Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Cooking: Rank 3 recipies?!

A friend of mine told me that he got the rank 3 recipies after he leveled up cooking a bit, like up to 300 or so... and that till then he wasn't getting any even after 150+ work orders. Now, I have almost that many work orders too on certain recipies and none yet to give me a rank 3. What's the deal here? I've never read any such thing anywhere...so is just the RNG that bad?! Or is there merit to what my friend says?

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is RNG. Nomi also has a crazily low drop rate on the higher ranks recipes. I'm 790 cooking, and three months and hundreds of work orders later I still only have two rank 3 recipes.

yeah its a retarded time sink.

like all of legion.

yeah i gave up a few weeks ago.
    RNG is not fun no matter what blizzard thinks

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    RNG is RNG. Nomi also has a crazily low drop rate on the higher ranks recipes. I'm 790 cooking, and three months and hundreds of work orders later I still only have two rank 3 recipes.
    You are doing the cooking dailies for skill up right? And DMF.

Got my r3 mastery food few days ago, nomi was nonstop burning eggs since release until now for it.
    Probably thousands in total.

Just do the old-war cooking daily for skillup, there is one that awards 2 skillups even so that goes pretty fast for the last couple skills.
    Worst part of Nomi is that once you finally get the recipe you want you'll likely see 2-3 of the same pattern at once, even further frustrating you.

Deleted
    That's all great and all, I do get the shitty RNG part...but does having higher cooking skill gives you any higher chance of getting a rank 3 from nomi? Or not?

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Yep. That's the only reason my skill is that high. Every single recipe I know went grey somewhere in the 770s. At this rate I'll probably hit 800 from the daily before I even get a rank 3, 375 recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Unstompable View Post
    That's all great and all, I do get the shitty RNG part...but does having higher cooking skill gives you any higher chance of getting a rank 3 from nomi? Or not?
    No, it has 0 effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    yeah i gave up a few weeks ago.
    RNG is not fun no matter what blizzard thinks
    I like a bit of RNG. But not when it's something like this. Not only is it extremely frustrating, and drawn-out, and seemingly pointless, but it's also somehow actually immersion-breaking.

I've hit max-level cooking, cooked thousands of recipes from all over Azeroth and beyond, but I can't quite cook a bit of salad until some spastic panda THAT I TRAINED MYSELF magically hands me a recipe after fucking it up hundreds if not thousands of times. K. Compelling shit, that.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I like a bit of RNG. But not when it's something like this. Not only is it extremely frustrating, and drawn-out, and seemingly pointless, but it's also somehow actually immersion-breaking.

I've hit max-level cooking, cooked thousands of recipes from all over Azeroth and beyond, but I can't quite cook a bit of salad until some spastic panda THAT I TRAINED MYSELF magically hands me a recipe after fucking it up hundreds if not thousands of times. K. Compelling shit, that.
    I have to agree. The randomness of cooking is becoming annoying. It was the same with Alchemy. But since getting the Rank3 Prolonged Power I managed to get to 800

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    o.O I cannot believe I forgot about these. Well, I'm off to finally get my last few points

10+ Year Old Account
    one of my alts got a rank 3 recipe with almost no cooking level

I feel your pain.

Rank 2 of everything. Rank 3 of nothing.

This stupid panda just gave me the Azshari Salad recipe yesterday after giving him lean steaks this entire expansion.
    The Legion cooking system is insanely retarded.

I don't think I've ever hated an NPC as much as I hate Nomi right now. Zero level 3 recipes, a lot of wasted materials after many weeks and I still get disappointed every time I click on that god damn table.

Deleted
    What's "stupid" or "retarded" about it?
    Figure out which materials you need for what, and discard the ones that can give you recipes you don't want.... Don't blame the system when you don't even know how to use it.

Im still waiting to get rank 1 recipies for 3 different foods. Feels great not being able to craft or own high end stuff because of this.

So not having rank 3? Be quiet cause you can still make items

Unless your a completionist stop giving Nomi stuff when you have at least rank 1 of every recipe you want. Otherwise you're throwing away more mats than you could ever hope to save by having higher ranks.
    Signature not found

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadra View Post
    What's "stupid" or "retarded" about it?
    Figure out which materials you need for what, and discard the ones that can give you recipes you don't want.... Don't blame the system when you don't even know how to use it.
    The rng of getting rank 2 or 3 recipes. when you know how to use the system (let's not debate that, i know how to farm Nomi and i don't need a frigging addon). 2 recipes total since 7.1 with non stop mat feeding. I got more stuff from him before 7.1 and more frequently. People report that the "promised to be fixed with 7.1" bacon rank 3 recipe isn't fixed and they still get rank 1 when they have rank 2 already. Need more? Cooking is fucked up in Legion, system-wise and bug-wise and only the completionist in me "forces" me to put up with this bullshit.