Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Call of the Wild Nerf - Blizz once again illustrates lack comprehension.

This isn't a big old rant about the qq about nerfing legendaires...it is not a call out to the whiners that caused it.

from a BM perspective:

These bracers reducing aspects by 50% allows titan's thunder and aspect of the wild to match up. It makes the spec very fluid. I remember saying BM was missing "something" that it felt empty...well as soon as i got the bracers along with that third gold trait I started enjoying the spec a lot more.

Its the gameplay here not the damage. These bracers are like 75% utility (more turtles and cheetahs)...and far from the BiS legendary or even a game changer on the dps meters.

Quite disappointed in this change. I have no idea how it was affecting survival.

They are slowly destroying an already weak spec.... the worst part is, both BM legendaries that got nerfed are the ones i have...

A simply copy and paste to PTR resulted in a 80k DPS loss in single target compared to live, tested on the same conditions

5 mins parse on raid dummy with food, flask pre and post pot and hero - 3 parses averaged 430k DPS

same conditions on PTR - 3 parses averaged 355k

- - - Updated - - -

And the most idiotic thing of it all... they nerf some legendary to increase the variety of use, making us pick different combos according to the encounter or activity.... yeah, thats great, but we dont fucking pick the legendaries we get....

Deleted
    Call of the wild nerf is not aimed for BM but for Survival (where is the best legendary by far). The problem is they destroyed it for BM without noticing (or maybe they did but they have shown many times they do not care about this spec at all) as now the 1:20 CD for AotW is horrible to pair up with the rest of the BM bundle(Titans thunder, Crows and BW every 1 min) so if you add the horrible stats is not gonna be used.
    Blizzard response? Okey lets nerf the ring too! Hope is still worth (It has lots of crit which is not our best stat) as I love the extra speed for pets from cunning (they should have made this baseline and add it to hati too). The ring btw which is buggy since the beta and is still not fixed.

I got lucky: I have the belt and the boots, neither of which were nerfed. However, that doesn't mean I won't call out these changes for being bullshit. Neither of the legendaries they nerfed were overpowered; they were pretty average as far as legendaries go. All 4 of the BM legendaries were good but not game-breakingly amazing like those for some other classes. As far as I'm concerned the state of BM's legendaries is what they should have aimed for with all the other classes.

And, the obvious big problem with the nerfs: people like @zaphre unfortunate enough to have those two legendaries are screwed. Yay for RNG choosing your fate, I guess?

Also, the belt was the most powerful legendary for BM but was not nerfed. Very nonsensical. It's a shame because I would have really wanted to try out Call of the Wild some day.

Deleted
    The belt is the most powerful just because it pairs very well with Killer Cobra which you are using anyway, so if they buff the other talents it would lose some power. (Although I do not see how Aspect of the Beast and the legen boots could work together unless the dots stacked somehow).
    Also in AoE it allows you to use both multishot and KC during BW but if beast cleave talent gets buffed enough it might not be that relevant.
    Also you have to consider Bracers, belt, ring legendaries stats are worse than if they were on a Chest, shoulders, pants...
    I believe CotW nerf should only apply to aspect of the eagle and not the rest of aspects after all they get the good stats anyway and doesn't break the rotation as it does for BM, but seeing how they handle things don't expect anything like that.

They would be better off just having the bracers affect cheetah and turtle, and not affecting survival's or bm's dps cooldowns. That way they could balance both those specs better.
    Last edited by Furious Spoon; 2016-12-15 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphre View Post
    They are slowly destroying an already weak spec.... the worst part is, both BM legendaries that got nerfed are the ones i have...

A simply copy and paste to PTR resulted in a 80k DPS loss in single target compared to live, tested on the same conditions

5 mins parse on raid dummy with food, flask pre and post pot and hero - 3 parses averaged 430k DPS

same conditions on PTR - 3 parses averaged 355k

- - - Updated - - -

And the most idiotic thing of it all... they nerf some legendary to increase the variety of use, making us pick different combos according to the encounter or activity.... yeah, thats great, but we dont fucking pick the legendaries we get....

^*^& me. I am in the same boat. we are getting completely ignored. its bullpickles. I can care less about the ring 5% nerf...i am assuming all legendaries are getting nerfed and this is the ones they targeted first. So people with the boots/belt don't think your turn isn't coming.

I am more concerned with how this fucks up the the fluidity of the BM spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    ^*^& me. I am in the same boat. we are getting completely ignored. its bullpickles. I can care less about the ring 5% nerf...i am assuming all legendaries are getting nerfed and this is the ones they targeted first. So people with the boots/belt don't think your turn isn't coming.

