Thread: Mobile Version

Mobile Version

Sup peoples, is the mobile version of the game worth trying? I don't get to play on my pc too often due to work but would love to be able to play on my mobile if it's decent during breaks etc... So how is it??

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Sup peoples, is the mobile version of the game worth trying? I don't get to play on my pc too often due to work but would love to be able to play on my mobile if it's decent during breaks etc... So how is it??
    It's exactly the same game, you just tap instead of clicking.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Just keep in mind that with the mobile version you get the typical slower downloading of patches/updates that pcs and laptops don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Just keep in mind that with the mobile version you get the typical slower downloading of patches/updates that pcs and laptops don't get.
    I don't mind that, I'll have to wait until I get a new phone as this HTC is absolute garbage, couldn't even load Pokémon GO, so i'll wait until Feb and i'll grab the new Galaxy and run with that hopefully.. cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    The mobile version is solid. A lot more compacted, of course but solid nevertheless.

I barely play HS on my desktop and do the bulk of HS gaming on my phone/tablet.

also on this subject.

If you suffer from Internet that drops out or lags, the mobile version seems to be better at handling this.

Not really sure why but take it from someone whos Internet is useless between 4:00pm and 7:30pm each night, my client on 2 separate PC running two separate OS's has major lag spikes / disconnects, but my mobile phone will sometimes just stutter.

Quote Originally Posted by rykon1459918 View Post
    also on this subject.

If you suffer from Internet that drops out or lags, the mobile version seems to be better at handling this.

Not really sure why but take it from someone whos Internet is useless between 4:00pm and 7:30pm each night, my client on 2 separate PC running two separate OS's has major lag spikes / disconnects, but my mobile phone will sometimes just stutter.
    Why is your internet useless 4-7:30 PM?

But yeah, I think it's really easy to close the HS and reboot it if something goes wrong on your phone. On PC it's like "oh great, lemme sit here and wait for it to lag. Not only that, lemme get to deal with Blizzard's fucking launcher again."

------

My own thoughts is that mobile is great to launch up the game quickly and to play easily and casually. I play on phone mostly but used to play on Kindle.

The only thing you really really miss is deck tracker. Not only to track opponent's cards, but I guess, subconsciously, I pay less attention to my phone compared to my computer monitor so I just don't pay that close attention to what's going on in the game to track stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Why is your internet useless 4-7:30 PM?

But yeah, I think it's really easy to close the HS and reboot it if something goes wrong on your phone. On PC it's like "oh great, lemme sit here and wait for it to lag. Not only that, lemme get to deal with Blizzard's fucking launcher again."

------

My own thoughts is that mobile is great to launch up the game quickly and to play easily and casually. I play on phone mostly but used to play on Kindle.

The only thing you really really miss is deck tracker. Not only to track opponent's cards, but I guess, subconsciously, I pay less attention to my phone compared to my computer monitor so I just don't pay that close attention to what's going on in the game to track stuff.
    OT:
    My Internet is useless because I have no land-line of any sort (fiber or copper), a dispute between local council and NBN co (Australia's Fiber provider for the country) over the communication pits near by house means nobody has it on my street, as such I have to resort in tethering my phone (4g) to my PC to use any Internet however during those hours everyone is arriving home and the area is over subscribed to the tower, so I get constant drops between the 4g and 3g networks as the tower nearest my area limits the range of the 4g data to keep phone calls at top priority (dropping cellular data) a common practice in my area.

ON topic:
    Deck tracking is pretty much the only reason I still play on desktops at all, its a great way to learn your deck and plan out your available plays based on what you know is left rather then just guessing.