Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

I'm thinking of 2016 being a terrible year, as far a celebrity deaths and media stupidity.
    But...other than that unimportant crap, nothing really bad has happened. no massive wars, no widespread famine or plagues. No great depression. just no.
    BUt...if a giant meteor did crash into us, or a nuclear war broke out, or a zombie apocalypse started...yeah worst year ever, but not because of what has actually happened so far.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I'd love that, the purpose of the EC is to overturn a President Elect with questionable ethics, qualifications, foreign support (though the founders were more concerned with candidates being England sympathizers). Potential civil war be damned. Though Americans are probably to obese and comfortable to do much about it.
    yes because hillary doesn't have all the qualities you just listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    To be fair to the guy; his twitter game is moderately strong
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    wrong thread. you meant to post this in the "what event could save 2016" thread.
    really? because hillary is such a bastion of virtue and would make a great president...
    i mean it's not like she subverted a subpeona and deleted 10s of thousands of emails.
    or lied to the american people about benghazi, and worse shamed the victims families.
    and she didn't rig the DNC primary against sanders either...

totally honest and trustworthy person she is.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh View Post
    I'm thinking of 2016 being a terrible year, as far a celebrity deaths and media stupidity.
    But...other than that unimportant crap, nothing really bad has happened. no massive wars, no widespread famine or plagues. No great depression. just no.
    BUt...if a giant meteor did crash into us, or a nuclear war broke out, or a zombie apocalypse started...yeah worst year ever, but not because of what has actually happened so far.
    Nothing with immediate effects probably, but Brexit, the falling apart Colombian ceasefire agreement ,the Trump election and the Russian destruction of Syrian rebels will have pretty lasting effects in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Deleted
    Nuclear war starting.
    An asteroid hitting Earth.
    A planet entering our solar system on Earth's path or near.
    A supervolcano erupting.
    A new disease appearing that spreads super easily and kills anyone within days.
    Terrorists detonating a dirty bomb in a major city.
    The universe ending.
    A black hole heading for our solar system and reaching it soon being discovered.
    The energy from a quasar hitting Earth.
    Our magnetic core weakening, thus we'd be fried by the Sun.
    The sun turning supernova now due to an issue that could not be predicted.
    Hell being real and we all to head there after dying due to our evil deeds.
    Meh, there's others, but too late.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go with the 'terrorist attack' angle, or that it was discovered that all the fear around 'tampered elections' were true and we'd see some pretty crazy civil unrest in the States.

Quote Originally Posted by Vralek View Post
    really? because hillary is such a bastion of virtue and would make a great president...
    i mean it's not like she subverted a subpeona and deleted 10s of thousands of emails.
    or lied to the american people about benghazi, and worse shamed the victims families.
    and she didn't rig the DNC primary against sanders either...

totally honest and trustworthy person she is.
    i never said any of that. strawman much? but shes still way better than trump. look at his cabinet. disgusting. also, benghazi is a complete witch hunt. even several republican-lead probes into it found nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    There really isn't much more that could make 2016 worse for me at this point. I've been fighting cancer and almost died a couple times (one time required emergency surgery). I've been struggling financially and unable to work due to medical issues this year as well (hard to work when you spend 1/3 of the year in the hospital/getting treatments). As much as Trump getting voted in sucks, it hasn't really made my year that much worse yet. If he screws with healthcare, my 2017 is going to be rough, but he can't really do anything until January anyway. I'm just glad this year is almost over and hoping 2017 is a better one.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    i never said any of that. strawman much? but shes still way better than trump. look at his cabinet. disgusting. also, benghazi is a complete witch hunt. even several republican-lead probes into it found nothing.
    if hillary would be much better, why the hell did everyone outside of the west coast and new england vote for trump?

why is it that almost every state that hillary won, allows illegals to vote and has no voter id requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    To be fair to the guy; his twitter game is moderately strong
    Yeah, so is Ed Sheeran's. Must be something about being a bland musician that does that to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    EMAILLLSSS

BENGHAZIIIII

SANDERS SOLD OUT

Can we stop yet?
    it's not about the emails. its about the fact that she SUBVERTED a SUBPEONA and deleted them anyway. if i destroyed evidence that i was ordered to turn over, what would happen to me?
    it's not about benghazi and 4 soldiers dieing. its about the fact that she lied about it, and tried to shame the families of soldiers.
    it's not about the fact that sanders sold out. it's about the fact that she completely went against the concept of what america stands for.

Quote Originally Posted by Vralek View Post
    why is it that almost every state that hillary won, allows illegals to vote and has no voter id requirement.
    No state allows illegals to vote, and most states don't have voter ID requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    No state allows illegals to vote, and most states don't have voter ID requirements.
    funny, i seem to remember president obama telling illegals they should vote and they wouldn't get caught.

and whats to prevent illegals from voting if you don't even require a picture ID to vote?

want a real vote? each american born citizen, or legally made citizen with voting rights gets issued a picture id from the government of the united states. let's see what happens when you require that to vote.

blizzard releasing more legendaries

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Some more famous people could die. That always seems to make people fall apart for no reason.
    Nah...all we need is Duck Dynasty character to get suspended again then everyone will forget about Trump! Though I wouldn't complain if fate tossed us a Kim/Kanye murder/suicide pact...

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    So it's been a pretty horrible year, but i was thinking, what would be the 1 thing you can think of that would cap off 2016 by making it the worst year ever?
    Cascadia Fault rupture.

Estimated 7Million~ dead in the first 12~ hours with the Canadia, Seattle, Oregon, Hawaii, and Alaska coast lines gone underneath 400+Feet of water.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

I mean, I could OD and die before 2016 is over