Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centra...ligence_Agency

Its PROPAGANDA.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda

You cant trust CIA, since anything they say its for their own ends.

And here is other point of wiev:
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-r...tion-1.3891665

Why is so hard to look for 2 sources at least, before making another pointless thread?
    I didn't cite any sources at all as it is Global news. I also stated in my first post that the CIA believe it to be true, not that it is.

I didn't make this thread to discuss the issue as there are already a few of them about, I started it to ask a question. What happens now? Can Trump be sworn in while there is an ongoing situation that says the Russians helped put him in power? I don't care who you think the CIA work for. I don't care if you think they are biased in some way. I don't care if you think its a ploy by the opposition. I just want to know what happens now. Does Trumps first term get delayed until a conclusive answer has been reached? Does he go ahead and get sworn in anyway? Does something else happen?
    Last edited by LaserChild9; 2016-12-12 at 01:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikarun View Post
    So now that the CIA has confirmed that they believe Russia hacked the election,
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Did they really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikarun View Post
    They most certainly did.
    This is how religious crusades got started.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Its all a big fake news story. The mainstream media tries to play the game too now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure a full investigation will take place.

I also believe we'll see a record number of EC electors go faithless and not vote Trump, but I think he'll still get the requisite 270.

The only thing that may change the situation is if they find concrete evidence of collusion between Russian intelligence and the Trump campaign. If that kind of evidence is found I think you'll see a bipartisan impeachment take place and Trump and possibly Pence (if it was found he too was aware and complicit in the Russian hacking) removed from power and either a reelection taking place (very unlikely) or another Republican, maybe Speaker Ryan, assuming control (much more likely).

I don't think Clinton is going to factor in anyway besides maybe voicing her opinion and preaching for peace if Trump supporters threaten government officials.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2016-12-12 at 01:17 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

People need to stop and look at what hacking the Russian's supposedly did. They are not being accused of hacking the machines to physically change the vote. They are being accused of hacking the DNC and releasing information about the Democrats. So people here are demanding Trump be impeached because the American people had access to more information about what was actually going on. This is a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Its all a big fake news story. The mainstream media tries to play the game too now.
    In god emperor Trump we trust for only he speaks the truth blessed be his orangeness /s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I believe it's circumstantial evidence, at the moment - http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/11/us...ence.html?_r=0

"The C.I.A.’s conclusion does not appear to be the product of specific new intelligence obtained since the election, several American officials, including some who had read the agency’s briefing, said on Sunday. Rather, it was an analysis of what many believe is overwhelming circumstantial evidence — evidence that others feel does not support firm judgments — that the Russians put a thumb on the scale for Mr. Trump, and got their desired outcome."
    I think right now most people believe further investigations are warranted to get more details, that's not unreasonable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    They did indeed.

Trump thinks the CIA are silly though. He knows better than everyone else of course.
    The CIA have provided ZERO evidence that the Russians are involved... NONE.

The main reason Trump got elected is that the people have had enough of 'the establishment'. The CIA coming out and making this kind of announcement stinks of the establishment fighting back.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The answer is that nothing happens now. Trump's supporters do not care if it's true or not, and suspicion or even an active investigation will not stop Trump from being sworn in. The most that could happen is that, if it is proven to be true he could be impeached, but that would require the Republican controlled government to do it, which they absolutely will not do. It wouldn't even be the right thing to be done, unless it could ALSO be proven that Trump asked the Russians to get involved. He is not responsible for what the Russians do without his knowledge or permission, after all.

Personally, I don't know if it's true or not since I am not in possession of all the information the CIA has, but I do wish Trump would take the stance that no matter the beneficiary the US will not tolerate any form of election meddling from other countries. What scares me is not that the Russians may or may not have done something (because lets be honest, the US meddles in foreign elections all the time, how is it a surprise that other countries may want to do it too?), but that people are of the opinion that it is an acceptable situation so long as it helped the candidate they preferred.

This is james comey getting fired. Once they finish the investigation he will lose his job and it's over. Nothing will happen to trump if he agrees or disagrees with any of it. Trump can't save him.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post

The main reason Trump got elected is that the people have had enough of 'the establishment'. The CIA coming out and making this kind of announcement stinks of the establishment fighting back.
    I believe it's circumstantial evidence, at the moment - http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/11/us...ence.html?_r=0

"The C.I.A.’s conclusion does not appear to be the product of specific new intelligence obtained since the election, several American officials, including some who had read the agency’s briefing, said on Sunday. Rather, it was an analysis of what many believe is overwhelming circumstantial evidence — evidence that others feel does not support firm judgments — that the Russians put a thumb on the scale for Mr. Trump, and got their desired outcome."

