Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    pics or didn't happen.

Seriously read what you just wrote and you'll realize thats total garbage. BM and MM have pretty much the same BiS gear.
    at 1:44:07 but i understood it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    pics or didn't happen.

Seriously read what you just wrote and you'll realize thats total garbage. BM and MM have pretty much the same BiS gear.
    I took his gear comment as a figure of speech but in addition to the previous vid posted, here's another where Roger Brown of Method says he will be playing BM for at least some fights in Nighthold and suspects it will be the more popular spec (and why) for the patch.
    w*w*w.twitch.tv/huntingpartypodcast/v/108364108***

remove asterisks for link.

Thanks for the link. Pretty reasonable discussion.

With regards to legendaries, I think its pretty smart to switch loot specs after you get 2 good ones for one spec because the chance of you getting a third good one for that spec is way lower than getting a good one for a fresh spec.

He didn't get "two good ones" for MM. He got the two best ones, hands down. The only other mildly useful one which is MM spec specific is the ring, and that's barely a gain for anything. It only makes logical sense to switch your loot spec to BM after getting the two BIS legendaries.

As for why BM "on average" is better for M-Odyn, it's probably because the top half of that average for MM cleaves two targets at least for phases 1 and 2, and the bottom half just shoot one target because they're lazy or their tanks don't know how to position adds or they just don't know any better. Our other hunter switched to BM for about a dozen pulls during progression on Odyn, and couldn't keep up with any of our MM hunters at all, despite being the slightly better MM player himself, and tunneling the boss. And he wears Pyrdaz and the ridiculous helm with the FD heal, so it's not really a matter of legendaries either. MM is a pain in the ass in the last phase, sure, until you, well, practice it.