Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post
    Those legendary nerfs hurt alot . I have the bracer/helm combo and my cds no longer line up, need to to wait 18 extra seconds for aspect to come off cd while BW,Crows,titans thunder are available. It ruins the entire playstlye for BM single target build bursting every 1 min. With my bracer/helm setup testing on ptr now...doing 30-40k less dps even with the 4% overall buff. I guess running leg belt would be a thing if I had it but who knows if they will be nerfing that as well since it's BIS. The class trinket maybe could be a thing but feels really awkward for BM. Why on earth would they nerf the aspect bracer when SV and BM are under performing.
    As i stated in another post, this illustrates blizzard do not even comprehend the game mechanics of there own game. Those bracers made BM very fluid and provide a lot of synergy between titan's thunder, aspect of the wild and dire beast. Not it will be clunky.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    They are nerfing legendaries and buffing the spec itself to compensate so we aren't relying solely on legendary RNG to make the spec viable. There was a blue post explaining it also.
    It changes nothing, all it does is give you less options. People will always seek out the legendary that provides the best dps boost. That particular legendary will still be required to be competitive for any spec. All these nerfs do is make acquiring that one legendary more RNG than ever.

In the case of the legendary bracer it's a 100% nerf for BM which has to be an oversight by Blizzard. Let me explain, for BM with the bracer equipped it's a dps loss to use AOTW on cd not paired with BW,AMOC,TT and it's also a dps loss to hold these cds to line up with new AOTW cd. Only option for best dps is to hold AOTW to it's natural 2 min cd, effectively nerfing the bracer for BM by 100%
    Last edited by zoned; 2016-12-15 at 09:35 PM.

It changes nothing, all it does is give you less options. People will always seek out the legendary that provides the best dps boost. That particular legendary will still be required to be competitive for any spec. All these nerfs do is make acquiring that one legendary more RNG than ever.
    Nerfing all DPS legendaries means that people without the DPS legendaries will be able to compete more easily. It means people with bad RNG won't be as far behind the people who have good RNG. Blizzard is actually solving the problem you're complaining about with their changes, you just don't realise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    As i stated in another post, this illustrates blizzard do not even comprehend the game mechanics of there own game. Those bracers made BM very fluid and provide a lot of synergy between titan's thunder, aspect of the wild and dire beast. Not it will be clunky.
    If a spec really is broken/doing low DPS then the solution is not to buff their legendaries since not everyone will have those legendaries. The spec itself should be buffed or fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post
    Nerfing all DPS legendaries means that people without the DPS legendaries will be able to compete more easily. It means people with bad RNG won't be as far behind the people who have good RNG. Blizzard is actually solving the problem you're complaining about with their changes, you just don't realise it.
    They did not nerf all dps legendaries and those they did nerf still increase dps enough to still be considered mandatory. So if this PTR build went live tomorrow nothing changes the system would still be broken.

I'm not arguing with your point of view, if anything I agree with you. Legendaries should not be required to be competitive. I only bring up the very specific case of the legendary bracer "Call of the Wild". This nerf was was obviously intended to be a SV nerf that unexpectedly made the bracer obsolete for BM. The bracer on PTR lost all effectiveness for BM as I explained in my previous post.
    Let me explain, for BM with the bracer equipped it's a dps loss to use AOTW on cd not paired with BW,AMOC,TT and it's also a dps loss to hold these cds to line up with new AOTW cd. Only option for best dps is to hold AOTW to it's natural 2 min cd, effectively nerfing the bracer for BM by 100%
    Last edited by zoned; 2016-12-15 at 10:17 PM.

Deleted
    No way the shoulders make it to live..

At this stage i feel like giving up on bm.. crap in arena due to constant nerfs.. now a patch which promised improvements is likely to result as a dps loss for a bad to average spec

Deleted
    Not a single BM PVP nerf in 715? What's the nerf you're moaning about?
    If you want to quit, then quit. Plenty of "OP" classes and specs that have "no problems" what so ever.

You can pick any class forum, and go read there, and they will present it as the class isnt functional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    Not a single BM PVP nerf in 715? What's the nerf you're moaning about?
    If you want to quit, then quit. Plenty of "OP" classes and specs that have "no problems" what so ever.

You can pick any class forum, and go read there, and they will present it as the class isnt functional.
    How about you learn to read?

Bm went from having pretty good burst in pvp.. then got nerfed two times by 10% of agi

Now on live it has sub par burst and no utility

As much as Survival gets shitted on at least its good in pvp.. BM is average at best for raiding and poor for arena

Deleted
    Cool cya, quit already.

Deleted
    Well i just this morning got the BM belt ( yay me ) so i actually have 3 out of our top 4 legendary items. Anyone know with the nerf to the wrists if the boots will become better in 7.1.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post

If a spec really is broken/doing low DPS then the solution is not to buff their legendaries since not everyone will have those legendaries. The spec itself should be buffed or fixed.
    100% agree but this is D3..wait i mean wow...specs are balanced around those legendaries.

Currently tempting the idea to scrap my BM and invest everything into MM for mythic Nighthold.

Is this reasonable with what we know?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brost View Post
    Currently tempting the idea to scrap my BM and invest everything into MM for mythic Nighthold.

Is this reasonable with what we know?
    If you listen to the MM junkies for months then according to them you should have already or you are holding back your raid and your loved ones.

Nighthold is a pretty good raid for BM so if you are mostly happy with how competitive you are now you'll probably be the same in Nighthold or slightly better.

Both your BM and MM specs should be 35+ by Nighthold release anyway so outside of legendary luck it shouldn't be a big issue switching if the need comes.

I mean, if you were playing BM over MM already, then its probably because you didn't like how MM was playing. BM will perform at the same level as it is now. Fine for 5 mans, fine for raids unless you are at an elite level.

I would wonder why this would even really be a question for you.

Adaptation was a something I always took as a talent, now I need a legendary to have it back.

BW used to reduce focus of abilities, now I need a legendary to have it back.

It is annoying when they take something you could do for a while then lock it behind legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Huanak View Post
    2 charge of dire beast is bad idea. Because the new rotation will require saving 2 charge for BW which lead to more boring rotation.
    I have a fully geared hunter on the PTR and I think this will not be an issue. I may be wrong but my experience was that I did more damage by spending them immediately. The downtime of bestial wrath with the 4 set and the shoulders is very minimal. It only takes about 1 direbeast to reset it after it goes down. If you use one with the pack you can at times literally chain bestial wrath back to back with a bit of luck.

So I don't think this will be a problem. And the down time is very minimal. If you use the legendary boots you literally have no downtime at all. However, I think the belt is better if you can drop dire stable in favor of way of the cobra for more damage, even while using killer cobra. Killer cobra may be unnecessary with the boots and one with the pack.

Are they really not fixing or even acknowledging the fact that Hati is a slow, broken, buggy AI pet ???