10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    You mean, like in Whill Wheaton?

"Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So this is more of an England thing?
    I went looking for the phenomenon of the change in how you pronounce what and it actually has a name. It is called the wine-whine merger. Wine and whine used to not be pronounced the same. Whine was started with a whooshing sound. The way they described it is when you saw a word starting with wh-, you pronounced it hw-

For me, its just something i remember hearing when i was a kid and understood it as you say it as hw- or you come across as a thug, kinda like how saying ain’t is frowned upon.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, ha, now I get the cool whip joke

All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Never watched family guy so wouldve never caught that.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-jo...r-wars-trilogy

There's also that direct to tv series that's coming along (next year)?
    I'm not sure I like this. At all.

Bump, it releases soon
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Last Jedi Minor Spoiler
    Apparently Rey gets a huge moment and some sort of further representation is in the movie involving her. LGBT?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Last Jedi Minor Spoiler
    Apparently Rey gets a huge moment and some sort of further representation is in the movie involving her. LGBT?
    Ohh yah, her being gay would be crucial to the story...

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Bump, it releases soon
    It's out in 3 days. There's nothing to discuss.

Like in all settings with different sapient races (actual races) I would dare say that sexual attraction for someone of the same gender must be pretty ''normal'' ?

After all, in universe, both the new and old canon make abundantly clear that Human males find female Twi'leks attractive (or else, how to explain that Twi'lek strip...I mean dancers...are a fixture everywhere ?) And let's not mention an hermaphrodite slug having a kick for chained humanoid slaves (TBF, he was considering by his fellow Hutts a weirdo..)

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Ohh yah, her being gay would be crucial to the story...
    Finn is also going to be a revealed to be transgender so zer and Rey can end up together.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Finn is also going to be a revealed to be transgender so zer and Rey can end up together.
    Stormtroopers and clone troopers are explicitly, both in the new and old canon, trained/brainwashed to be essentially asexual (Boba/Jango Fett was apparently rather chaste, being given in one short story princess Leia as payment by Jabba and turning it down..). There is one mention of army brothels in ''Children of the Jedi'' and clone troopers are such childlike on sexual matters that Karen Traviss essentially labels sex interactions between one of them and a Jedi as sex abuse (she might have one point there, as the clone can't say no to his commander...) Both works/authors were at the very bottom of the old EU.

this may have already been discussed, but does anyone else think rey is going to turn bad and kylo will turn good? with rey eventually killing kylo

i'd love to see a badass sith chick winning the day.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    this may have already been discussed, but does anyone else think rey is going to turn bad and kylo will turn good? with rey eventually killing kylo

i'd love to see a badass sith chick winning the day.
    I don't see them making a Disney Princess evil. I would love to see her get turned to the dark side and then get killed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    I don't see them making a Disney Princess evil. I would love to see her get turned to the dark side and then get killed off.
    it's far fetched i know. my thought is that whoever is in control of kylo will see rey's power as stronger, and ditch kylo for her. kylo will be pissed and come back to luke. after all, kylo has been praying to vader's melted mask which could be considered a jedi artifact since he turned good in the end.

pretty sure only luke and a small handful of big names know that, i doubt luke would have indulged much of that story to wren.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    it's far fetched i know. my thought is that whoever is in control of kylo will see rey's power as stronger, and ditch kylo for her. kylo will be pissed and come back to luke. after all, kylo has been praying to vader's melted mask which could be considered a jedi artifact since he turned good in the end.

pretty sure only luke and a small handful of big names know that, i doubt luke would have indulged much of that story to wren.
    What I would like to see:
    Luke will start training Rey and her over the top level of skill and strength in force will make him back off from training her. Meanwhile Kylo will kill his mom and it will rock his faith in Dark Side even more. Rey will go after him, somehow she will get captured and taken to Snoke. Snoke will offer to pick up where Luke left off. Kylo will grow disheartened by Snoke not training him and watching him corrupt Rey and will lose his faith in the Dark Side. He will decide to leave and take her with him but she will refuse because Snoke is showing her how to use all her powers. The two will fight again and Kylo will barely escape with his life. End film

15+ Year Old Account
    like how goat would this be

Deleted
    Would that make her more or less annoying?

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Would that make her more or less annoying?
    Less because if she falls to the dark side she would actually be a more rounded flawed character.

Are people still complaining about Rey being overpowered in a setting in which a ten years old piloted a starfighter without training, a young adult flew another starfighter with minimal training against the Death Star and in which ''a legion of my best troops'' were mauled by teddy bears ?