Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i did, but i left emotion out of it.

Inside me, i just couldn't stand the company and some (not all) people anymore and i wanted out, but when i talked to my boss, i said that my decision was not motivated by grief against the company (which was a lie) but because i had other professional project and i wanted to pursue them (which was sort of true).

That means i left the company on good term, because i lie to them and did not get emotional about it.

God how I wanted to, my last job was soul-sucking, but sadly going cold-turkey on income was non-negotiable at the time.

Thankfully, something much better came along

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time. I better learn how to play ball and take a bite of that poop sandwich,or starve.

Yes on the Principle they were not paying me enough and the new place I was going to did.....

Yup. After two nights. But let me explain...

I wasn't officially hired. Was more of a favor to a friend of my dads. he owns a Greek taverna and needed a waiter to help with the holiday rush, because apparently English people love Greek food during the summer. So I went in on the first night, all dressed up and stuff, hoping to get some idea as to what I was doing.

First thing the boss' wife says, after about a minute or so of silence, "You cold? Take your coat off."

I knew this was gonna be a very long night, even if it was only 4 hours of work. We have a cloakroom around the back, so I go hang my coat up. I come back out and she says "Stand by the door, say hello to customers and take their coats." So for the first night I was essentially a doorman more than a waiter. Easy enough

Second night... I lost the plot. Completely. The wife bitched at me for doing nothing the prior night, and I told her that that's all she told me to do; how am I supposed to know what to do when I'm not given any training or direction? She has a huff and tells me to shadow George, another waiter who was there before and has been working for them for a few years. There was also another guy, Jeffry, who I did not realize until near the end of my "shift" that he was called in because they needed a second person to cover. So yeah, fair enough.

So I did what I was told, and shadowed George. Nice guy, was patient, and told me what to do: serve the food, say Hi to all the customers, and if they needed anything extra I'd grab their stuff and put the price on the bill.

And then shit hits the fan. In the middle of about 30 seated customers and another 14 by the door, the wife starts going off her nut, saying that I shouldn't be getting people's extra orders, shouldn't be adding to the bills, shouldn't be making drinks, or even allowed to be behind the bar. I pretty much blanked her five minute rant and, afterwards, went to the cloakroom, grabbed my coat, and walked out.

I went across the road and had a smoke, waiting for the bus that goes past every half an hour in the evenings. George then came out and, apparently, the wife told him to drag me back inside. I was super hot at this point, so I told him that if he wants to drag me back in then he can very well try to. He never did and tried to explain to me that it was his fault and he shouldn't have told me stuff I didn't need to do. I told him, no, it wasn't his fault, don't make excuses for her, and that if I was better trained (i.e. trained at all) then I would have done a better job. he went back in.

Five minutes later, Jeffry come out. He has words with me, telling me to suck it up and finish the night. I asked him how much he was getting paid. He said he was getting paid £60 for the night, 4 hours. I simply said to him that was nowhere near enough to pay me for taking abuse from my manager in front of a taverna filled with customers, and to take his self-righteous arse back inside before I get violent. He did, quite quickly.

Ten minutes later, the boss comes out and says he's really sorry for how his wife treated me, and gave me £60 for the two nights. I took 20, put it in his shirt pocket, and told him that he'll never hear or see from me again, and I expect the same. I could see through the window that the tension was thick in there before I got the bus home.

Next morning, he phoned my dad about it and he had his share of words for me. So I told him that if he was that bothered about it, he should go work there in my stead. he didn't have much to say after.

As someone who's been working doors for pubs and bars for years, I've had my share of abuse, so I should have been thick-skinned to deal with it. But hey, swings and roundabouts.

I flat out told my previous boss that he cannot make me lie to people just because he wants to make a buck out of gullible people.

I don't care its not really a lie but its fucking disgusting.
    He told me i will have no future if i think this way, maybe he is right maybe not but even if i end up homeless i'll not lie/abuse people.

Yes. Boss was shitty, sexually harassed most of the male population, would "happen" to use the bathroom at the same time and make sexually driven conversation all the time. I had enough, as did other people. 3 of us walked out. I called HR. Store got shut down.

Feels good man.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Twice actually. I worked part time at a Sheetz store. The store manager was sexually harassing and "Trumping" girls, including underaged one, and basically blackmailing those who found out about it while paying the girls management level pay and more hours to keep quiet. I felt awful that I knew about it but my conscience got the best of me and I had to quit. Luckily another manager found out and we were able to file statements that eventually got him arrested.

After there, I went into corrections as an officer for a private prison company. Went through the police academy and worked for the facility for a year, had hellacious benefits and pay, but I had to quit due to the condition of the prison and how we were forced to treat the inmates. We were eventually forced into mandatory whole pod 23's for weeks at a time which made us normal officers into the bad guys, made the atmosphere extremely hostile, higher violence rates, etc. Some of the sergeants were even complicit with inmate beatings, drug selling, etc out of the facility and I had to get away from it before I found myself implicated in the actions or possibly severely harmed by an inmate or even a fellow officer. After two intake inmates were found beaten to death in their holding cells, I knew that was it and I couldn't be involved in that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Yes, worked at a convenience story and quit because the manager was logging into the computers and editing hours off your time cards to cut your pay because their monthly bonus was tied to labor dollars and I had reported it to the district manager multiple times who would correct the missing hours on the cards when you brought it to her, but she wouldn't actually fix the issue.

Quit after doing that a few times and asking for my raise and I learned she tried to torpedo my raise so I couldn't get it while trying to screw other workers out of theirs as well.

Also had one place I didn't work for, but quit just filling out the application for the questions they were asking. To be a cashier at a normal department store similar to Target only smaller, they wanted to know not only my previous work experience and if I was working anywhere else. They wanted to know how much I was making at the other job I was still working at, if I was married and if I was married where did my wife work and how much she was making. Balled the application up, threw it away, and walked out.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.