Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Dragon fire potion is devastating in Dragon Priest decks. I had a priest on the ropes and he dropped that spell twice and wiped out my whole board. He had three dragons against my full board of totems, jade golems, White Eyes, and Rag. Dragons were untouched.

Good to see Reno Lock doing well.

The Goons need a boost. They get smashed way before they can ramp up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    The Goons need a boost. They get smashed way before they can ramp up.
    They're fine. Aggro needs a nerf, that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Ah but then you face the catch 22 of adjusting your deck to face what you've seen for 80% of your last games then see 0 for the next 20 games!
    That is tech cards working as intended. You're not meant to have your normal win ratio against other decks when you're teching a card or two for a different deck, otherwise the deck cards would become staples since you wouldn't suffer against other matchups. If you want to 'counter' a deck expect to do more poorly when you are pit against things you're not specifically trying to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    That is tech cards working as intended. You're not meant to have your normal win ratio against other decks when you're teching a card or two for a different deck, otherwise the deck cards would become staples since you wouldn't suffer against other matchups. If you want to 'counter' a deck expect to do more poorly when you are pit against things you're not specifically trying to beat.
    Not sure you have a clue what I said given your comment is completely unrelated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Not sure you have a clue what I said given your comment is completely unrelated.
    It's completely related. A player struggles with a certain deck and faces the catch 22 of improving their win ratio versus that deck, just to replace the loses they would have had with that deck with other decks instead. Tech cards help cause this catch 22, but they are still working as intended. Even if you have change your deck (say against pirate warrior you add Ooze or Harrison) that doesn't mean you are garunteed to run into the decks you are now supposed to be countering.

That's the nature of countering things in the game. Sometimes you'll run into those decks & other times you'll run into decks you would have done well against before adding the techs, but with the changes you made they then beat you instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    It's completely related. A player struggles with a certain deck and faces the catch 22 of improving their win ratio versus that deck, just to replace the loses they would have had with that deck with other decks instead. Tech cards help cause this catch 22, but they are still working as intended. Even if you have change your deck (say against pirate warrior you add Ooze or Harrison) that doesn't mean you are garunteed to run into the decks you are now supposed to be countering.

That's the nature of countering things in the game. Sometimes you'll run into those decks & other times you'll run into decks you would have done well against before adding the techs, but with the changes you made they then beat you instead.
    I think you're being a bit absolutist here. Adding an Ooze to your decklist does not cause you to automatically lose against every match up that isn't a weapon deck. Ooze is a fine card, it's got vanilla stats and you can just play it as a 2 drop in other match ups. Yeah sure you could have played something stronger but it's not a huge hit to your decks power level.

Equally even drawing Ooze vs Pirate decks doesn't guarantee you the win but it will certainly up your chances. I'm actually running 2 Oozes at in Dragon Priest and I don't think it hampers the deck too badly vs none weapon match ups, you just use Brann+Netherspite vs Control to get the late game I cut instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Game is fucking horrible now. Every game is either against some brainless rush deck or a Jade Druid deck that's unbeatable unless you play a brainless rush deck. No fun to be had.
    Welcome to Hearthstone, the devs ALWAYS make one or two super strong decks with every expansion and knowingly let everything else rot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    The devs don't really control the meta. The meta can be fairly dynamic. There's almost always only 3-4 deck types being played. It's how every single card game ever works.
    I don't know, the devs claim they do very extensive testing of their new cards. So then I look at something like Secret Paladin and say, if you really play test your cards, you had to know that Secret Paladin was just going to dominate the entire game, and you basically yup that's cool with us we want one deck that effectively wrecks everything else.

I get you can't always foresee which aggro deck with be the king aggro deck, but you can say when you release a expansion if their are or are not enough tools to counter aggro decks. So face decks from Hunter to Pirate are not a shock they knew they were going to rule.

The devs have effectively chosen with each expansion which class was going to dominate game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I don't know, the devs claim they do very extensive testing of their new cards. So then I look at something like Secret Paladin and say, if you really play test your cards, you had to know that Secret Paladin was just going to dominate the entire game, and you basically yup that's cool with us we want one deck that effectively wrecks everything else.

I get you can't always foresee which aggro deck with be the king aggro deck, but you can say when you release a expansion if their are or are not enough tools to counter aggro decks. So face decks from Hunter to Pirate are not a shock they knew they were going to rule.

The devs have effectively chosen with each expansion which class was going to dominate game.
    I agree that even with the anti aggro tools blizzard finally gave to players in MSoG for the standard format (compared to the complete lack of neutral anti aggro tools in Old Gods) that the game still could use more of them. However, even with that said having a bunch of counter tech cards for any deck doesn't mean that the deck that is being countered still won't do well. Look at the tail end of the non split format of HS (before LoE and Reno). We had Sludge Belcher and Healbot, two excellent anti aggro tools, and yet aggro still dominated in a large number of cases. Even if you release counter tools it doesn't mean that deck still won't prevail.