Lightbulb The reason behind DH's two specs (including spoilers about Illidan's fate)

So, I've been thinking lately - maybe there's a reason,why the DH have two specs - maybe it's connected with Illidan's destiny?
    If you have read the Illidan's novel,you know,that X'era has foreseen him a fate as the championg of the light,so maybe the third spec is currently locked and will become available in time - you know,when Illidan becomes a wielder of the the light, the Illidari would follow his lead and later could let you choose - to wield the fel or the light. Well,this is only speculation,share your thoughts!

P.S - before somebody starts screaming about the spoiler tag in title - yes,I better write it in,than listen to the shitstorm from those,who haven't read the novel or did Illidan's quest chain.

Illidan was born with this prophecy becoming of him. Demon Hunter JoeSchmoe is still just any other demon hunter. While they could probably pick up the light, Illidan was born with it.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    So, I've been thinking lately - maybe there's a reason,why the DH have two specs - maybe it's connected with Illidan's destiny?
    If you have read the Illidan's novel,you know,that X'era has foreseen him a fate as the championg of the light,so maybe the third spec is currently locked and will become available in time - you know,when Illidan becomes a wielder of the the light, the Illidari would follow his lead and later could let you choose - to wield the fel or the light. Well,this is only speculation,share your thoughts!

P.S - before somebody starts screaming about the spoiler tag in title - yes,I better write it in,than listen to the shitstorm from those,who haven't read the novel or did Illidan's quest chain.
    there's no third spec because there wont be a ranged spec and I'm sure the devs aren't going to make a 2nd melee spec.
    It aint that deep, fam.

They already have enough problems with pure dps classes with 3 specs to make another one.
    Its been years to give hunter and rogue diferent specs that feel different, i think they learned that less is more.

They simply said making 3 specs for all classes was stupid in the first place (thought mostly about Hunters/Rogues i guess), so with this in mind they didn't try to constrain themselves into making a 3rd spec when it does not make sense. If Illidan will be some kind of light-wielder he just simply stops being a conventional Demon Hunter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koloss View Post
    They simply said making 3 specs for all classes was stupid in the first place
    And I am very much ready to believe some folks can be retarded enough to actually buy this bullshit. Are you too? Do you have what it takes?

(thought mostly about Hunters/Rogues i guess),
    I do believe it's the rogues and rogues only. Not because there's something inherently wrong with the number 3, but because Blizz never had that much of an idea about interesting rogue class. There could have been swashbuckler tank and dual-pistol-wielding highwayman from the start, but Blizzard is not NCSoft, so they only whipped up enough mojo for three virtually identical melee damage dealers. Hunter specs had easily distinguishable flavours at least since LK: BM for heavy pet focus, SV for dots and the stongest magical tinge, MM with the whole sniper shtick. They actually were not too bad, except maybe in the eyes of some bliztards and non-employed snowflakes.

so with this in mind they didn't try to constrain themselves into making a 3rd spec when it does not make sense. If Illidan will be some kind of light-wielder he just simply stops being a conventional Demon Hunter.
    Actually agreed here. Indeed, demon hunter is a fel wielding combatant focussed on, surprise! killing demons with their own arsenal, mostly melee.

Just because we will be chamion of the light does not mean it will use the light.
    Illidan is a demon now, he will not use light, he will use fel to destroy fel and bright a end to the burning legion!
    I think it would ruin Illidan if they would do it different. He still needs to be the guy that is grey for the greater good!

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Just because we will be chamion of the light does not mean it will use the light.
    Illidan is a demon now, he will not use light, he will use fel to destroy fel and bright a end to the burning legion!
    I think it would ruin Illidan if they would do it different. He still needs to be the guy that is grey for the greater good!
    Well,in his novel's prophecy,he is described as a champion of light,wielding light infused warglaives.

Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    Illidan was born with it.
    Maybe it's Maybelline.
    Last edited by ItachiZaku; 2016-12-12 at 12:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

7+ Year Old Account
    Well,in his novel's prophecy,he is described as a champion of light,wielding light infused warglaives.
    ok so... you do know the naaru was showing him this vision... this was the naarus view of it, not what is actually going to happen, illidan would not do it this way, he may lead the champions of light but he will not be all glowy in shit( hopefully) this is its perfect view of what is to come

also the reason they dont have 3 specs has been said, demon hunters really arnt that diverse lore wise, they are bassicly rogues empowered with fel energy (not exactly but thats how their lore style fits) they are fast, agile, skillful fighters, using fel magics and demonic energies to empower themselves, its even abit streching to get 2 specs out of it

no they cant have a spell caster spec, because they arnt casters, and never have been, the only reason illidan can do any is because he was one of the best mages in history before he became a demon hunters

no they will not become ranged "demon hunters" because thats stupid and just... omfg... we dont need more diablo

and no they will not get a healing or whatever light spec, because that was simply its vision of it, when you dream of your dream women she looks like how you like your women, maybe black hair, nice rear, whatever, but someone elses dream women will look different (or dream man whateves) to the naaru their champion of the light will be a being of light of hope, but illidan? nah fuck that he will be the champion of light, but he will do it in his own way, he doesent need to light, hes got his style of doing shit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Maybe it's Mabelline.
    ok that made me laugh way more then it should have, specially with your profile
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account

It could happend. I really feel like the game is missing some light-based characters outside the classic prist/paladin. Would be quite happy, if Demon Hunters could get a spec, which used holy light as a weapen...Like a blade wielding inquisitor.

Again, it could also work within the lore, since you have the holy dreadlords, so i would welcome this idea.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    That will be a neat twist, the demon hunters have to unlock the third spec through order hall campaing. Not bad implementation. Maybe in the next patch all the demon hunters will start with that spec.

Deleted
    Although I doubt they would add a new spec mid expansion or they'd bother with Demon Hunters in the next expansion, Legion is full of surprises so you never know.
    The Army of Light is actually a thing, so why not?

I'd play it. I love Demon Hunters, I love Illidan and I miss my paladin's holy spells. Even as a graphical update, I'd try it.
    But does it make sense? Not that much I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    there's no third spec because there wont be a ranged spec and I'm sure the devs aren't going to make a 2nd melee spec.
    It aint that deep, fam.
    While I agree with you, the theory OP got made me wonder
    Like rogues have 3 melee dps specs, why can't DH have 1 tank spec and 2 melee ?

But.. I remember Blizzard answered that some time ago, something like they wouldn't force a third spec as it wouldn't make much sense.
    However the "light" spec sounds pretty cool but if it was planned already I bet it would have been leaked somewhere