Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yeah the spec is just horribly boring. Even if it was the top dps spec or Hati teleporting to its target, I couldn't play it.

And Blizzard won't do any significant changes to the gameplay until next expansion. Enjoy BM for the next 18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Threndsa View Post
    All we got was "There is some tuning to be done to make the other specs feel more viable in other situations." from the Q&A (other specs in this case being BM and SV)
    SV is some designers pet project and will probably continue to get worked on at a level disproportionate to the amount of people maining the spec and MM, being the current go to spec, is going to get more attention than BM because it's what most the player base is focused on.

BM will probably get bandage fixes and enough minor buffs to keep them playable but never at MM level throughout Legion. Nothing they have said/done so far shows any inclination towards actually fixing the issues that could make BM viable. It's the throwaway spec this expansion.

Ion has mentioned that they wanted to make sure that the spec most players invested a lot of time/ap into didn't seem to under-powered compared to their counterparts (In this case BM, Surv, MM) So, with that in mind, I only see Blizzard trying work out a few kinks like mentioned from the poster I quoted while keeping MM on top throughout Legion.
    Last edited by jibberbox85; 2016-12-11 at 01:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Yet at the same time you haven't said in any way why it isn't 'fine'.
    Are you daft? My first post in this topic discussed things that could be improved.

Even if pet AI/pathing was the ONLY issue (and it isn't), that's a BIG issue. Your primary source of damage not always being able to reach the target while all of MM's shots can, all of a mage's spells can, etc is broken and nothing but. Popping hero for a burn phase only to discover your pet is stuck on a fucking rock is stupid, plain and simple.

And let's discuss Hati, the pet no one asked for - he is slow as dirt, moving at less than half the speed of the primary pet, and sometimes stays at the hunter's side spamming Beast Cleave at nothing. The only way pet mobility is even remotely adequate is with Blink Strikes, which costs us a vastly superior talent to take. And BS doesn't even affect Hati, so he still feels like he's wading through a pool of molasses to get to the target regardless.

Or we could discuss that our spec is pretty much built around Dire Beast, which has one of the worst 'refresh mechanics' ever, or that the replacement Blizzard offered to people who don't like spamming random, temporary animals (Dire Frenzy) is terrible.

But hey, lets ignore all that (and the other issues BM has) because AWESOME MYTHIC+ AOE BRO.

#totallyfine
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2016-12-11 at 02:11 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I dunno why we can't have a ranged pet.

Why does every pet have to face check mobs??

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    I dunno why we can't have a ranged pet.

Why does every pet have to face check mobs??
    For one thing, our damage is balanced around our pet's autoattack damage.

And there is a major trait built around creating an aoe radiating from the pet.

They should fix the pet AI and pathing and we are halfway done with fixing BMs problems. I really love this specc and its nowhere near completely damaged or something but there are so many minor things which are horrible to really enjoy it. And no MM is not an option for me. And yes please make Blink Strikes (without the dmg Buff) a passive one which also affect Hati. Leave the dmg increase to the talent row.

Quote Originally Posted by Agallion View Post
    In the Q&A they specifically said BM just needs some tuning, i would imagine youll see those adjustments later in the month or next. Most of the complaints you have here are very minor annoyances rather than game breaking. They need fixing absolutely but nothing here is in need of right now attention.
    what are you talking about? bm needs fixing now, way more then mm. mm is already played by most hunters, they need to fix bm and survival so all 3 are viable choices. at least they are trying to fix survival. bm on the other hand is basically ignored. all the problems are still being ignored. feedback since alpha and beta are being ignored. bm has a bunch of broken shit that need to be fixed. hati to slow (he rp walks around takes years to reach target and we miss out on kill command dmg) we miss alot of out direbeasts resets because there is only 1 charge. pets just randomly get stuck. 4 piece bonus in nighthold is trash.

bm has so much problem that needs to be fixed, and all blizzard gives a shit about is mm spec. hunters is supposed to have 3 fucking specs. but currently there is only 1

One key issue with BM now can be seen in Ornyx's language in this thread:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748844917

Originally Posted by Ornyx
    One of the primary issues I see being mentioned is the current state of Beast Mastery revolving around "only three buttons" when following guides from sites like Icy-Veins, so know that I've noted that in my feedback already.

I am interested to hear why less buttons impacts your engagement and enjoyment of the class overall, and what you see as the problem with any of those skills.
    Notice the deflection of blame here: the implication that downtime is bad based on perception alone (which is true, but that does not discredit the issue since you kind of want a spec to play enjoyably as well as perform well), as well as the implication that guides such as those from Icy Veins are at fault. You won't see many apologies from Blizzard these days because they mostly deflect blame to the players whenever they can.

Developers don't see a problem with downtime. This matches with Celestalon's comments during the beta that the downtime is intentional and highlights BM's role as a "focus-capped spec" as opposed to a "gcd-capped spec". There is a more general issue at Blizzard in general where they are largely apathetic to player complaints, usually believing that the players are just overreacting. This attitude surrounded the whole SV nerf debacle in 6.2: "oh, it won't be THAT bad. you're overreacting" (never mind the fact that it was indeed "that bad"). This is the design philosophy you are dealing with: developer-first, player-last.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonus79 View Post
    Dear All,

I have been thinking and reading what there is or isn't going on about BM hunters from the dev side and I have come to the conclusion that there is absolutely no talk at all happening between the BM community and Blizzard. All I read about is MM and SV. Do they think BM is fine both mechanical- as well as damage wise or what am I missing?

- Hati is running to mobs at snail speed
    - BM legendary Ring bugged from Legion release until now (this angers me badly!)
    - Dire beast proccs resetting CD of Dire Beast instead of giving us an extra dire beast
    - Target switching horror with craptastic pet pathing
    - BM T19 4 set bonus only working on currently summoned Dire Beasts
    - etc. etc.

