Handle your mods differently

I don't know why I even have to say that, it should be common sense but literally the sites moderation is awful.

I understand mods closing down threads that are insulting, provoke racism or anything like that.

Although your mods close down posts just because they want to and they label it as "not being constructive"... Define what constructive is? Its a forum, where people share thoughts and ideas, someone might find my comment not constructive while someone else might find it very constructive, thats completely subjective.

Your mods and the superpowers they have gained on defining whats constructive and whats not are leading people away from posting on your site. Its some sort of censorship without real reason.

While I know, that noone high up on the curse ladder will see this and act, I felt like posting it as my last post on this website with the hope that one day this "FORUM" will become and actual Forum for people to discuss rather than lets go with whatever our mods and blizzard are happy to hear about.

I'm not a moderator, but if you look at the posts in the thread, it was mostly insulting Blizzard (including individual employees), jokes about the "middle finger" (kind of your fault for starting the thread like that), or just whining.

You shouldn't take this so personally. I thought your post was well thought out and was a valid concern, but your title and the other posters made the thread bad. Even if you get past all that, the thread could do nothing but serve to cry about the problem; it's not like discussing it or being mad at Blizzard is gonna fix it. Not on this forum, at least. If you really wanted Blizzard to notice, you'd have to post on their official forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no strict definition of what is constructive or what constitutes trolling. Context always matters and we have to weigh what someone is saying, how they're saying it, and how people are responding to what they're saying. That's not an easy thing to do, and no one is just closing down threads because "they want to". In regards to your thread, it was mostly just ranting with the hope of an echo chamber, for people to agree with you but with no real posted solution, no thoughts on what could change. That's not promoting any kind of useful discussion and it's not particularly constructive, given the very hostile title and tone.

We're never going to post a list of "these things are non-constructive" because all that will do is give trolls exactly the fuel they need to slip under the line, something they already do well enough without.

As always, you can address your concerns with a global moderator.