Thread: nightbane

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

nightbane

So I wanna try to kill this guy for the chest and maybe mount, whats a good group comp to get to this guy and how do I start it?.

On a side note, how do I go back to do the original Kara Quest chain for original nightbane, cuz I never did it .

Deleted
    You can't solve the original Nightbane questline, it's done for.
    Look here :
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=9644/nightbane

A good group for nightbane is the group thats finished the timerun.
    Our group is
    - Feral Tank
    - Havoc DH
    - Winkwalker Monk
    - BM Hunter
    - Resto Druid

Works fine.

Our Timerun way:
    1) We pull everything right before the opera event. Bomb it.
    2) Opera Event.
    3) One big pull behind the opera.
    4) Inivible pots to skip the fireland trash under the opera event.
    5) One (maybe 2) trashpull -> 1. Time Stop.
    6) Go to Maiden -> 2-3 trash pulls
    7) Don't pull Maid. Just go to the 2. Time Stop.
    8) Back to Morrows, we jump straight in the room, clear the whole room before starting the morrowsfight (2 trash pulls)
    9) Morrows (here we pull heroism) -> 3. Time Stop
    10) To the old main entrance -> left to the spiders.
    11) Slowly to the spiders -> 4. Time Stop -> Wipe the whole group.
    12) Start at the back entrance -> go to Kurator (again heroism) -> 5. Timestop
    13) Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by hockenberry View Post
    Look here :

A good group for nightbane is the group thats finished the timerun.
    Our group is
    - Feral Tank
    - Havoc DH
    - Winkwalker Monk
    - BM Hunter
    - Resto Druid

Works fine.

Our Timerun way:
    1) We pull everything right before the opera event. Bomb it.
    2) Opera Event.
    3) One big pull behind the opera.
    4) Inivible pots to skip the fireland trash under the opera event.
    5) One (maybe 2) trashpull -> 1. Time Stop.
    6) Go to Maiden -> 2-3 trash pulls
    7) Don't pull Maid. Just go to the 2. Time Stop.
    8) Back to Morrows, we jump straight in the room, clear the whole room before starting the morrowsfight (2 trash pulls)
    9) Morrows (here we pull heroism) -> 3. Time Stop
    10) To the old main entrance -> left to the spiders.
    11) Slowly to the spiders -> 4. Time Stop -> Wipe the whole group.
    12) Start at the back entrance -> go to Kurator (again heroism) -> 5. Timestop
    13) Profit.
    Far easier to do spider crystal 3rd, lust on moroes and suicide after him IMO.

Moroes is by far a more efficient use of lust then curator which should be near death after first evo with just pots and CDs.

Other then that I agree with this route, and it's what I've used since week 1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Moroes is by far a more efficient use of lust then curator which should be near death after first evo with just pots and CDs.
    We lust at the morroes pull and burst the 4 adds while cleaving (DD-setup : DH / Windwalker / BM, works pretty fine).
    Lust is ready right before we pull the Curator, so we lust twice.

And we don't clear the spider room with the crystal. Our tank just pulls the way throught and a nightelf taps it -> wipe -> much time.

Curator dies in evo-phase because lust + pots + trinket etc. We only use the half room for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

Other then that I agree with this route, and it's what I've used since week 1.
    or just take the portal to after the spider crystal? lol no need to die there.. we just doing it so fast that we dont need to die there to save time, we just clear spiders all the way to crystal and take the portal, otherwise your route is pretty good

We lust at the morroes pull and burst the 4 adds while cleaving (DD-setup : DH / Windwalker / BM, works pretty fine).
    Lust is ready right before we pull the Curator, so we lust twice.

And we don't clear the spider room with the crystal. Our tank just pulls the way throught and a nightelf taps it -> wipe -> much time.

Curator dies in evo-phase because lust + pots + trinket etc. We only use the half room for him.
    Sounds like you don't lust Opera then, which I also disagree with. It's simply not needed on Curator and you can only have it for 2/3 so that's why I recommend the route the way I do. As long as Curator doesn't live long past the first Evo it doesn't matter if you have lust on him or not.

