Random sound clips on mmo-champ pages?

Is this happening to anyone else? Extremely aggravating to play music at a good volume and have a sound clip advertising something cut in on every new page.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's ads not being blocked by your add blocker. It's blocking the video, but not the sound.

I still don't understand the mentality of making ads with sound. It's like you're intentionally reminding people why they use ad block in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I still don't understand the mentality of making ads with sound. It's like you're intentionally reminding people why they use ad block in the first place.
    I remember the ones that would expand and take up the whole page and play a video, man that would piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    They're ads for ad block.

Adception

it happened once today, i updated all the filters on ublock origin, not happened again

but, it will be a never ending cycle of advertisers outsmarting filters and blockers coming up with new filters until ads are safely policed and non-annoying to be able to stop using ad blockers

They did something on this page in the last week or 2. ABP stopped working for the banner adds all the time and then with the TCF audio only adds. Its ONLY on this site, for me at least.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    They did something on this page in the last week or 2. ABP stopped working for the banner adds all the time and then with the TCF audio only adds. Its ONLY on this site, for me at least.
    I switched from adblock plus to uBlock Origin for this exact reason. Origin let's the sound play, while adblock only blocks half the adds it used to. Can't win lol. I would white list mmo-champ and wowhead...if they didn't load 35-75 different adds with every page you visit. Never ending circle I guess. More ads, more ad blocker people, then even more ads, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    Is this happening to anyone else? Extremely aggravating to play music at a good volume and have a sound clip advertising something cut in on every new page.
    Tumblr was doing the same thing for a while, and I traced it down to an HTML5 thing. If you can get an HTML5 auto-play blocker, it'll likely solve your problem.

The annoyance that comes with it though, is that things like YouTube and Netflix won't automatically play when you open them. That may be a good thing depending on your needs, but if you're used to things starting on their own it'll be a little disorienting at first.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Tumblr was doing the same thing for a while, and I traced it down to an HTML5 thing. If you can get an HTML5 auto-play blocker, it'll likely solve your problem.

The annoyance that comes with it though, is that things like YouTube and Netflix won't automatically play when you open them. That may be a good thing depending on your needs, but if you're used to things starting on their own it'll be a little disorienting at first.
    That does seem to have helped. Thanks for the advice!