Legion system requirements

Hi guys!

So I was just curious what graphic preset in-game/fps would you be running at on the legion RECOMMENDED system requirements? Apparently they are;
    CPU: Intel Core i5-3330, AMD FX-6300, or better
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti or AMD Radeon R7 260X or better
    RAM: 4 GB

Also, i'm in the market for a laptop and the two current ones i'm looking at has a 8gb ram or a 12gb ram, does having more ram actually do anything? If so what, or does it only use the 4 maximum?

Also, the 17.3 inch has a 1tb HDD while the 15.6 has a 256gb ssd, which would you likely get?

Thanks
    Last edited by Enticity; 2016-12-09 at 06:43 PM.

you will probably be playing on graphics preset 4-5 with ok framerates in the high 30's low 40's. It also depends on how much anti aliasing you use.

Having more ram wont do anything unless you need more ram. Having 8 GB for wow vs 12 will have the same result. I have 16 GB of ram in my pc and while running wow I sit in 5-6 GB of ram usage but wow is only using ~2.1 GB. the other usage is just windows and a few other programs with one chrome tab open.

Knowing nothing about the specs of either laptop and just assuming both have the same hardware in the except for screen size and storage, I would say that depends on your own storage needs. If you play lots of other games or have a good amount of storage need then the SSD likely wont suit you very well. I personally would buy the 17 inch and add a SSD to it if it could support 2 drives and keep the 1 TB drive for storage. Depending on the price between the 2 it might be a better option to go for the 15 inch and add a hard drive to it.

Do you actually need a laptop? If you don't just build a PC. And you need to provide us with more specs of the laptop the ones you provided are pretty much irrelevant we need CPU/GPU preferably just links to the laptops you're looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    Do you actually need a laptop? If you don't just build a PC. And you need to provide us with more specs of the laptop the ones you provided are pretty much irrelevant we need CPU/GPU preferably just links to the laptops you're looking at.
    Yes, there are many reasons why a PC isn't suitable for my living right now.. But they are the same (940MX Nividia, and a intel-i5 7200U) only difference was the 12gb ram versus the 8gb in the 15.6 and the 17.3 had a 1tb HDD compared to the 15s 256 gb ssd

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enticity View Post
    Yes, there are many reasons why a PC isn't suitable for my living right now.. But they are the same (940MX Nividia, and a intel-i5 7200U) only difference was the 12gb ram versus the 8gb in the 15.6 and the 17.3 had a 1tb HDD compared to the 15s 256 gb ssd
    Acer Aspire E 17.3" Laptop - Black (Intel i5-7200U/1TB HDD/12GB RAM/Windows 10)

Acer Aspire E 15.6" Laptop - Black (Intel i5-7200U/256 SSD/8GB RAM/NVIDIA 940MX/Windows 10)

I can't post links yet but they're on bestbuy . ca