Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Gul'Dan Raid Boss thoughts from PTR testing

So earlier today, they opened Gul'Dan up for the first time. What were your thoughts?

Personally, alot of it felt like Mannoroth on steroids. It looks like it will be highly entertaining, and might stand a chance to last longer than Helya if tuned properly on Mythic
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

The dungeon journal suggests the first phase is eliminated on mythic and it goes straight into phase 2.

Deleted
    anyone has a video where they managed to do more than tickle phase 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    The dungeon journal suggests the first phase is eliminated on mythic and it goes straight into phase 2.
    P1 minibosses are still there as well, if I'm not mistaken. Should be pretty nuts

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's definitely a crazy fight that will live up to expectations, especially after chasing Gul'Dan through 2 expansions
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    He must be a wall on mythic!

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seeing how Gul'dan is one of the longest standing lore characters and one fundamental to the origins of warcraft history, he better be something special even when it's his interdimensional timeline twin :P

Deleted
    I suppose its a mixture between Mannoroth, Imperator & Kael'Thas.

Mannoroth because of the adds & ability that you have to move out of at x yards 3 times. Imperator simply because of the abilities becoming empowered as the fight progresses and Kael'Thas (or Kil'Jaedan dragon), during that encounter you had the weapons to enhance yourself now you have The Eye of Aman'thul.

The way the room is built and you see the groves in the floor where his fel magic (purple?) is going before pulling having a mechanic like Odyn / Heigan where certain parts fill with crap would be sick and even more chaotic.

The room itself looks terrible and unimaginative for a final tier boss however on paper the fight looks like its going to be a worthy end boss.
    Last edited by mmocae040fe99f; 2016-12-15 at 03:25 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's a chaotic fight.

Disorder brings way to the Fel.

https://youtu.be/Q0cm80ybyBg

Not my video buy it looks really cool I actually really like the environment.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Anyone have a vid of the Elisande testing, it seens they changed a bunch of things from the first time she was on PTR ?

Gul'dan seens like a very fun and complex fight, and mythic will have the age old extra phase that don't show on the journal for no reason other than making ppl go search the skills on wowhead after they are datamined, nice that it has an extra phase, not nice they are still not showing these extra phases on the journal.