As the OP said, they confirmed that they belive Russia did it.
    It's not like they will give up their sources. That would be really stupid.

That doesn't matter much though. What does matter is that Trump thinks he knows better than the CIA. That he's somehow smarter than everyone else.
    He's utterly delusional and dangerous.

That doesn't matter much though. What does matter is that Trump thinks he knows better than the CIA. That he's somehow smarter than everyone else.
    What's more dangerous is that his supporters are basically now a cult that won't question whatever he says even when he admits he lied they defend him.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh, I don't know. While Trump is not your ordinary politician, I have a feeling Trump is not going to be much different. Maybe even worse. He claims "to dry the swamp", but he is very much an alligator, who surrounds himself with other alligators. I believe the people who thought Trump is going to be any different are going to be disappointed.

Until the official findings are released, I'm not going to assume anything. As it is right now, we have nothing to go on but speculation, must of which is coming from the media. No thanks, lol.
    No, Trump being delusional and dangerous is not medias fault. He did that all by himself.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not like they will give up their sources. That would be really stupid.

That´s probably why he ignored pretty much all of the security briefings provided by the intelligence agencies, because trumps knows better!
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN13X2M9
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Deleted
    Did what?!?!?

Holy shit thats a dumb comment.

Here is the official statement for you:-

"U.S. intelligence agencies have assessed that as the 2016 presidential campaign progressed, Russian government officials devoted increasing attention to assisting Trump's effort to win the election, the U.S. official familiar with the finding told Reuters on Friday night, speaking on condition of anonymity." Reuters (10 Dec 2016)

Some ANONYMOUS guy at the CIA... yeah right that sounds legit *cough *cough*

Like i said, its THE ESTABLISHMENT fighting back because they lost the election.

And on top of that they dont even say what the Russian officials actually did!?!?!?

They just say "Russian government officials devoted increasing attention to assisting Trump" , this is an utterly meaningless comment... it means nothing.

Reminds intelligent people when the CIA announced that they had proof that Saddam Hussein had WMDs.... this all stinks of typical establishment bullshit.
    Last edited by mmoc978ad45763; 2016-12-12 at 01:54 PM.

This is one of those things that if you make this claim, you better have real substantial proof, or you are going to look really, really bad.

First the Dems back crazy Stein and her recount (which she admitted is based on no evidence). Looks crazy to any non Dem, especially after Hillary and Obama's comments about Trump saying he might contest the election. Hillary called him a "threat to democracy" and Obama said it was "dangerous." Who is "dangerous" and a "threat to democracy" now? The Dems and mad Jill Stein.

Now they are getting behind the CIA and this claim.

If both of these claims come to nothing, the Dem party is going to look insanely bad. Sort of like Ross Perot when he talked about the men in black suits visiting him.

He hasn't really done anything yet for me to feel this is true. I believe the media heavily tried to portray him this way to influence viewers and swing the vote in their favor (towards Hillary). I mean, what's delusional is thinking the media doesn't try to use fear-mongering techniques to change the opinions of people. Do you honestly think the media isn't biased in its reporting?
    So ignoring security briefings, promoting use of nuclear weapons, encouraging China to once and for all invade Taiwan. Thats responsible and safe to you?

Of course the media will bend everything to fit their viwers/readers. Thats how they make money. Trump says these stupid things without the help of the media though. He doesn't need their help. He makes a fool out of himself all on his own.

It's probably great for the media however. They don't have to come up with silly ideas on their own anymore. They can just copy and paste one of Trumps tweets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like i said, its THE ESTABLISHMENT fighting back because they lost the election.
    The first briefing about this happened back in september to members of both parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    The first briefing about this happened back in september to members of both parties.
    Oh that briefing where no evidence was presented either....

Who gives a fukk about accusations... the people arent stupid anymore, they want proof.

Only stupid people believe this establishment bullshit.

We've already lost thousands of young men to a war based on a lie by the CIA. We dont want another CIA lie to change history ffs.