Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Is it possible, with 14 man, we tried 2-3-9 but were having issues with dispels, then 2-4-8 issues with damage. Is there to much going on in this fight to have so few people?
    We just took down Heroic Helya yesterday and our set up was 2 tank, 5 melee, 1 range and 3 healer total of 11 man in the raid. So 14 people is should be definitely enough to cover the mechanics.

Not great, but here are our logs for reference: warcraftlogs.com/reports/cMQb2BqjfNRnhyFC#type=summary

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    @OP My guild did it with about 14 the first time as well. However our lowest dps was around 320k (and we considered sitting them) with just about everyone else from 375-450k. We had three sets of adds but I think we could have pushed it to two sets with careful timing. You problem just seems to be some terrible terrible dps. People should be doing 250k dps at ilevel 850 and those guys are average of 875. On a fight like helya where there is a lot of AoE you can pad on they should be even higher. Especially your hunters.
    Possibly look at ways you can maximise your dps uptime. We leave some of our melee on Helya while ranged nuke slimes and our hunters shred them.

We are pushing P2 around 2:30 into the fight and during P2 we slow dps a little to get the third wave of adds and clear them up before pushing boss to transition. I think we could push the boss right after 2nd set but we play it safe and avoid overlap. From there it's an easy run to the finish

We 14m it the first kill, with a fair few tries before hand, mind you. We went with 4 healers to make sure dispels weren't an issue and are lucky enough to only have 2 melee dps, being an Enh and a Ret.

We kept everyone on the same side in P1, set a dispel order for healers with one of them focusing the tanks. Having the MM hunters you currently do, I don't suppose Slimes are a problem, nor (most of) the smashing tentacles, though for reference we still have the tanks position them in the middle.

P2, we assigned a kill order for tentacles starting at the back left (when facing them), prioritising all DPS on Mariner whilst he's up and, when dead, ranged on Grimelord/cleaving remaining 3 tentacles (usually just one at this point) and melee run to the first platform straight to the tentacles up there and ignore the Grimelord. Just remember to GTFO when afflicted with Fetid Rot! Lots of knockbacks and CC on the Minions helps a load and having two Balance, a BDK mass grip, and my Binding & Bursting shots helped untold--make sure your hunters chain their stuns and your two MM's don't use their Bursting Shots at the same time.. having little to no green crap on the ground up there helps a lot.

P3, we split raid across each side to allow for easier orb kiting and have the breath in the middle again. Same order for dispels and specific set people for the breath absorbs and a back up set in case of inopportune orbs.. and with fewer people that's always going to be an issue. We had our tanks soak the closest swirly. We also assigned someone on both sides to focus the Minions that occasionally spawn.

Here's our kill log for reference: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/N16xK92PTRY3fA4k