Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Trust is also more about forgiveness.
    I'm sure it can be, but not for me.

Trust is about "is that real? is that true?" for me.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2016-12-13 at 12:31 AM.

Real in what sense? I was assuming trust of people...
    yes, it is

will they "really" do what they claim? is what they claim "true"? etc

Oh... I think this is ultimately just faith. You put faith, or trust into a person, and hope they do the right thing. I usually subscribe to the "Trust but verify" way of thinking.

And if they did not do what they promised, I just do it myself, or ask someone else to help, etc...

I think also this could be "forgiveness" based, but instead of a micro/individual level, it is more of a "humanity" level. Humans aren't perfect, and they will at some point disappoint you. Forgive them and move on, and continue to put faith on us doing the right thing... not all of humanity is untrustworthy. Call it being an "optimistic realist".

Hope for the best, see the best in people, but also realize that sometimes people will fail you, or be less than optimal. It's part of why life is so exciting... drama is ultimately interesting... if not for you, the people watching it...
    its a circle that comes back to me - i cant figure out HOW to trust enough in order to function enough so society accepts my help - im pretty neurotic irl =P you could tell me the sky is blue and i would doubt you to the point where im just not helpful in anything that needs me to believe the sky is blue =P

Do you trust yourself? How do you know what you see is true, and not a concept that was imposed on you by society?
    bingo, exactly, how? i dunno

real example: i dont know much about the magic of tech devices, if one messes up, i think someone did it on purpose to mess with me because they find it funny since i dont know anything - if i try to find out about the magic, well, how do i know thats real? maybe no one is letting me find out the real truth, and its all just a ploy to keep me in the dark so i cant stop them from messing with me or anyone else, etc...oh, the workings of my mind, i wish i could turn them off =P
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2016-12-13 at 12:54 AM.

That is a question you have to answer to yourself. Ultimately trust in others comes from trust in yourself. Meaning, you have to trust your senses, perception, cognition, and re-cognition, etc.

If you lack trust in the actions initiated by "you", or the input you get from your environment, how can you trust others?

I can give you advice... contemplation, going out in nature, being by yourself and learning your own mind... but... realistically, a person that does not trust themselves is hard to give advice to... because I could be saying stuff that is 100% BS, from your POV.
    yeah i always knew it was me, but knowing that doesn't help me lol

I could have told them which ones if they had only asked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I could have told them which ones if they had only asked.
    Your paternity tests always end in disappointment?

Kansas needs people, we can always ship them there.