Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Maybe ignoring your crazies is part of the problem. Instead of giving them a mic to scream and pout you should take it away.
    Hahahahahahahahaha. Do Rush Limbaugh and Alex Jones ring a bell? Glen Beck? Nobody has a longer history of being given a mic to scream and pout than the radical right.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Question for the OP: If it was found that there was a large scale interference by the Russians to the tune of rigging polling machines, what do you think should happen?
    Hadn't really thought about it to be honest. We were presented with two shit bags so the end result for me was the same either way.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Not going to make the mistake of saying "this is what Democrats think" - far to much of a blanketed statement. So I am curious, the registered Democrats that do post here, how does this thread and its responses make you feel? (not THIS thread, the thread on DU)
    I am a liberal, though I am not a registered member of any party. I voted for Bernie in the primary and Clinton in the election, if that's important. What do I think? A few things.

1. There is no evidence that I have seen that says anything material that we don't already know. Regardless of whether or not Trump or his supporters want to admit it, we've known for a while that Russia was interfering in our election and that that interference was completely one-sided. The only new information I've seen to date is that they apparently also hacked the RNC but did not release any of that material, which gives further credence to the fact that it was meant to help Trump instead of merely undermine US democracy.

What does that mean? It means voters should have already factored this into their decision making. If they didn't, well, too bad. You don't get a do-over for not paying enough attention the first time.

2. Even if strong evidence emerges that the Russians legitimately interfered in our election--meaning for example that they hacked voting machines or something like that and not merely that they put out one-sided information--there is no provision that I am aware of under federal or state law to declare a new election. If such evidence came out in the next few days, there are a couple of mechanisms at the Electoral College that could deny Trump the presidency, but even that doesn't get you a new election. I would not support that outcome, nor would I support a new election. We absolutely need to deal with these issues and we should have a Constitutional means of nullifying an election, but I have no interest in creating a Constitutional crisis or of disenfranchising huge swaths of the voting public by trying to pretend such mechanisms exist where they don't.

3. No to martial law, no to threats of violence. Idiotic.

4. I fully support getting whatever we know about this out there. (I wouldn't go so far as to say "even at the risk of compromising sources and methods." Without knowing what they are, I can't say whether or not I would compromise them.) I believe a foreign power interfering in our elections and hacking our political parties and possibly areas of our government is a very serious matter that needs to be taken seriously, regardless of whether or not we happen to like the outcome of the election or the person whom they were meddling for. Unfortunately it's almost a foregone conclusion that people will refuse to take it seriously because it has become a political issue, even though it won't--and shouldn't--change a damn thing about the election results.

A second question, how do you feel about this website/community (Democratic Underground) in general?
    Don't believe I've ever read any of their stuff.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    They deliberately go looking for things to be upset by.
    They get triggered very easily.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Maybe ignoring your crazies is part of the problem. Instead of giving them a mic to scream and pout you should take it away.
    What are you talking about? your crazies have the President's ear and are in the white house.

How low would the Dow go?

As someone who voted for Hilary, if there were to be a second election I'd vote Trump instead of Hillary.

I don't quite see the truth as "outside swaying of elections" The wiki leaks really only showed that the DNC purposefully screwed Bernie. So the truth getting out swayed an election and is considered hacking? If the truth wasn't shown the people would just think things were kosher that weren't they would have voted a lie. Good that it was aired out. I don't see that as " hacking that swayed an election." I'm a fan of the truth , we should get more of it.

Not going to make the mistake of saying "this is what Democrats think" - far to much of a blanketed statement. So I am curious, the registered Democrats that do post here, how does this thread and its responses make you feel? (not THIS thread, the thread on DU)

A second question, how do you feel about this website/community (Democratic Underground) in general?
    I think you care more about it than registered democrats do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Question for the OP: If it was found that there was a large scale interference by the Russians to the tune of rigging polling machines, what do you think should happen?

- - - Updated - - -
    The issue is not that the Russians hacked into the polling machines ( no evidence of that ), but rather they hacked into the democratic emails which were used to influence the voters. Even that is a assumption and personally I think it had a extremely low bearing on why Trump won.