I am more concerned with how this fucks up the the fluidity of the BM spec.
    Most legendaries from other classes/specs got a nerf, but they range from 15-20%

BM ring = 50% Nerf
    Bracers = 30% Nerf

As of now, comparing myself to live since the very first PTR build, i lost 20%+ DPS. Considering all the nerfs and "buffs". They are literally forcing BM to change specs little by little.
    Last edited by zaphre; 2016-12-15 at 02:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furious Spoon View Post
    They would be better off just having the bracers affect cheetah and turtle, and not affecting survival's or bm's dps cooldowns. That way they could balance both those specs better.
    I think small changes on rotation changing the CDs is not bad, so long is not OP (and it is not for BM).
    Besides while I think only-utility legendaries looks like a nice idea people would just look for their BiS stats and forget about the bonus if it wasn't powerful enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Furious Spoon View Post

but the thing is as BM with this lengendary it has great synergy...# of dire beast and titan's thunder with aspect of the wild. It is very dynamic and fluid and actually improves the play style of the spec.

This change is going to make it very clunky. And it is far far far from a huge increase in dps and is like our 3rd BiS legendary as BM.
    Last edited by Banard; 2016-12-15 at 05:27 PM.

WHY??? What is the reason behind nerfing these legendary's ? BM is already a weak spec. I dont understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjeff View Post
    WHY??? What is the reason behind nerfing these legendary's ? BM is already a weak spec. I dont understand.
    I starting to thing the OP of another post is right...BM is not on there radar and we get hit by nerfs because all other legendaries are getting hit.

The fact is ours is reportedly even higher nerfs then other class/specs is ridicules.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjeff View Post
    The spec shouldn't be balanced around really good legendaries because, obviously, only people blessed by rng have them. BM being trash tier is a completely separate issue from the legendaries getting nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    This isn't a big old rant about the qq about nerfing legendaires...it is not a call out to the whiners that caused it.

from a BM perspective:

These bracers reducing aspects by 50% allows titan's thunder and aspect of the wild to match up. It makes the spec very fluid. I remember saying BM was missing "something" that it felt empty...well as soon as i got the bracers along with that third gold trait I started enjoying the spec a lot more.

Its the gameplay here not the damage. These bracers are like 75% utility (more turtles and cheetahs)...and far from the BiS legendary or even a game changer on the dps meters.

Quite disappointed in this change. I have no idea how it was affecting survival.
    I think several classes have that one legendary that just makes it all kind of fall into place. That is terrible design though. No spec/class should fill disjointed until they receive that one specific item.

That's why I hate that they are FIRST nerfing legendary items, and then balancing classes around those specific items. The problem is you are balancing around items MOST people don't have. Beyond stupid imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I think several classes have that one legendary that just makes it all kind of fall into place. That is terrible design though. No spec/class should fill disjointed until they receive that one specific item.

That's why I hate that they are FIRST nerfing legendary items, and then balancing classes around those specific items. The problem is you are balancing around items MOST people don't have. Beyond stupid imo.
    Well, they often use stuff like this to test stuff out and then work it into the class baseline later if it works. I think that design element is fine but if they were going to blow up the legendary they should have just baked that fun aspect into BM directly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    Well, they often use stuff like this to test stuff out and then work it into the class baseline later if it works. I think that design element is fine but if they were going to blow up the legendary they should have just baked that fun aspect into BM directly.
    But it doesn't feel like they are testing anything. What it feels like, is these items were a missing piece from the beginning. Like a complimentary talent choice you stupidly/ignorantly neglected to pick.

The issue, is that when the change goes live... I won't be able to go pick up said item. I'll be waiting for a decent item to materialize so that my class/spec doesn't feel disjointed. Calling this a bonehead move, or even ignorant just doesn't suffice. This is like being married to someone for 20 years, and after the 7,301st time of placing the toilet paper roll on the wrong way... you just snap and murder them, and then go about your day like nothing happened. "Bitch should have just done it right..."

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post

Totally agree but the thing is here....this one legendary (which is third BiS) does that and its not even on blizzards radar. They have 0 comprehension about how fluid these bracers make the spec.

The numbers are the numbers and i am not qqing about that (although how much this spec has been ignore we have a right too).

Its the fact that, here is an item that improves the game play of the spec...and blizzard do not even realise it.

I have no idea who at blizzard is responsible for the overall game play (not talking numbers) but there are 100's of people in this hunter community they can talk to and get a better idea what is going on. Whatever they are doing not is just not working.

Feedback has not worked since beta.

Saw this nerf coming. If it did not come, as a main survival hunter, I would probably never replace them all expansion. Way too good compared to the others.

You are getting blinded by the legendary.
    Discussion should be WHY you need an item (and the enhancement it bring in the skills) to make your class/spec played fluently and competitive. class need core changes, not items ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    The spec shouldn't be balanced around really good legendaries because, obviously, only people blessed by rng have them. BM being trash tier is a completely separate issue from the legendaries getting nerfed.
    Specs shouldn't have been balanced around legendaries period.