HealTrace and VuhDo?

I'm looking for something to track who is being healed by my Healing Rain and Chain Heal, both to better use my talents, and to better learn when i'm hitting all targets and when i'm failing to do so.

Since they disabled the cluster, healing as a Shaman in a "for fun" core has being really unfun. People don't stack, and etc... Yes it does not matter, we kill stuff in NM and HC anyway, it is not mythic raiding, i'm a retired mythic raider just playing with some IRL friends, but old habits die hard, and i'm really bothered when i'm not playing my class well, and i always strive to be a better player, even now that we are doing just IRL friends raid.

Anyway, i have seen that Grid has this feature, but i use vuhdo for so many yrs now... No one knows if there is a way to track those heals in VuhDo?

Wish we could have Clusterfinder, and position arrow back... but alas i need to go with what i can have. If there is no way to track heals in VuhDo this will be the last blow on the addon for me, and i will change it. Losing the arrow and the cluster finder removed the two best features of the addon, now it lacking a good one that others have makes it... bad.

No one knows? =/

Seems like i will be forced to go back to Grid. (I used it... on TBC...)

I know this guide is quiet old but it was always a good tutorial for setting up vuhdo and finding settings.

http://vuhdoguide.blogspot.de/2011/0...lkthrough.html
    When I understand you correctly, you're looking for AOE Advice. To be honest I don't know if it had any changes due to the player position API changes made by blizz in 7.1 tho :X

Quote Originally Posted by miDnight77 View Post
    I know this guide is quiet old but it was always a good tutorial for setting up vuhdo and finding settings.

http://vuhdoguide.blogspot.de/2011/0...lkthrough.html
    When I understand you correctly, you're looking for AOE Advice. To be honest I don't know if it had any changes due to the player position API changes made by blizz in 7.1 tho :X
    AOE Advice and ClusterFinder does not work anymore. =/

So the only thing that can help with AOE, is a way to know who is being healed, so that you can gradually learn the pattern of your raid and each fight and know the better places and targets to heal.

That is why i wanted a HealTrace feature on VuhDo

You can set up a custom bouqet in vuhDo to see who is gaining the "buff" from standing in your healing rain. I have something similar setup to see who is within range of my paladin auras to see who is being effected by them.

As for chain heal I'm not sure if you are able to do the same with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yurimeta View Post
    You can set up a custom bouqet in vuhDo to see who is gaining the "buff" from standing in your healing rain. I have something similar setup to see who is within range of my paladin auras to see who is being effected by them.

As for chain heal I'm not sure if you are able to do the same with this.
    Sadly, healing rain gives no buff, only the shaman that casted it receives a buff showing that it is on the ground. =/

- - - Updated - - -

Another related question, does anyone knows if it is possible to show my current range from each raid member on the VuhDo frame?

Maybe a color that changes based on range... I know it can show you, in range of spell or out of range of spell, but what about other range values, like if the person is in range to link chain heal with me, for example?

I tried setting a flag to that, but it seems to not be working...
    Does blizzard disabled any way to see the range from other players too, not just the position?

In case anyone else is interested in this functionality I wanted to call out that I've added a 'spell trace' feature in the latest alpha build of VuhDo.

Please try it out and provide feedback. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thank you elmoe420 for this nice tool!

It works quite well, considering that's actually the only way to track this Heal, since there is no Buff on other Players standing in Healing Rain, Effloressence etc.

I've an issue tracking only the Healing Rain Heals. In the Spell Trace section I created a Healing Rain option and selected it afterwards. Then I assigned a Bouqet to the "inner" indicator.

It works, so I can track Healing Rain. BUT when I'm casting Chain Heal however the indicator become active too. So it's trigger by Healing Rain and Chain Heal.
    I deleted the Chain Heal option in the Spell Trace section, to make sure it doesn't trigger, but it still does.

Do you have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamross View Post
    Do you have any suggestions?
    Please file a new ticket on the VuhDo project page over on CurseForge: https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/vuhdo/issues/create

Be sure to paste into the ticket the output of running the following commands in game:

/dump VUHDO_CONFIG["SPELL_TRACE"]
    /dump VUHDO_ACTIVE_TRACE_SPELLS

Thanks!

I personally prefer VuhDo, I'm pretty sure there should be a way to add the "spell trace" function.

Again big thanks to elmoe420 for his support so we could solve the issue!

For everyone else who got the same issue klick the link elmoe420 posted above from curseforge.
    Go to issues, search for the closed issue "#863 Spell Trace traces Healing Rain and Chain Heal" and follow the instructions.
    (actually i'm not allowed to post hyperlinks)

Velsuz: The Spell Trace function is already added, but in my case it doesn't work as intended.