Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That isn't true ether, That honor go's to steam.
    Steam is not nearly as intrusive as GFWL

I can go offline and play a lot of my steam games without an internet connection. Not multiplayer stuff mind you but mostly any game on steam I can play singleplayer offline only if the dev allowed it. You have to get your facts straight on what is intrusive DRM, steam is far less than most and way less aggressive than what GFWL used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    You have to get your facts straight on what is intrusive DRM, steam is far less than most and way less aggressive than what GFWL used to be.
    First off you said.
    I didn't say it hasn't, Im saying it caused all this terrible DRM and always alone popularization. It was the granddaddy of this modern DRM.
    Not one word in that says intrusive.

Second you don't get to Split hairs champ. Steam is the granddaddy of DRM and GFWL (Origin & Uplay as well) is the bastered child of it. You don't get to change fact's, Steam started DRM on a wide spread scale. That alone makes Steam the most intrusive since it opened the door for everyone else. Also not all games you can play Offline and it requires you to go online once to enable it.

Maybe you should get your facts straight before speaking on a topic you know nothing about.

GFWL started 4 years after Steam......
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-18 at 03:09 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

For single player content it obviously sucks, especially since that means your game is unplayable once they shit their shitty servers down. On the other hand, I don't think the game will have a worthwhile single player experience to begin with. So I just pity the fools that buy the game because of a kinda false promise.

Apparently it's both always online and P2P multiplayer.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

First off you said.
    Not one word in that says intrusive.

Second you don't get to Split hairs champ. Steam is the granddaddy of DRM and GFWL (Origin & Uplay as well) is the bastered child of it. You don't get to change fact's, Steam started DRM on a wide spread scale. That alone makes Steam the most intrusive since it opened the door for everyone else. Also not all games you can play Offline and it requires you to go online once to enable it.

Maybe you should get your facts straight before speaking on a topic you know nothing about.

GFWL started 4 years after Steam......

I'm not splitting hairs if you pay attention to anything I say. It is a platform that sells and allocates your games to one place. GFWL started this god awful platform that was horrendous to get working, did maintenance way to much and when it went down, most games didn't get any treatment to make them usable without it, rendering them useless. I didn't change a single fact, I stated that after GFWL, everyone got onboard of screwing customers and if you compare GFWL with steam, you're just delusional.

As I said, not EVERY game can do it but they can if the developer allows that kind of access, I'm not blaming steam for a crappy dev. Steam is the least intrusive mass scale DRM in the industry, you can argue that they are bad because they are big all you want but its the truth and any not allowing offline access to games is on the Developer, not the platform.

I mean, who's going to buy it just for single player? Willing to bet the campaign will be ridiculously short and half-assed. Would be more like a tutorial IMO.

Buy hey, Ubisoft could suprise me.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Have fun not being able to play your game because Ubisoft's servers are fucking up again. The same thing happened when I tried to play The Crew way back, where every slight hiccup would just kick you straight out of the game. The third time it happened in the same day, I just quit playing it altogether.

Deleted
    I've several thousand hours of gameplay time on steam, Uplay and Origin and I think not a single one of it was offline, even though more than half of it was SP.
    I stopped giving shits when these services became dependable. I've more problems with the services themselves because the new Origin is ugly as fuck and they should really try to copy Steam as much as possible.

And honestly, I wouldn't even care if I couldn't play them on one day, but the next.
    We are probalby talking about a 8h SP experience here, why do people even care?

I guess it's just hard for me to imagine limited internet access in this day and age. And here I thought that my country is seriously lacking behind in terms of available connections, to the point where it's threatening the industry-sector in general.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-18 at 10:10 PM.

Yep, like I said before I got no issues with online only games. My issue is when the SP part is also online only. Ill be waiting for at lease a 50% off sell before getting it now.

Works for me since there is many other games coming out around the same time I can play.
    So if For Honor didn't have a single player campaign at all you'd be okay with it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be more upset that it's an Ubisoft game that I would being online all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Folks internet isn't the only consideration though.
    The games client could also bug out or the game itself.

I play Elite Dangerous (which was supposed to have an offline mode originally) & quite often lately, players are getting DCs because netcode or servers are playing up, which can fuck up timed quests & so on.

Or like dope_danny said, you're renting the game.

Once they kill the servers, unless someone makes a patch (unlikely) you've lost what you paid for, same that happened to DarkSpore. A great game that all I have to show for it is an icon that is locked on Origin.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Ubisoft so I expect problems to arise from this decision.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WackyWombat View Post
    I've been seeing a lot of people saying this always online announcement has killed their interest in the game, and I just don't understand it. For starters, the game has been largely advertised as a multiplayer pvp game. I'm sure the single player will be cool, but that's not the focus of the game.

And seriously, it's almost 2017. Are people really still living without internet in range of their consoles/PC? I can't even recall the last time my internet was out for an extended period, and I live in a semi rural area.
    Pretty much this, this and this. ^
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    Folks internet isn't the only consideration though.
    The games client could also bug out or the game itself.

I play Elite Dangerous (which was supposed to have an offline mode originally) & quite often lately, players are getting DCs because netcode or servers are playing up, which can fuck up timed quests & so on.

Or like dope_danny said, you're renting the game.

Once they kill the servers, unless someone makes a patch (unlikely) you've lost what you paid for, same that happened to DarkSpore. A great game that all I have to show for it is an icon that is locked on Origin.
    I can empathize with that to some degree but for me 99% of the reason I'm playing this game is for the multiplayer. When the multiplayer community eventually moves on, it will be much the same. These things have a certain shelf life. I also look at it as how many hours of enjoyment can I get for my $60 purchase. From playing the alpha, I feel like I can get hundreds of hours of enjoyment and that is more than worth the purchase price for me. Again, I do get that it would be annoying to not be able to play the single player campaign 10-15 years from now, and that's something you purchased and shouldn't require an online connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    So if For Honor didn't have a single player campaign at all you'd be okay with it?
    The hilarious part is games like Crew, division and steep where all similar to this in being able to be played single player but still being always online games(what do they all have in common? Ubisoft games with a heavy MP influence).

Yet he acts like this is so surprising and needs to have a faux uproar about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Apparently it's both always online and P2P multiplayer.
    What? Do they want to fail that desperately?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/for...GSS-05-10aaa0b

That has killed a lot of my interest in the game. It even has a SP story mode and yet requires always online.

As someone who was going to buy this on Ps4 this is highly disappointing.
    This forum is also always online.

You should protest your disgust at this fact by ragequitting the forum.

The whole "anti-always online" thing made a little more sense years ago, but today it seems silly to get upset by it. As far as it giving the singleplayer an "expiration date" in case they ever take the servers down - I highly doubt if/when that ever happens, people won't be playing or even thinking about this game anymore. You could also argue that even if you were still somehow playing the game at that point, you probably got $60 worth of entertainment out of the years upon years of playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    The whole "anti-always online" thing made a little more sense years ago, but today it seems silly to get upset by it. As far as it giving the singleplayer an "expiration date" in case they ever take the servers down - I highly doubt if/when that ever happens, people won't be playing or even thinking about this game anymore. You could also argue that even if you were still somehow playing the game at that point, you probably got $60 worth of entertainment out of the years upon years of playing it.
    Id trade all of these games for chromehounds servers again....