Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Pick up artist jailed after raping woman and blogging about the attack

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7473831.html

A ‘pick up artist’ has been convicted of raping a woman and blogging about the attack, it has been reported. The woman was so drunk at the time she had passed out in her own vomit when he committed the offence.

Alex Smith, 27, taught men “rejection-proof” techniques for “seducing” women as an instructor at a company called Efficient Pickup, DailyBeast reports. He and a pick up colleague met two women on a night out in San Diego and invited them to a flat where a third man, one of their “students” was waiting.

When one of the women passed out, Smith reportedly raped her and asked the student to do so as well. The second woman entered the room to find her friend naked, face down in her own vomit and surrounded by the two men who were naked. They reportedly informed her “we just tag-teamed your friend” before ejecting both women from the apartment.

The woman who had been assaulted contacted San Diego police but they reportedly did not attend the scene or question the men. She later investigated the men by searching online and found “pick up” forums in which they discussed committing the attack against her. After she submitted the accounts to police, the men were questioned and arrested.

When sentencing Smith, San Diego Superior Court Judge Jeffrey Fraser praised the woman’s “amazing” work to investigate the men and bring them to justice. He sentenced him to 8 years in prison, telling the court: “The one term that is very appropriate for this particular trial is ‘misogyny’.
    The defendant did treat the victim in this case not as a human being but simply as an object.

“And I’ve got to tell you, having sat up here for 18 years, there’s a lot of people that have sat in that [the accused’s] chair and I can’t recall- murderers, rapists, kidnappers- I don’t know if I’ve seen one that has been as mean and cruel as you have been.”

Judge Fraser added: “This is not a hard decision at all. In fact, if I could give you more time, I would. But the law only allows me to give you a certain amount of time.”

The man who allegedly also took part in the incident as Smith’s student is due to be sentenced in February.

In a statement submitted to the Daily Beast following the verdict, the victim said: “My hope is that these men within the pickup artist community with notions of women as disposable sexual objects only to be controlled, used, and shared amongst each other, will see that their actions are considered criminal and will not go unpunished.

”Furthermore, I hope this will encourage other rape victims, especially those cases that are difficult to prove — involving unconsciousness, alcohol, or drugs — to feel confident in the justice system once again."
    A sad reflection of where our society is right now when we have professional pick up artists.

Do you agree with the judge? Is 8 years enough? Why doesn't the law allow for a longer sentence?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pick up artist is such a weird thing.

its sad that after she first reported it to the police they seemingly didn't act upon it, at least according to the article they didn't even question the accused men. its a good job then that they were stupid enough to brag about it online.

8years seems a good length to me
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    Freaking heck, passed out in their own vomit, surely that should be the sign that the person might not be the most suitable to have sex with?

Too short. 10+ for rapists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    "A sad reflection of where our society is right now when we have professional pick up artists"

As it seems you are unaware, pick up artists have been a thing for as long as I can remember. There are movies based on it, books writen by them, sites for discussion, group meetings and seminars.

However, this situation goes beyong the typical pick up. This is out right rape. And it is horribly disgusting.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Im kind of torn here we have a really weird standard when it comes to women and drinking.

You drink and drive its your fault alcohol isn't a excuse.
    You drink and fight its your fault alcohol isn't a excuse.
    You drink and fuck someone it isnt you fault alcohol is a excuse.

I'm not saying these people are not scummy people but without knowing all the facts I can't see this as anything but a he said she said case and to be frank the kind of people who would want to see these people arrested are activists who would lie....

So im torn want more info on what actually happened not just allegedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Freaking heck, passed out in their own vomit, surely that should be the sign that the person might not be the most suitable to have sex with?
    Consider the student. He watched this happen, and took part. Yeah the pick up dude is a monster, but the student who is new to it, joined in. So disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    well the sort of person who would go to a 'pick up artist' probably had low standards, so being passed out, lying in vomit is probably not a bad thing for them
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Im kind of torn here we have a really weird standard when it comes to women and drinking.

I'm not saying these people are not scummy people but without knowing all the facts I can't see this as anything but a he said she said case and to be frank the kind of people who would want to see these people arrested are activists who would lie....

Drink and consent to it. Ok

Laying passed out in a puddle of your own vomit and being fucked by two people without your consent... That is rape.

Of course PUA are against laws about consent. 99% of their ''kluver mind kuntrol technike'' boils down to ''booze wumin to have sex with her, which iz lugal, kauze you are uh alpha male and laws are fur beta cucks'''

I don't know why the police didn't at least question the men when this happened, even with no proof you would think they would at least ask the men about it.

If you are passed out in your own vomit you aren't getting in a car, nor starting a fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    well the sort of person who would go to a 'pick up artist' probably had low standards, so being passed out, lying in vomit is probably not a bad thing for them
    Oh by the divine, I shouldn't find that funny... Damn you!

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I think it's fucking fantastic that she was passed out in her own vomit and you want to act like there's a gray area here.
    I want to see proof. I also don't believe acting like a child and getting drunk means you forfit personal responsibility. Did she give consent before hand? What is the actual evidence in the case beyond he said she said.

10+ Year Old Account

i think theres grey areas sometimes with regards to drunbk sex rape claims, theres usually the double standard of a woman couldn't consent because drunk, but doesn't matter if the man was drunk, he should know what he's doing.

but by the sounds of it in this one, they took these girls back home, one passed out and the pick up artists and the student, who waited at the flat still had sex with them, i dont think the guys being drunk (dont know if they even were, especially the student who waited at the flat) is an excuse for raping someone who is passed out, that should be a pretty sure sign not to do anything.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Of course PUA are against laws about consent. 99% of their ''kluver mind kuntrol technike'' boils down to ''booze wumin to have sex with her, which iz lugal, kauze you are uh alpha male and laws are fur beta cucks'''
    I was watching an interview with one and be basically admitted that their goal is to "trick women into sex."

So sad that we have predators like that running around.

I want to see proof. I also don't believe acting like a child and getting drunk means you forfit personal responsibility. Did she give consent before hand? What is the actual evidence in the case beyond he said she said.
    They confirmed it on an online forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I don't know why the police didn't at least question the men when this happened, even with no proof you would think they would at least ask the men about it.

im guessing.... lazy police officer took the report.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    can you make any post without making some weird mockery statement in " " ??
    dragonmaw - EU

But Bwana Roosh V. and Mastah Vox Day and Lord Chateau Hearthsite told me that legal and that only beta cucks liburals limpwrists were trying to have sex with conscious women !

PUA and redpillers are, incidentally, so ''smurt'' that they brag online about drugging ''dumb wumin'' to have sex with them,. to prove how ''alpha'' they are.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-12-15 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    They confirmed it on an online forum.
    Well that does change it quite a bit.

Well that does change it quite a bit.
    From the article in the OP:

The woman who had been assaulted contacted San Diego police but they reportedly did not attend the scene or question the men. She later investigated the men by searching online and found “pick up” forums in which they discussed committing the attack against her. After she submitted the accounts to police, the men were questioned and arrested.
    I'm pretty skeptical about accusations of rape because they are so hard to prove and the lack of repercussions for false accusations but this seems like a pretty open and shut case.