This might sound like a whine thread and it probably is, but I would have posted this on the official forums as well but since I cannot do this from Europe and no one from the devs ever reads something outside the US forums, I thought I can just as well post it here..

What do you all think? Is BM fine, I know it isn't dmg wise but I can also see some very annyoing mechanical flaws that anger me.

Kindly looking forward to feedback on this topic. Thanks!
    Hati is actually the same speed as your main pet. The difference is your main pet has dash. Hati does benefit kill command charge though. So when you want to move him around make sure kill command is up. Also if you are switching to something that needs to die fast hold your dire beast since it will not have to travel and do a load of damage. It would be nice for hati to get a dash, but that wouldn't actually increase our damage by all that much. In my opinion stampede needs to be redesigned into something useful for cleaving spread targets and we need a bit of dps tuning. There's a lot of other little things that could be changed too, some of which you mentioned.

Deleted
    More mm news and 0 for the rest of us.

Sure I'd really like some fixes for the bm issues, but it would be a really good start of they'd flat out tell us on which issues they agree with us and on which not. It's hard to argue with silence ...

I'm just waiting for the legendary that makes Hati run faster, wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonus79 View Post
    I agree, and if they want each class (except DH) to have 3 specs, it is only fair to at least expect them to be more or less on par in regards to effort put in.. and to me it doesn't seem to be that at all..
    It's been a known fact that Blizzard wants ppl to play certain specs while completely ignoring other specs. Their comment they made about Demo locks gave that away.

Quote Originally Posted by cmlights View Post
    what are you talking about? bm needs fixing now, way more then mm. mm is already played by most hunters, they need to fix bm and survival so all 3 are viable choices. at least they are trying to fix survival. bm on the other hand is basically ignored. all the problems are still being ignored. feedback since alpha and beta are being ignored. bm has a bunch of broken shit that need to be fixed. hati to slow (he rp walks around takes years to reach target and we miss out on kill command dmg) we miss alot of out direbeasts resets because there is only 1 charge. pets just randomly get stuck. 4 piece bonus in nighthold is trash.

bm has so much problem that needs to be fixed, and all blizzard gives a shit about is mm spec. hunters is supposed to have 3 fucking specs. but currently there is only 1
    i play BM full time, I dont see anything that needs immediate fixes. What you are describing here is minor.

i play BM full time, I dont see anything that needs immediate fixes. What you are describing here is minor.

BM is fine in specific situations and encounters, but that's where it ends. The main issue with BM comes from encounters like Odyn where your pets are required to move a pretty good distance to get to the target. (For BM, anytime your pet is not on a target = a huge DPS lose) Also, ST dps for BM is not on par with the majority of classes of the same gear level/items, and this is more profound the longer the fight goes (BM does have some good burst on ST, but that's where it ends. Longer the fight worse off BM becomes) Oh, and the spread targets are going to favor more so the dot classes/MM hunters ect who have more of a wide-spread cleave where as BM needs lots of adds to be bunched up together just to compete

Btw, I play BM full time too.
    Last edited by jibberbox85; 2016-12-11 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    BM is fine in certain situations and encounters, but that's where it ends. The main issue with BM comes from encounters like Odyn where your pets are required to move a pretty good distance to get to the target. (For BM, anytime your pet is not on a target = a huge DPS lose) Also, ST dps for BM is not on par with the majority of classes of the same gear level/items and this is more profound the longer the fight goes (BM does have some good burst on ST, but that's where it ends. Longer the fight worse off BM becomes) Oh and the spread targets are going to favor more so the dot classes/MM hunters ect who have more of a wide-spread cleave where as BM needs the lots of adds to be bunched up just to compete

Btw, I play BM full time too.
    What you are describing, Odyns fight, is intentional. Its a trade off for your mobility.

ST damage is OK, but can and will be getting tuning.

Spread targets thats fine.

Super high priority changes:
    Pathing and Hatis speed.
    Two Charges to Dire Beast.

High Prio Changes:
    Titans Thunder and 4xT bonuse effecting new pets as well.
    Surge changed to 3.5sec ICD 100% proc instead of the inconsistent thing it is now.

Would like to see:
    Beast Cleave turned on and off like blade flurry, multishot just feels dumb.
    Mark of Hati: 3sec cd off the GCD. Hati will attack the marked target until it dies. If no target is maked, Hati will mark the target you are targeting.

Mark of the Beast: Same like mark of Hati but for your normal pet.

Twist: Hati deals damage like a normal pet but his damage is cut by 66% if attacking something marked by Mark of the beast.

What you are describing, Odyns fight, is intentional. Its a trade off for your mobility.

ST damage is OK, but can and will be getting tuning.

Spread targets thats fine.

Not really. It shows how much BM depends on the pets to be on their target at all times. This is a pretty huge issue with lots of fights, and only the best geared BM hunters with 24+ traits can compete (However, they're still not close to some/most other classes with lesser gear, and plenty of mobility) Most classes can move just fine, and still keep up their rotation with maximum (or close) dps.
    Last edited by jibberbox85; 2016-12-11 at 08:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    Ion has mentioned that they wanted to make sure that the spec most players invested a lot of time/ap into didn't seem to under-powered compared to their counterparts (In this case BM, Surv, MM) So, with that in mind, I only see Blizzard trying work out a few kinks like mentioned from the poster I quoted while keeping MM on top throughout Legion.
    Well with raiise of AP earn that isnt a problem anymore.The main problem is that BM is complete movement free spec (except pets pathing) so you cant put him on top on MM`s.Personally i think that SVV should be slight ahead of MM because its melee and there is alot of competition over there