Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Affliction Gold traits on PTR

Wrath of Consumption and Soul Flame don't seem to be doing anything. I really verymuch doubt they'd be doing anything with them because they are so integral to the artifact and iirc they mor eor less said that stuff like this is beyond anything other than an expansion level redesign. 7.1.5 was suposed tobe talent changes.

They aren;t really redesigning Surrender to Madness for example: just smoothing it's effects out

The third golden trait also is bugged or my luck is horrible just casting on a target dummy had 53 ticks of corruption and with probably 75% reap uptime thanks to the new back legendary I had 1 tick of the 15% proc that should be doubled to 30% with reap up.

Quote Originally Posted by erinthea View Post
    The third golden trait also is bugged or my luck is horrible just casting on a target dummy had 53 ticks of corruption and with probably 75% reap uptime thanks to the new back legendary I had 1 tick of the 15% proc that should be doubled to 30% with reap up.
    Quite a few traits don't double for some reason.

As to the topic, if they didn't buff other options to the moon to combat Effigy, I would have loved to see those two traits add a bit more. Something like Soul Flame auto detonating on consecutive Drain Soul ticks as well and/or Wrath of Consumption also generating more Reap stacks in combat.

They chose to buff elsewhere, which was nice in a way as the way they chose is allowing us to opt out of Soul Effigy, but changes would have been nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    it could also be an indication that they are going to change those golden traits a bit, bcoz soul flame+WoC are just way too backloaded, WoC being backloaded makes sense since its a dmg buff that stacks after stuff dies, but soul flame is good if you have a lot of fast dying adds, if you dont then its shit, id like to see soul flame changed into something like pestilence with a cd or wandering plague that dks have/had, where dots spread to every1 within 8-10 yards or dots have a chance to explode for 1 tick worth of dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    it could also be an indication that they are going to change those golden traits a bit, bcoz soul flame+WoC are just way too backloaded, WoC being backloaded makes sense since its a dmg buff that stacks after stuff dies, but soul flame is good if you have a lot of fast dying adds, if you dont then its shit, id like to see soul flame changed into something like pestilence with a cd or wandering plague that dks have/had, where dots spread to every1 within 8-10 yards or dots have a chance to explode for 1 tick worth of dmg.
    Honestly the on death triggers arent't that bad and are great for flavor. It just shouldn't be the sole benefit of the perk if they wanted to go that way.

On death is a nice bonus, but there should be a larger more general bonus being provided. If they're not working at all though, I wonder what they have in store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I am actually very much enjoying those two traits, hope they don't get changed. They aren't always relevant, BUT WHEN THEY ARE. DAYM. Situational stuff is okay when the payoff moments are huge. And I think Soulflame and WoC might actually be too strong.

WoC is one of the few things left in the kit that gives me a feeling of outplaying the boss. I pull the guy in the cave for the Totem boss in Nelths and kill it exactly between his 2 totem casts -- it lets me keep a 5stack of WoC rolling for the entire fight.

I'd like to see either wrath of consumption or soul flame get redesigned; feels bad having two gold traits be substantially irrelevant for most boss encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    I'd like to see either wrath of consumption or soul flame get redesigned; feels bad having two gold traits be substantially irrelevant for most boss encounters.
    There are adds that die on 8 of the 10 mythic bosses released so far (9 if you kill your friends on Nythendra). Ursoc is sort of a gimmie, but even 70% isn't bad (and is certainly the majority). Patchwork isn't real life.
    Last edited by Joryy; 2016-12-10 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    No fuck that. They are amazing for Mythic+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuux View Post
    There are adds that die on 8 of the 10 mythic bosses released so far (9 if you kill your friends on Nythendra). Ursoc is sort of a gimmie, but even 70% isn't bad (and is certainly the majority). Patchwork isn't real life.
    Yes, but even on those Wrath of Consumption and Soul Flame don;t really do anything truly useful.

Certainly in most boss fights you can discount the Wrath buff as having any significant amountof uptime - even it's maximum is a 10% buff for 20 seconds. At best it's fraction and for boss fights it's probably weaker than most of th eother non-Gold dps boosters.

Soul Flame? Virtually no use at all in most boss fights, it's pretty much a trash AOE trait and has vanishingly little use outsid eof that. Ilgynoth and Helya, maybe, but even in them it's nothing special.

