Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Mythic+ 20 Darkheart Thicket, Volunteer Guard Day, Blue Tweets, DLC #563

New PTR Patch Notes - 2.4.3.42336

Popular Decks of the Week for December 11

Mythic+ 20 Darkheart Thicket
    Members of Serenity completed a Mythic+ 20 Darkheart Thicket run within the time limit! Congratulations to them.

Patch 7.1.5 - Volunteer Guard Day
    Volunteer Guard Day allows you to help defend your faction's city and take on the appearance of a guard.

• Approach any guard in your faction's city and /salute them
      • Alliance: Stormwind, Ironforge, Darnassus, The Exodar, Stormshield
      • Horde: Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, Undercity, Silvermoon, or Warspear
    • You will take on the appearance of the guard you interacted with, along with a 24H Volunteer City Guard buff.
    • While you have the buff, City Invaders will spawn when you are in town and attack you. Defeat them to increase your kill count.
    • Killing 10 attackers adds the "Defender of X" to your buff, 50 for "Heroic Defender", and 250 for "Mythic Defender". This doesn't appear to have any actual effect.
    • This buff persists through death and changing of zones, but will be lost when entering an instance.
    • You can get the buff back again by saluting a guard. Losing the buff will not reset your kill counter.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvP
    probably a silly question. But will my honor talents reset at the end of season? Will I have to grind them again?
    Honor talents will not be reset. There will, however, be new Prestige levels to earn! (WarcraftDevs)

Are the Prestige PvP mounts going away with the season?
    Nope! The current Prestige mounts will still be obtainable in Season 2. (WarcraftDevs)

Someone said that in PvP only the first 34 weap ranks unlocked count, not the bonus ranks but don't see that in blue post? T or F?
    This is correct. Ranks 35+ do not apply in PvP instances. (WarcraftDevs)

When you switch factions, is it 50 wins in the bracket you want the title in or 50 wins in either 2v2 3v3 or RBGs
    50 wins in the specific bracket. (WarcraftDevs)

Will your current prestige rank reset, or will you just continue prestiging the new levels?
    Prestige ranks will not reset. If you're already at max Prestige, you'll be able to immediately move on to the new ranks. (WarcraftDevs)

Lore
    Can Fel Magic be used to Heal as well as Corrupt? Like Shivarra Priestesses who Heal?
    definitely. If your a fel based creature. Otherwise it's going to leave a mark. (Alex_Afrasiabi)

Death Knights: what makes you feel like a DK? Do you consider yourself kind of evil? Would you raise a soul against its will? (Muffinus)

Priests: how does shadow fit in with the Light for you? Are shadow priests corrupted? What IS discipline? (Muffinus)

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    How do you think players should provide feedback on games that’s useful for developers? Do you find player change suggestions useful, or should they focus more on explaining their problems instead?
    So there is this (somewhat insulting) maxim that gets floated around that players are supposedly great at identifying problems and terrible at suggesting solutions. I don’t like repeating it, because it has this unhelpful implication that players are stupid.

Players aren’t stupid. They just don’t know the whole code base. I don’t know the whole code base. The tech director probably doesn’t know the whole code base.

Usually, the actual issue is that in software development, it’s often really hard for people not intimately familiar with a specific part of the code to predict how easy or hard an idea will be to implement. You get better at it of course, but I’ve been doing this for almost 20 years now, and I still get surprised when solution X takes 4 months to implement and nearly-identical solution Y takes 10 minutes.

Players are about as far removed from the code base as one can be, so often the solutions they come up with aren’t feasible, sometimes for very pedantic reasons.

There are other reasons the suggestion won’t work. Maybe it just feels wildly inconsistent to the rest of the game. Maybe it would cause a lot of bugs. Maybe it would be easy to exploit. Maybe it would cause weird player behavior.

So, yes, strictly speaking if you want to be as efficient as possible in your feedback, focus on explaining the problem. State the problem very clearly. Don’t assume the reader, even a dev, understands your shorthand. You might end up talking about two totally different things. Then state the consequences for the problem. That’s it. Suggestions on how to fix it are probably most useful as a way for us to reverse engineer what the specific problem is, but again, it’s more efficient just to state that clearly in the first place.

As an aside, I’ll risk making another sweeping generalization here and opine that player feedback is nearly always too long. There must be this other maxim somewhere that the length of a post is somehow proportional to the strength of the post, but that’s just not true in my experience. Players love bullets. Posts with lots of bullets get upvoted, as if the writer must certainly be an authority on a topic if they can come up with so many things that are busted or so many reasons why something being busted is bad. But longer isn’t automatically better. Longer is automatically less efficient however. You are probably burying your good stuff in a sea of words.

We are busy. You don’t want to make us digest a wall of text just to distill out the really critical information. You want to write like Hemingway: use just enough words to get your point across, and no more. (Source)

Dark Legacy Comics #563
    DLC #563 has been released!

10+ Year Old Account
    /salute

I'm really enjoying these Micro Holidays so far. Good small distraction. More please!

Grats on +20 ...

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on +20

Yes! Pally tank

That should finally shut a couple of people up saying pally isn't viable for anything past Myth +5...

Thank you! And hat off for the +20 INSIDE time limit, I bow to you, kind sirs.
    Last edited by k1p57a; 2016-12-12 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Spelling

Frag needs to fix the video. World 2nd +20 clear within time limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Blownload View Post
    Frag needs to fix the video. World 2nd +20 clear within time limit.
    Afaik there hasn't been any +20 kill within time limit before theirs. There was only one +20 which was made before them but it took 70 minutes.
    If this is meant as joke then my apologies :P

Quote Originally Posted by sirethas View Post
    Afaik there hasn't been any +20 kill within time limit before theirs. There was only one +20 which was made before them but it took 70 minutes.
    If this is meant as joke then my apologies :P

WoW China site has a +20 clear within time limit that shows the clear on the 9th.

https://www.wowchina.com/zh-cn/game/...of-the-wardens

Quote Originally Posted by Blownload View Post
    WoW China site has a +20 clear within time limit that shows the clear on the 9th.

https://www.wowchina.com/zh-cn/game/...of-the-wardens
    no one cares about china as they get 2 lockout and +8 ilvl. world first is eu and na

Asians don't count. For every skilled rest-of-the-world player there's a 6-year old Asian somewhere that can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    no one cares about china as they get 2 lockout and +8 ilvl. world first is eu and na
    That hasn't existed since MoP

I didn't even know there was a +20 version, I though it only went up to 15 lol. So how high up can a Mythic+ go? Or is there no limit as long as you level your keystone?

Grats.. But damn that video was annoying to watch!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by k1p57a View Post
    Yes! Pally tank

That should finally shut a couple of people up saying pally isn't viable for anything past Myth +5...

Thank you! And hat off for the +20 INSIDE time limit, I bow to you, kind sirs.
    With their perfect setup, 890+++ gear and 2x lvl 44 / 2x lvl 40 artifact weapon they're more than ready to take on +20.

demon hunters exploiting snapshotting mastery to get crazy burst, nothing new. not salty, but back in cata and mop they stopped people from doing this, and now its allowed again? not very consistent

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn sooon dat 20+ DHT. :O

Gratz, that is pretty impressive and completing it within the time.

You guys should now try a HoV +20

Mythic 20 oO

Whats the reward for that?

I thought +15 was the highest

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I thought +15 was the highest
    There is no limit, however - this is kind of poorly communicated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Mythic 20 oO

Whats the reward for that?
    The exact same as a mythic 12. Except it says mythic 20 on the item