Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Trump supporters need safe spaces

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/08/us...tory.html?_r=0

Conservative students who voted for Mr. Trump say that even though their candidate won, their views are not respected. Some are adopting the language of the left, saying they need a “safe space” to express their opinions — a twist resented by left-leaning protesters.
    L
    O
    L
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Why would left-leaning protesters resent this?

They should find this absolutely hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    hilarious that the NY times is falling for such an obvious troll

Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    My first impression as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just laughing at this stupid bint who is apparently too dense to grasp why some people might be upset her darling won. Go figure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It really doesn't matter. Even if it were widespread, they'd just insist it's different when they do it because that's how people work.
    Only they can be aggrieved and persecuted minorities apparently.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Is there anything in this link that quotes the conservatives that said this? Or references a video where it was said? Or links a different site that has quotes or videos? Is there anything besides this one article?
    Last edited by spinner981; 2016-12-11 at 05:17 AM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    exactly... how stupid are they

and the liberals rejoicing is just more lols

It's going to be a glorious 8 years mining all the liberal salt and watching them fall for obvious trolls.

7+ Year Old Account
    Safe space is not a legitimate idea. Similar to how hate speech is not a legitimate idea. Everything is open for criticism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    It's going to be a glorious 8 years mining all the liberal salt and watching them fall for obvious trolls.
    It's amusing how 'obvious trolling' has become the right wing excuse for saying offensive or subversive things.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Safe space is not a legitimate idea. Similar to how hate speech is not a legitimate idea. Everything is open for criticism.
    Weren't you the guy saying Nazism should be engaged on its merits?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    It should be argued against instead of jailing and silencing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It's amusing how 'obvious trolling' has become the right wing excuse for saying offensive or subversive things.
    Their was an interview with one of these apparachiks for trump, liwendowski i think it was. Anyway they basically said they were shocked anyone including the media took them seriously.

Fun Fact this story is actually about trump supporters tears about people being rightfully upset over his election. Somehow it got turned around into liberal tears.
    The hammer comes down:

This is why you should take a page out of Palpatine's book and pretend to be one of the enemy around them (just minus the maniacal 'unlimited power'). Though of course, not everyone can pull it off. If you are one of those 'minorities' that are assumed to be left-leaning and democratic but the complete opposite in reality then it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Why would left-leaning protesters resent this?

They should find this absolutely hilarious.
    Because the left takes safe spaces deadly serious, and it puts them in a bind to have to conflict their desire to hurt conservatives with their promulgation of such spaces.

I think what we have learned from this election is that many of the "top" papers only feed their agenda and will do anything to attack trump

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    If you can't figure out how to explain to someone how Nazis are bad, you personally deserve the resurgence of Nazism. I don't even need to engage with the atrocities of the Holocaust to belittle the Hun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    If you can't figure out how to explain to someone how Nazis are bad, you personally deserve the resurgence of Nazism. I don't even need to engage with the atrocities of the Holocaust to belittle the Hun.
    Someone got offended regarding my thread on Nazi drug use, I don't even know where to begin with people who are that easily offended at any news that can be construed as criticisms of Nazis/Hitler.

It wasn't even a criticism, it was just discussing the fact that drug use was prevalent during the war. Are we now supposed to tiptoe around the subject of Hitler, lest someone gets offended?