Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

PVP So unrewarding for casual play

Almost one hour AV versus the Russians.

Yes I know they always win and its best just to leave at the start, blah blah blah....

But we really tried and got to within 70 points by the end when they won on reinforcements....

Reward?

450 AP

Deleted
    Why should you get rewarded for losing?

It's like these medals they give out at schools so everyone is a winnner! No, fuck off. People win and people lose not everything is meant for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post

It's like these medals they give out at schools so everyone is a winnner! No, fuck off. People win and people lose not everything is meant for everyone.
    I can give you two good reasons off the top of my head.

* Unranked WoW PvP does not, to my understanding, have any sort of decent MMR system. It's completely possible, and extremely common, to get an unfair or one-sided match from minute one. This is a tremendous problem for any system that tries to heavily consolidate rewards within wins or performance.
    * In some BGs like AV, your overall contribution to a win or loss will typically be very small. It's kinda shit to be rewarded on a win/loss basis when the win/loss is less about myself and teamwork and more about the "which 39/19/9 other guys did I get?" lottery.

Besides, the whole thing is a faceroll joke by design. I mean, what are the penalties for leaving a BG? 15 minutes of being unable to queue for BGs? Those kinds of features kinda make it obvious that it's about as far from being "serious" content as possible. It's just weird to get picky about wins or losses in that environment.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2016-12-10 at 10:31 AM.

Casuals now want rewards when losing. This game is doomed.

Because, then we go back to the days of people dropping the match as soon as the other team caps the flag once or pulls ahead by a couple hundred points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgit View Post
    Yes I know they always win and its best just to leave at the start, blah blah blah....
    I don't get that mentality.

If you want to be rewarded for PvP, don't queue AV or IoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    It's a game, kid. Quit acting so high and mighty over a game. If blizzard is smart they'll make even losing fun.

You could always blacklist AV

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Even the random rewards from winning even are so annoying when there's like at least 3 versions of rings/necks , and 2 grades of random gear (Combatant+Gladiator) on top of that , it's a bit weird you can still get 830 blues after prestige 1 as well.

I already recently blacklisted AV and Isle of Conquest as they take too long sometimes, if you want more then just honor.

Most world quest give 840-845 base, but BGs still give either 835 or 840 with an ocasional 830 blue.

I know it's likely the itemlevel will go up in season 2 so that's not the main issue, its the randomness of what piece you can get.

As for rewards for losing, it shouldn't be more then one of the random green strongboxes you can get as a bonus loot which contain potions, gold or a mark of honor.

Maybe only reward it if a certain condition is met when it is a close loss or after a dynamic time limit, not for a quick 3 0 WSG or 0 1500 point loss for example.
    Last edited by Teri; 2016-12-10 at 03:40 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    i agree with this. Pvp instancing ruins the immersion of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    If blizzard is stupid they'll make even losing fun.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Nah, I want the rewards to be less focused on the binary win/loss.... and for them to find a middle ground where EVEN IF YOU WIN... if you sat around and didnt do squat, you don't get crazy rewards. And on the reverse side of the coin... EVEN IF YOU LOSE... if you were the allstar of the team, you should get rewarded more then the trash of the winning team.

They have all the elements there to reward the top 20-40% of players for each side... as well as apply more emphasis on the objective bonuses. They simply choose not to.

Deleted
    The only reward i want from PvP is to move the Russian premades the fuck away from the EU battlegroup. In every videogame ever russians only brought hacking/exploiting/premades and if they play solo they suck in every single game be it CS or Dota 2, etc. I played with many people online. Wide variety of nations there were some assholes from every country of course. But i never had fun with a Russian around. Not even once.

If they want to make PvP fun then it should not matter whether you win or lose. Make playing rewarding, not winning.

Deleted
    I agree, i always enjoyed playing random BGs, and i still do BUT currently its sooo unrewarding.

I can run brain afk autoattack random heroics and get more AP.
    I can run 5-9 M+ with almost no effort once ur somewhat decently geared and get way better loot.

I can fight my arse off in BG's, still loose after 20mins WS, and get NOTHIN!

The item rewards from BGs are literally a joke, dont know why they dont increase with Prestige Level?

I remember when they announced some super duper random BGs score system which should reward objective plays at blizzcon prior to WoD, yes WoD, which obviously never made it live! LUL
    Last edited by mmoc418a8f9674; 2016-12-10 at 10:16 PM.

i know it sucks. trying to make daily bg win, 6 bgs later : well not today. sucks beeing german random alliance paired against englisch outland premade guys.

Best moment was when i hit spellreflect on a glacial spike and killed a mage with it, it was the only alliance kill in the whole bg, and it was me. In a 1 vs 4 or 5 situation. A big, and memorable victory. Very proud of me, although i had like 1-15 stats at the end of the bg.

But it sucks doing bgs in that style over and over again.

I'd prefer it if the casual element of PvP (BGs / Arena) offered the ability to gear up or progress in the game somehow. But so many butt hurt elitists defend the "almighty ladder" that I doubt we will make any progress on the issue. Rewards will be tied to rating, rating will be tied to the ladder and the ladder only rewards scummy meta gaming where you jump from one OP comp to the next until you can be part of the exclusive 1800+ club (10% community).

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Nah, I want the rewards to be less focused on the binary win/loss.... and for them to find a middle ground where EVEN IF YOU WIN... if you sat around and didnt do squat, you don't get crazy rewards. And on the reverse side of the coin... EVEN IF YOU LOSE... if you were the allstar of the team, you should get rewarded more then the trash of the winning team.

They have all the elements there to reward the top 20-40% of players for each side... as well as apply more emphasis on the objective bonuses. They simply choose not to.
    This idea makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its just I could have ran 1 world quest picking up nuts and kicking squirrels and got more AP for that hour I spent yesterday, typing strategies and stuff into chat

Already been said but .... If I Q up, get WSG, and proceed to cap the flag twice while my team of bots is getting gy farmed only to have the enemies wise up and stop me after which, why shouldn't I get reward for being better then the 19 other players in the BG, despite the fact that the 9 useless ones on my team caused me to lose ?

It's not nearly as black and white as you make it sound. There should always be more incentive to win (Because other wise people wouldn't bother trying) but not giving out any thing on a loss just makes premading mandatory. That said, in rated arena, that's a difference story, but thats because you're with a group of your own making and you should be coordinating and playing well, other wise you get nothing for it.