Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    If you want to make money as a Homeless person.. Just follow sporting events around your country.
    Large crowds and people get drunk and are more inclined to give you a few $$

During the 2000 Sydney Olympics, some homeless people and buskers where making over $8,000 a week.

If I was in the USA, I would travel to NFL and baseball games and set up my sympathy stall.
    Yeah, because travelling can't be a problem when you can hardly afford food, right?

Deleted
    How many could you jump with a skateboard? (South Park reference)

Hey thought i'd post a bit of my experiences here and how completely fucked your opinion is. I can tell you have never had to remotely deal with homelessness in your life so I'll share a bit.

I'm the founder and operator of my own successful business now, but before that I was homeless for a bit over a year. I've never had a addiction problem or any of the "usual" problems as you put it. I simply had gotten laid off from job I had before and was somewhat recently a returned Marine who had retired. In a string of both bad choices and even worse luck I had lost most everything after having spent most my money on keeping my then girlfriend (now wife) supported with her health needs.
    The time came when all of my debt caught up with me leaving my only home being a car.

Through out this time I had gone to all government agencies and requested information for help and applied for help. Everything was denied for me even though I was a veteran except for foodstamps which I was only able to receive once I had a address. People i had met gave that faulty address you had mentioned and had gotten banned from using the service. Not to mention even with a valid ID that doesn't even remotely come close to getting you a job or anything else you need to be given and hold a job. Also worth noting that my very own case workers reason for not adding me to any lists for housing or actual money that I could have used on my LINK card was because "I was a healthy and young white male" in her own words.

The only thing that had let me recover from the situation that I was in was extreme amounts of will and determination as well as the help of a perfect stranger. He had given me a place to live temporarily and supplied funds for new ID's allowing me to file all applications that I needed to. Also supplying me with oddjobs for extra cash which made all the difference.

Now it's important that you understand those who are homeless with no addiction or substance problems much like myself at the time have the best shots at recovering. Even though at the time you are dealing with immense and overwhelming odds that sink you down into a depression like no other. Trying to advance yourself in that state isn't something you can just tell someone to do. Unless you have dealt with being in that situation and state of mind you will never understand what it's like.
    Now those who do or have had substance or addiction problems are pretty much fucked. Not only do they also have crippling depression but also those problems to deal with as well. And they also have very, VERY limited resources to go get help where they need it.

There is tons more to go into detail with the situation but your assessment of "just write down some addresses they can't check on them lazy homeless losers lol" is so depressingly false that you appear to be nothing but mustache twirling, wine sipping posh asshole to these people who are accepting of any and all help they can receive. Raw charity and superhuman levels of determination and luck are what gets people out of homelessness. The government does virtually fuckall for most of those who need help and are willing to try and achieve with said help.

Just because someone is homeless doesn't mean that life necessarily has to suck. Perhaps it could be said that they are the only ones who are truly free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Or you could improve the social policies in your country.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaiz View Post
    Hey thought i'd post a bit of my experiences here and how completely fucked your opinion is. I can tell you have never had to remotely deal with homelessness in your life so I'll share a bit.
    *chuckles*
    I think I know exactly how you feel. The frustration of dealing with people that seem to imagine that if you just do "such and such" something can magically work in your favor...Or those that think that he or she "did it all by his or her self," ignoring the fact that their own family played a part...
    And then there's the depression, and the uncertainty of what tomorrow will bring. It just ages you...The help of a stranger...well, my emotions would have run unchecked at that point and I probably would have lowered my head on hands and given myself a quiet cry.