They both require a steady stream of plentiful low-health adds to do anything really significant.

I seriously doubt they are redesigning the Gold traits. That would represent a major rework for affliction and they said that 7.1.5 was pretty much talents and numbers. Moreover I'd suggest if they were going to fiddle with the artifact they'd have put that in at the start because we're more than halfway through the testing phase and changing the Golds away from where they are now into something more useful on boss fights would pretyt much mean they are either not all that useful, or useful enough to invalidate all the PTR testing so so.

They already need to update the artifact because it's not working properly with baseline Drain Soul.

I'd also say that it wouldn;t make much sense to doing such a major rework on affliction whilst leaving destruction and demonology untouched. The Gold traits for affliction are an issue, but mostly because they don;t do anything in singlet target sights where affliction was a poor performer. With the change sin talents that's no longer true, so there's less need for affliction to need a helping hand from it's artifact.

If they did do both, then invariably affliction would either end up needing to be nerfed....or it would exchange it's aoe strength for single target, and the complaint cycle would start up again.

Deleted
    I am hoping wrath of Consumption is down on the ptr cause they are fixing it to actually double under reap, maybe thats wishful thinking. From pve perspective I would rather they weren't changed, soulflame is fairly worthless in raids but its good to amazing in mythic +. WoC is extremely good in mythic + and is actually pretty strong in raids too if you know how to manage it, you can get it up in 7/10 raid fights so far since Ursoc mythic adds dont proc it for some reason.

Deleted
    im hoping they will frontload the dmg more rather than backload it, it makes the dmg they do rather useless for a lot of raiding.

Affliction's artifact has been bugged since Legion alfa, now almost a year after that, in 7.1 it's still filled with bugs, you artifact ablity's tooltip says "double the effectiveness of all traits"and yet so many traits either does absolute nothing when using reap, or the traits's tooltip doesn't update when reap is up.

To whoever wrote the code for affliction, YOU SHOULD BE FUCKING FIRED!

Quote Originally Posted by Dranxadin View Post
    I am hoping wrath of Consumption is down on the ptr cause they are fixing it to actually double under reap, maybe thats wishful thinking. From pve perspective I would rather they weren't changed, soulflame is fairly worthless in raids but its good to amazing in mythic +. WoC is extremely good in mythic + and is actually pretty strong in raids too if you know how to manage it, you can get it up in 7/10 raid fights so far since Ursoc mythic adds dont proc it for some reason.
    Unless it's been fixed, the slmie from Helya don't proc any On-Death talents nor do they generate souls, which kinda sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by sd2400533 View Post
    Affliction's artifact has been bugged since Legion alfa, now almost a year after that, in 7.1 it's still filled with bugs, you artifact ablity's tooltip says "double the effectiveness of all traits"and yet so many traits either does absolute nothing when using reap, or the traits's tooltip doesn't update when reap is up.

To whoever wrote the code for affliction, YOU SHOULD BE FUCKING FIRED!
    You're expecting a lot from people who still have a rain of fire cast time reduction on a talent still. My personal expectations on tooltips are not unlike the same feelings I hold for red lobster, you pretty much know things are gonna be old and stink of failure before you even check them out.
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2016-12-14 at 06:11 AM.

Latest Build still broken gold traits and drain soul buffs both healing and damage. they can nerf every decent legendary in the game but can't fix the locks weapon

Quote Originally Posted by erinthea View Post
    Latest Build still broken gold traits and drain soul buffs both healing and damage. they can nerf every decent legendary in the game but can't fix the locks weapon
    Its almost like that's a primary thing this build focused on or something.

Deleted
    Could I encourage people on ptr, when you send a report about Soulflame and Wrath of Consumption not working, to also point out Wrath of Consumption is not effected by Reap Souls on live. Would be a pity if they are working on them some how to not fix a fairly fundamental bug

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Its almost like that's a primary thing this build focused on or something.
    yep but they still had time to address other issues but not nearly a broken artifact weapon when that takes up 9 ish traits that aren't working at all or aren't performing as described. At this point I expect it to go live broken because we get no feedback that yes we know that warlock affliction warlock traits aren't working we are on it and disabled them until we fix it properly.

It appears that the drain soul traits now are working as is soul flame, wrath is still not working, and harvester proc rate still not being buffed by reap (nor is it's damage as expected)