The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Set dungeons and you!

So... I just made several attempts at the Vyr set dungeon on my wizard and suffice to say - it didn't go so well. Very easily being killed. I had an Ancient helm and gloves before, but in the attempt to get 6 piece, I had to opt away from those, unfortunately. I'm wondering if I just need some better overall gear before I can go do the set dungeon? I watched some videos on YouTube and frankly, people are just breezing through it ezpz mode, so obviously I think I'm a bit weak... Do we know what the average difficulty is equivalent to? Maybe Torment X or something?

Thanks! Here's my character:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/D.../hero/82599983
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I haven't played D3 since set dungeons came out so it's possible I may be way off, but I think I can provide some gear/skill advice anyway... well, I'm not sure about the last paragraph, but I think the first three points are definite.

Firstly, your "set" isn't complete. You need Chantodo's Will (wand) and Fazula's Improbable Chain (belt) to get all the huge Archon bonuses.

With Vyr's, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to spend like 90+% of the time in Archon. Since Archon replaces your skill bar, a few of your skills should be buffs which still benefit you while in Archon. Things like Magic Weapon, Ice Armor/Energy Armor, and Familiar.

While playing solo, one of the largest survivability increases you can get is to equip a Follower with the relic that makes them invincible, and equip both yourself and them with a Unity ring which splits damage between all wearers. They take no damage so you don't get hurt when they get hit, and half of the damage you take is split to them which they don't take, so simply, this setup halves all damage you take, with no drawbacks other than taking up a ring slot/power.

Since I don't actually have experience playing Vyr's, I don't know if Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac as a cubed power is useful for a Vyr's wizard; I believe you want to minimize Archon's downtime, but I don't know if you need this ring for that. I imagine that this ring isn't the best for Archon and you may be better off getting normal cooldown reduction items, since Archon doesn't have resource-spending attacks and thus doesn't trigger the ring.
    But nevertheless, a tip for that ring: whenever it triggers, it reduces the cooldown of one of your skills that are on cooldown. To maximize this benefit, you should only have one skill on cooldown at any time. If for example you trigger it 6 times in 3 seconds, it means much more if one skill is shortened by 6 seconds, rather than 3 skills each being shortened by an average of 2 seconds. So it's not being used to the best effect if you're running Archon, Diamond Skin and Black Hole, or any other skill set that has multiple cooldowns.
    Last edited by Shaiandra; 2016-12-12 at 05:42 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think another tip you could try is to see what kind of damage the monsters in your specific set dungeon is dishing out.

Some set dungeon 100% completion requirements is to avoid a certain kind of damage type. If you are able to get your hands on those amulets that give you immunity that specific damage type (poison, fire, cold, etc) then you are making that dungeon so much easier.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am I at leave to call bullshit?

Look at my damned time. =|
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Look at my damned time. =|
    Haha awww man that sucks, you must have been out by like 100th of a second of something...

Anyone know where the Invoker set dungeon is?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30