Prot Paladin stat qeustion

With 7.1.5 coming soon and with it the change to holyshield, i wanted to ask will our stats stay Haste=versatility>mastery>crit or will it become Master>haste=versatility>crit?
    Last edited by rocius; 2016-12-13 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rocius View Post
    With 7.1.5 coming soon and with it the change to holyshield, i wanted to ask will our stats stay Haste=versatility>mastery>crit or will it become Master>haste=versatility>crit?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ussion/page621

I assume you are asking for prot? Would be helpful to specify since we have three specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    I assume you are asking for prot? Would be helpful to specify since we have three specs.
    Well i thought its obvious which spec has holyshield

Yeah but why make the holy and rets of the world even have to open the thread? Just put it in the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Yeah but why make the holy and rets of the world even have to open the thread? Just put it in the title.
    Sorry, just as a paladin i'm forced to play all 3 specs to adapt with the raids needs, so i kinda imagine everyone is the same. Next time i will make it more clearer.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, just as a paladin i'm forced to play all 3 specs to adapt with the raids needs, so i kinda imagine everyone is the same. Next time i will make it more clearer.
    [Retribution stuff here]
    There are NO rules of thumb to follow.
    There are NO stat breakpoints, they're unique for every single character.
    The only way to figure out which stat you should improve is to simulate every piece of gear you've got one by one.
    Avoid using Pawn, I'd even recommend to uninstall it because it's not really accurate (it doesn't keep in mind which legendaries you've got and which talents you're running).
    Example: if you've got the legendary cloak, you want your haste to be around 30% because it allows you to pull better DPS out of crusade. Got no cloak? Work towards increasing your crit/versatility.
    But honestly, just use simcraft, there's no better advisor.
    - Give the sword to Verral, he's got russian damage dealer prio.
    © Twentytwo

Quote Originally Posted by Verral View Post
    [Retribution stuff here]
    The only way to figure out which stat you should improve is to simulate every piece of gear you've got one by one.
    Avoid using Pawn, I'd even recommend to uninstall it because it's not really accurate (it doesn't keep in mind which legendaries you've got and which talents you're running).
    Example: if you've got the legendary cloak, you want your haste to be around 30% because it allows you to pull better DPS out of crusade. Got no cloak? Work towards increasing your crit/versatility.
    When you're in the raid and that titan warforged item drops that you had never looked at as a normal upgrade, how do you decide if you should roll? You pause the raid and go do a new sim? Pawn is good for this, keep updated personal stat weights and let it do the math for you... at the very least it will save you a few minutes of doing the napkin math yourself.

Pawn is nothing more than a calculator.. garbage in, garbage out. But still very useful in many cases.

[Retribution stuff here]
    Disagree with the pawn uninstall. I disliked it a lot at first because I felt that you can't go for a static % when the gear is constantly changing. I did however install Simcraft, and I sim my char regularely and always when I get a new piece of gear. I often sim my gear just before a raid or bossfight, to get the best DPS from it.

Simcraft has a Pawnstring, where you can import it into Pawn and change the % it looks for, making it close to 100% accurate. I say close to, because Simcraft sims the current trinkets you have, and Pawn doesn't give you a % of trinkets, only statsticks. It also has an inflated value of sockets.

Short version : Pawn is very useful if you update the Pawnstring with Simcraft on a regular basis.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satanicsuture View Post
    Disagree with the pawn uninstall. I disliked it a lot at first because I felt that you can't go for a static % when the gear is constantly changing. I did however install Simcraft, and I sim my char regularely and always when I get a new piece of gear. I often sim my gear just before a raid or bossfight, to get the best DPS from it.

Simcraft has a Pawnstring, where you can import it into Pawn and change the % it looks for, making it close to 100% accurate. I say close to, because Simcraft sims the current trinkets you have, and Pawn doesn't give you a % of trinkets, only statsticks. It also has an inflated value of sockets.

Short version : Pawn is very useful if you update the Pawnstring with Simcraft on a regular basis.
    So I update my pawn string just like you do and pawn tells me to equip different shoulders because they're a 14% upgrade. One must be a fool not to equip them, right? But after I equip them and simulate myself again it results in a 2k DPS loss.
    It's not accurate at all.
    - Give the sword to Verral, he's got russian damage dealer prio.
    © Twentytwo

So I update my pawn string just like you do and pawn tells me to equip different shoulders because they're a 14% upgrade. One must be a fool not to equip them, right? But after I equip them and simulate myself again it results in a 2k DPS loss.
    It's not accurate at all.
    And are you changing the name of the Pawn string as well? Because the times I've seen that happen is due to the 3 default Pawn strings (retribution, protection holy). It might say it's a 14% upgrade to Retribution, but your Sim version has a different name.

I've never had that happen to me, and I sim my gear daily as well as updating Pawn. I'm a hoarder, so I have 30+ trinkets in my bags, and usually 4-5 items per slot too. And generally 6 slots free before raids..

So this sounds more like a human error to me, not a Sim/Pawn issue.

/Edit It should also be mentioned Pawn is a calculator. It will calculate your increase based on the stats you place in it. It has no regard for softcaps. If changing that item will put you below a haste softcap, it would result in a DPS loss in simcraft, but it also means the Item is an upgrade once you reach the Softcap again using other means.
    Last edited by satanicsuture; 2016-12-14 at 10:16 AM.