If they find evidence the voting system itself was hacked and altered, then they should nullify this one and hold another. I think the results would be the same however and it appears some democrats have not learned why they lost in the key swing states.

So, to be clear, Democratic Underground explicitly advocated the sitting President refusing the peaceful transition of power, overthrowing the Constitutional system of government, and declaring dictatorship.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    ..... The only way to purify it is total dismemberment of the body, or by fire, or live burial.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2016-12-11 at 05:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    It doesn't matter what her reason was, she was on the ballot and she is entitled to a recount. She doesn't need to have a reason at all, although her stated reason was fair elections and a transparent democracy.
    why is she entitled to a recount? A judge just ruled, just being on the ballot does not entitle you to a recount. The judge said she has no resonable chance of winning via recount. Its a pointless endeavor that shes persuing for the democratic party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it count if I was a US citizen I would be a democrat?

If so, I think whatever the fuck was linked in OP to be complete idiocy. Trump won. Fairly/unfairly is up for debate, a lot of democrats want populate vote (obvious reasons), and Republicans want the keep the current system (very obvious reasons). As for now? Democrats pretty much have to suck it up and let the cookie crumble for the next 4 years. Thriving for change now would be just way to ugly since change just happened.

- - - Updated - - -

People unable to tell the difference between a grand conspiracy of getting 3 million illegals to vote, and Russians simply hacking polling machines. Rofl.

Hint: One is a logistical impossibility. The other isn't.
    lets say you have a state that registers you to vote when you get your driver's license . . . and lets say the state also issues driver's licenses to illegal immigrants . . . and is run by democrats

Now lets suppose that state also has millions of non-citizens who aren't particular averse to breaking the law, since their very presence in the country is against the law.

cough california cough

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilanth View Post
    How do you like voting and being represented by a con artist?
    I don't think Celista would ever vote for Trump. Since he is the only con artist in this election.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by evilhunter32 View Post
    Im sorry but no, voter fraud in the US is more pronounced in the democratic party than republicans and I dont see why people keep up the popular vote arguement. THE US HAS NEVER AND WILL NEVER BE A DEMOCRACY WE ARE A CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC
    Actually it isn't. The confirmed cases that happened this year, most of them were by Trump supporters because Trump told them they could vote twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xfloydex View Post
    According to many liberals wikileaks was a big nothing anyway so Russia tried to influence the results but failed.
    No. Gullible conservatives believed Wikileaks. People with working brains, didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    As someone who voted for Hilary, if there were to be a second election I'd vote Trump instead of Hillary.
    Even with his corrupt appointments he is making? That is literally pants on head retarded.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-12-12 at 03:22 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Source: Democratic Underground

Not a Democrat, much less a registered Democrat, but I find places like Democratic Underground to be about on par with Red State...full of the extremists that no one really wants to hang around.

Sigh, the right wing and their manufactured outrage again.

When will they learn not to link blogs and social media by whorus as "evidence" of "left-wing extremism"?

In the meantime, the right has 4-5 prominent and mainstream conspiracy/fake news sites, but they are surprisingly silent or supportive of them.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2016-12-11 at 09:51 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by vetinari View Post
    lets say you have a state that registers you to vote when you get your driver's license . . . and lets say the state also issues driver's licenses to illegal immigrants . . . and is run by democrats

Now lets suppose that state also has millions of non-citizens who aren't particular averse to breaking the law, since their very presence in the country is against the law.

cough california cough
    You know that the driver's licenses issued to non-citizens clearly state they are non-citizens, right?

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate Trump

But I'm not being a part of a violent revolution so long as there's any hope that democracy can work. So long as the Donald sticks to the Constitution, I can grudgingly wait until 2020 to have him removed, legally, and peacefully, as we do every 4 years.

- - - Updated - - -

If, and only if, you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Trump was somehow elected illegally, I'll support the nullification of his election.

But, as much as I'd love to see Angry Cheeto kicked out of office before he even gets to his inauguration, I see no reason to believe that he did not win fair and square. However, the whole Russian hacker thing does need to be investigated.
    Putin khuliyo