Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's the deal with the parents here?

Why would you tell your kid he's going to die? It seems like something i'd want to cover up if it were my kid.

It's so easy to make a joke here, but I can't because it's so sad.

Fack, I didn't plan on crying today. Hope he's in a better place now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    it really is a shame this boy was introduced to the capitalist swine fable of santa but will die without knowledge of Lenin, Marx, and the glorious leaders of the Revolution

God damnit internet.

It's good to see that the edge lords and sociopaths are out, proving to the daunting chagrin of all that if you try hard enough, strive for greatness, and believe in your potential, there's no limit to how big a piece of shit you can be.

This story is obviously sad, but it's also uplifting. This man took in the pain and fear of a dying child, a trauma he'll have to live with for the rest of his life, just so the boy could have a fleeting moment of happiness and hope.

I'd rather see a hundred threads like this for every 1 political post that permeates the slowly billowing cesspool that these forums are becoming.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    He asked if Santa could help him,

He experienced joy for a moment, and then died hoping by some miracle Santa could help him.
    True, but the santa didn't have time to answer. So I think he still died happy, before getting dissappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Did they take the present back?
    you know I use to find your TJ Kirk levels of not giving a crap humorous, but even he's shown to show emotion here and there.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Not everyone gets a happy ending. I hope this a happy ending for the kid who just past. /salute to Santa
    I don't see how this is a happy ending.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    It's good to see that the edge lords and sociopaths are out, proving to the daunting chagrin of all that if you try hard enough, strive for greatness, and believe in your potential, there's no limit to how big a piece of shit you can be.
    nothing like a good sob story to make all the hypocrites stand out

people will cry about how terrible lil boy died with santa (it is), and try to gain the moral high ground about how they are so good and the compassionate ones

then they'll continue to give 0 fucks about people in the streets, children crafting their iphones, and parents working 3 jobs to feed their families

but hey you cried to the story of lil boy and santa
    you must be a good person

Not an easy thing! Feel sorry for the guy that plays santa. Having a child die in your arms would not be an easy thing for a normal person!

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    God dammit Internet. Why you ruin everything?
    I mean seriously, we're trying to enjoy a child's death here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

As a parent, this hits me hard. I saw this on the news earlier, and was sobbing just watching the Santa recount the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    As a parent, this hits me hard. I saw this on the news earlier, and was sobbing just watching the Santa recount the story.
    before I was born, mum had a son before me or my brother. He died at age 12 from cancer. Even now when we talk about him, if we talk to long, she'd cry and I'll cuddle her, reminding her of her children now and her grandkids.
    Its the hardest thing for anyone to live with, because the pain never goes away.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Good man for doing what he did. Poor child though, this is why medical scientific progression is so important.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    nothing like a good sob story to make all the hypocrites stand out

people will cry about how terrible lil boy died with santa (it is), and try to gain the moral high ground about how they are so good and the compassionate ones

then they'll continue to give 0 fucks about people in the streets, children crafting their iphones, and parents working 3 jobs to feed their families

but hey you cried to the story of lil boy and santa
    you must be a good person
    Feeling pain in response to someone else feeling it is not a testament of moral superiority. If you aren't capable of feeling empathy, I have no reason to fault you for that. At the very least, though, you should know what common decency is. You don't care that a kid died? So what? I don't care that you don't care. But if you're going to make fun of a kid dying, that's when I take pause.

Hypothetical: Go up to an acquaintance you know in real life and make a joke about a kid dying. Assuming that person has some semblance of decency, more likely than not they're going to think you're a horrible human being. Would they not? Unless you're joking with close personal friends (who understand and accept your sense of humor) only socially inept and potentially sociopathic people would consider those jokes appropriate or funny. If it's a fucked up thing to do in real life, why is it ok to do on the internet? You can give whatever false-faced excuse you want to justify it, but common decency doesn't end simply because you're hiding behind a computer screen.

But it was nice of you to create an elaborate strawman based on literally nothing I've said so that my faux hypocrisy can justify your moral ineptitude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Feeling pain in response to someone else feeling it is not a testament of moral superiority. If you aren't capable of feeling empathy, I have no reason to fault you for that. At the very least, though, you should know what common decency is. You don't care that a kid died? So what? I don't care that you don't care. But if you're going to make fun of a kid dying, that's when I take pause.

Hypothetical: Go up to an acquaintance you know in real life and make a joke about a kid dying. Assuming that person has some semblance of decency, more likely than not they're going to think you're a horrible human being. Would they not? Unless you're joking with close personal friends (who understand and accept your sense of humor) only socially inept and potentially sociopathic people would consider those jokes appropriate or funny. If it's a fucked up thing to do in real life, why is it ok to do on the internet? You can give whatever false-faced excuse you want to justify it, but common decency doesn't end simply because you're hiding behind a computer screen.

But it was nice of you to create an elaborate strawman based on literally nothing I've said so that my faux hypocrisy can justify your moral ineptitude.
    that's assuming that what i say is necessarily representative of what i think
    humor can be a defense mechanism. maybe i'm so overwhelmed with grief that i felt the need to joke about it to make the pain go away

okay i'm not. truth is i dislike seeing people cry in public over something just because it is expected from them to do so
    did you see anyone crying when we found out Gap was using children in unsafe buildings to produce clothes ?
    no. the same people did their usual mental gymnastics about how its the way the world is, and put their blindfold back on because while they will never say it out loud, cheap clothing>the lives of asian kids

thats why i make retarded jokes
    i just cant take part in hypocritical group sobbing

call that edgy if you want, that's just a cheap way to dismiss the problem
    Last edited by mmocab05265050; 2016-12-13 at 03:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Saddest thing I've read in a long long time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Read article, get +points in "Faith in Humanity"

Read comments, lose twice that many points. ><
    Pretty much this, clown on adults, so what. Kids you are class A shitlord.