Deleted

Amalgam's Seventh Spine for Holy

I just got my hands on a Spine so I've only been reading on forums before how great it supposedly is, especially with Trail of Light to trigger it twice. But when actually playing with it, doesn't Trail make it worse? The only time you get a bonus from Trail in regards to the trinket is if you're only casting FH once every 6th second so the buff appears on two targets that previously didn't have it. But most of the time we're casting it much more often with resuslts in 1 new target receiving the buff (same without Trail), but the buff on your previous target is refreshed which results in you not getting that mana back.

Have I misinterpreted people in regards to Trail and Spine being good together or what am I missing here?

Trail indeed refreshes the Spine buff on your previous FH target. So you don't really get two Spine procs because of trail, but you don't really lose much either vs not having trail, as the buff just gets refreshed and it only takes a little longer to get that mana back (I guess only when you would cast FH on that target again and refresh the buff, where otherwise it might have expired and given you mana, which definitely can happen with tanks or others taking damage over a period of time). So technically Spine is (extremely) good in spite of trail, but certainly not because of it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to assume you "misinterpreted people". Yes, you do ocassionaly get a "free" buff, if you didn't cast Flash Heal for the last 6 seconds. However, I doubt anyone claimed this was the main advantage of this trinket or Trail of Light. It's theoretically possible to waste nearly entire regen potential by only healing 2-3 people, so the buff keeps refreshing. However, this would be an extreme case that really shouldn't happen in raids - and you don't really need massive regen elsewhere.

The main advantage is... well, there aren't many regen trinkets at all. If you already had Promises and (Mana Devourer trinket), Amalgam would not be a massive upgrade. It's just that it works with our primary healing spell, including Surge of Light procs, which saves quite a bit of mana in long fights.

You really don't need to worry about it unless, as the other guy said, you're healing the same 2-3 people for the entire fight.

Which never happens.

Spine is one of, if not the best regen trinket right now. It nets you 300-400k mana depending on the fight length.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It nets you 300-400k mana depending on the fight length.
    Would love to see a log of this if possible.
    We had a 5:30 minutes fight against Dragons of Nightmare yesterday, and I only got 190k mana back

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rici View Post
    We had a 5:30 minutes fight against Dragons of Nightmare yesterday, and I only got 190k mana back
    It just depends on the fight really. Have a look at my recent Odyn and Guarm Heroic kills to compare:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...l=100&source=1 (Odyn - 377k Mana)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...l=100&source=1 (Guarm - 254k Mana)

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...enara/advanced (in case you're interested)

"Loose Mana" is the mana dropped by the "Fluctuating Energy" trinket.

Looking through my logs in general the fight length is one of the main factors on how much you get back. A long fight like Odyn being more favourable. However, it also depends on how much you spam Flash on different targets really. Odyn and Guarm are both excellent examples of fights where you do just that most of the time.

I don't have a Dragons kill to compare unfortunately. Haven't done them since I got the trinket a couple weeks ago.
    Last edited by Venara; 2016-12-09 at 01:29 PM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    With dragons, you're only healing 10 people at a time. Even less, if we include portal group being absent for half of the fight. *Even further*, there are several targets taking higher damage (specifically, Volatile Infection and plant soaking), who will need majority of healing. As a result, it's much easier to refresh Amalgam's buff and you gain less mana than you'd usually do.

Valid points from both of you with the way how the Dragon fight works...
    I compared our yesterdays fight with Guarm and with a 212k mana return its kinda near the values you provided.
    Sad thing I forgot to take the trinket in the 7 minutes Odyn fight to see if I could come nearby those 300-400k mana mentioned above.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sad thing I forgot to take the trinket in the 7 minutes Odyn fight to see if I could come nearby those 300-400k mana mentioned above.
    Oh it does. Mythic version is >500k just due to how long it is and how the damage is spread across the entire raid. And that's just basic 840ilvl Amalgam, since I never saw it drop outside WQ. Could probably go over 600k if it was Titanforged well.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=100&source=14

There's a 10minute mythic Odyn attempt using an 875 amalgam.

It's incredible.

And an 8:51 Eyeball kill
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...l=100&source=1
    Last edited by Shannerd; 2016-12-09 at 07:34 PM.

Hey Rici - it really depends on the fight. A fight like dragons, your raid is so split that you only have a select number of people to heal, resulting in less Fragile Echo buffs. However Spine has amazing results on fights like Il'gynoth where you are a Flash Heal monster, spot healing for a lot of the fight.

This week my guild downed Il'gynoth for the first time, so here is my shitty first kill log :P. I netted 536K from an 845 Spine. That's almost four mana potions! (Unfortionately the link is chopped up because I'm a lurker)

warcraftlogs .com/reports/nqrxQpCLZMzhyTFD#type=resources&fight=13&spell=100&source=24&ability=188017

10 min odyn: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...rces&spell=100
    4 min dragons: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=217&spell=100