We've always done moroes > spider and unless you wipe multiple times it won't matter Anyway. We also just nuke down the firelands portal room instead of invising - a DH can easily do 4m by himself there

We used to do the spider crystal legit but now we just have arogue vanish and suicide there - although keep joking we get the mobs to 20%~ or so while suiciding so should just kill them as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

A good group comb for the time run is anything with good ae dmg (ww monk, frost dk, dh, mm, mage and many more classes). Timerun starts when you open the door.

My group is packed with strong aoe classes so we dont even need invis pots (waste of resources imho) and the timer is long enough anyway.

Opera, maidroom, moroes, spiderportal - kurator.

We use lust on opera and kurator.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-12-16 at 12:58 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think group comp matters that much for NB as long as you don't bring multiple bad aoe specs or a full melee group as that would make it significantly more difficult. The worst comp I've successfully completed with was hpala/dps talented bear/ST talented ret/assa rogue/veng DH. Can't recommend.

Check video from Asmongold. Also if you happen to have a frost or blood DK enslave the Undead Valet - that guy will carry you through it. The one who is controlling him have to kill himself after spider crystal, but you can pick up the valet again for the bossfight.

Look here :
    It is true you can't do the quest anymore, but you don't need it to summon OG Nightbane now. Since the release of the new Kara all you have to do to fight the old Nightbane is click on the irn on the master's terrace.

ilvl is so high now, you literally can do it with any grp, im pretty sure you could take 3 of the worst aoe specs and still complete it. If you have 2 stuns in your grp you dont need to invis the firelands trash they die very quickly if you can kill them before they finish the casts.

but if you want optimal dps:

mage ww monk DH disc priest for extra dps and prot pala - but the timer is so easy to achieve now

Wed's run we had Shadow Priest, Ele Sham, Warlock, Restro Sham, Monk Tank.

I'm the warlock, and it's very easy to swap specs between affliction for great trash AoE and destro/demo for boss damage.

If you have a rogue in your group, you can use them to skip a couple extra trash pulls

Deleted
    its so fucking easy jeez cant you do anything without a guide or watching youtube videos of some rands pretending they have a big ****? jeez

Most groups use invis on firelands trash although personally I don't like it because I want to chug prolonged power steroids. If you have two aoe stun classes, you can pull the room and have them use stuns when mobs are past 50% hp. Its really not a problem.

Spiders depends on if you have a good tank. With good tanks its not a problem and you don't have to cheese.

Done it a few times now.
    Prot Paladin
    Frost DK
    DH
    Boomkin
    Resto Shaman

Opera > Maiden's Room > Moroes > Spider > Curator
    Use invisibility pots on firelands trash
    Save lust for Moroes and cleave the adds down.
    Pull Spiders at a relaxed pace so we don't overpull and mess it up.
    We're pretty aggressive the rest of the way.

my biggest adivice is just take an aoe oriented spec/talents, moroes is aoe, opera can be aoe, bosses you have to kill are aoe (curator is spread aoe), and god knows the trash is aoe and highly chain-pullable

Its fun that there is more than one way to do it. Personally, we found it easier to do spiders before moroes. I think a lot of people are not aware there is a path directly to the spider room from the hallway next to maiden. Doing spiders first lets you skip a full room of trash outside of moroes' room. (You can use that trash to kill you after Moroes for a free portal back to the start) Doing Moroes 4th means you can lust on opera and then again on Moroes. Curator should not require lust for any group capable of killing Nightbane, especially since you should reach Curator with a ton of time to spare if you execute the run correctly.

We run with Blood DK, Enhance, Rogue, Boomkin, Tree. Other than a few learning attempts in the first week, we generally don't have any issues.

Also, while learning the run, be sure to keep an alt with a fresh clear outside. If you screw up the run, disband your group and have the alt form a new one. Once everyone is inside, drop the alt and bring in your main. End result is you will have a fresh instance with all the crystals back up. Being able to do a few tries without blowing your lockout for the week is a big help when still figuring out your own route.

Deleted
    I am running with random people from pug... We are not creating special comps or special tactics. This run is tricky only first time.

Way described by hockenberry is perfectly fine.
    Last edited by mmoc5633d002d8; 2016-12-17 at 09:02 AM.