Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Is it worth coming back?

As the title may suggest, I've been keeping myself away from WoW: Legion for a few months now because it was getting in the way of my college work plus all the RNG really turned me off, and the way they butchered a lot of my classes. However, I got a month before next semester and I was curious about the game have they tried to fix the classes or are they still a hit and a miss kind of situation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't really tell you if you would find it worth coming back to, or not. The RNG is still there, but else, is on you.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

As said above me, the RNG is there. The classes are fine in my opinion but I kinda got demotivated to keep playing, it just feels worthless to grind for gear when RNG is so present.

I'm coming back for the Nighthold probably.

Deleted
    i would say no, i loved legion at first but now after been playing for a while i would say if ure out from it its not worth coming back to.
    for me i think its for the better if the subs just tank and blizzard do somethings radical and blow up azeroth and we have to go to a new planet to take refuge.
    that in a sense would be a wow .2 and we could go back to being plebs whit blues and green and not fight uber bosses and spamming mythic dungeons 20-40 times a day for loot and ap grind.

RNG is very present still. If you didn't enjoy that than you probably won't enjoy it still.

If you took a couple months off the only real new thing is ToV which is probably not worth coming back for. Big[ger] class changes are coming in 7.1.5, so maybe see if any of those changes entices you to play your classes again.

I personally like Legion a lot. Nothing is ever perfect, but I find it much more enjoyable than WoD.

Deleted
    Did you enjoy the bonus objective quests while levelling in WoD? They are now called World Quests and are now a level 110 spamfest. You have to do them over and over and over and over again to get Artifact Power for your weapon. You can choose not to do them but you will be massively underpowered compared to everyone else. They are fun for a week or 2 but they soon become very very tedious.
    Did you enjoy challenge mode dungeons in WoD? They are now called mythic+ and they soon become the only way to gear up outside of raiding. They are speed runs where you dont get loot from any bosses but might get some loot at the end if you have rushed through quick enough.

If spamming these 2 things over and over and over again doesn't sound very appealing to you then the answer to your question is a BIG FAT NO.

Repeating boring tedious shit is now what Blizz call 'content'.

A bunch of people like it a lot. A bunch of people don't. I don't think there's anyway we can tell which of those bunches you fit into.

Deleted
    As a casual player who really doesn't care about keeping up with others Legion is generally pretty enjoyable.

World Quests are generally fun, dungeons are good and mythic+ alters up them reasonably nicely, what little raiding (only normals) has been fun and while some classes are as bad as they thought be, some are significantly better.

as long as you dont play a hunter or warlock you should be fine to come back.

RNG is the new xpack and apparently the "new" WoW. So don't come back, it's stupid and worthless, they got Diablo 3 philisophy (hack'n'slash) and brought to a MMO game, what they should NEVER EVER have done. I really thought that WoD was the WORST xpack ever made, but I guess now it's going 2nd and Legion is the new winner.

Absolutely not, there is more content but it's almost universally shit, classes are just so generic and awful, gear is pure rng, worst first raid tier ever and M+ gets real old real fast. People are burning out faster than they did in WoD even.

I've never seen guilds crumble so fucking fast.

Quote Originally Posted by LordOtaku666 View Post
    As the title may suggest, I've been keeping myself away from WoW: Legion for a few months now because it was getting in the way of my college work plus all the RNG really turned me off, and the way they butchered a lot of my classes. However, I got a month before next semester and I was curious about the game have they tried to fix the classes or are they still a hit and a miss kind of situation?
    haha the answer is still no.
    the haha is for the comment about them fixing classes.
    But Nothing has changed since you left. Absolutely nothing.

If you have to ask, the answer is no.

Nah, don't bother dude. if you don't care at all about the legendary system (and trust me, it will get to you) then play it casually.

Quote Originally Posted by LordOtaku666 View Post
    Not rly. They haven't fixed a thing yet, 7.1.5 is supposed to fix a few classes... although I doubt it. If you were playing a warlock forget it that class is doomed.

RNG is still there, and time gated artifact knowledge is still there.

Sub numbers seem to be quite low according to some individual researches.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    As a casual player who really doesn't care about keeping up with others Legion is generally pretty enjoyable.

World Quests are generally fun, dungeons are good and mythic+ alters up them reasonably nicely, what little raiding (only normals) has been fun and while some classes are as bad as they thought be, some are significantly better.

haha all I can say to this is WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
    Are we talking about the same game.
    Maybe your one of those people who likes to watch boring shows and then repeat them over and over again on tv. Cuz thats what dailys are I mean world quests and they stated they will not increase the range of ilvl for loot on it so enjoy your 835 items and such and dont progress at all.
    As for the rest of ur post I get ur casual so another 3 months or so and youll be like wtf this guy was right the game sucks.

No. I quit legion last month and started playing LoL again. I'm actually having fun with LoL as oppose to WoW (which seems like a grind). Riot's communication is what Blizzard should model after.

I love all the saltiness from a lot of the people. They're TOTALLY unbiased in giving an answer.
    I'm a casual player, but I've really enjoyed Legion so far. Loads better than Cata and WoD. It is very grindy though. And the first "tier" has been subpar. However, the other content has kept me thoroughly captivated for over 3 months now. The story was great, and there is a bunch to do after hitting max level. The classes have been tweaked and tuned, as always happens, with some classes being shafted and others still being enjoyable or even more so.
    Albeit all of this is still just subjective, so are the comments saying everything is terrible. I can say this though, I haven't burnt out nearly as fast as I did in WoD. That I lasted maybe 2 months before I was done.

Legion isn't that bad, my biggest problem with it is certain RNG mechanics *cough*legendaries*cough* which will likely turn you off.