Tv or Gs for 7.1.5 frost mage

Guys with the changes atm do you all think gs or tv will be more viable in 715? I am struggling now to choose a build to stick to. Tv isnt very friendly in raids if there is big movement and there will be a void u cannot be casting ur frost bolts to get ur fof procs... i actually prefer the gs build and have spoken to a few top frost mages. However the decision is pretty split.. evandis says tv and razlopper says gs.. anyone has experience or opinion in ptr? Please comment.. thx

10+ Year Old Account
    Someonon the sUS Forum has said hat GS would be easier to play. I Wonder why. Can someone explainung or was He wrong?. I am struggling with so many Buttons so many ways of generating fof. Why is a extra Button easier to play?

Sorry for ninjaing your thread Mate ;-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Someonon the sUS Forum has said hat GS would be easier to play. I Wonder why. Can someone explainung or was He wrong?. I am struggling with so many Buttons so many ways of generating fof. Why is a extra Button easier to play?

Sorry for ninjaing your thread Mate ;-)
    It's easier because you only press 3 buttons. Frostbolt, Flurry and Glacial Spike, no IL, no Ebonbolt
    This guy has some crazy rankings
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=3

Back to topic, no idea. Frostbolt gets nerfed from 210% SP to 175%, so that Icicles also hit lower, but GS goes up from 750% SP to 1000%, although the Icicle damage should be the main damage part. Maybe I do some test when i'm back home.
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2016-12-16 at 11:54 AM.

help do some tests!! and lets all share ~_~

evandis seems to be doing ok on tv... though i feel its not too high with the 2 legendaries ~~ but it was a 300m sample.. very stable dps.

Quote Originally Posted by chengwee View Post
    help do some tests!! and lets all share ~_~

evandis seems to be doing ok on tv... though i feel its not too high with the 2 legendaries ~~ but it was a 300m sample.. very stable dps.
    You need high mastery for GS build.

How much

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    You need high mastery for GS build.
    i have around 80% atm but i feel its not too efficient in terms of output ~_~ maybe its because i dun have frost bolt relics

10% to RoP is a decent sized nerf to the spec too...plus is frost still losing the haste from frost armor? I don't see it being that good a spec in 7.1.5 considering its not that amazing as it is. Maybe Im wrong we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    It's easier because you only press 3 buttons. Frostbolt, Flurry and Glacial Spike, no IL, no Ebonbolt
    This guy has some crazy rankings
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=3

Back to topic, no idea. Frostbolt gets nerfed from 210% SP to 175%, so that Icicles also hit lower, but GS goes up from 750% SP to 1000%, although the Icicle damage should be the main damage part. Maybe I do some test when i'm back home.
    He is also iLvL 892 and appears to have 40+Artifact level. I wouldn't necessarily use him as an exemplar.

There are only 82 Frost mage parses for M: Guarm as well... so again, maybe not the best example.

Better example might be: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...y=4&bracket=15

Since a lot of people that would be respeccing frost are probably not mythic geared... giving them heroic parses might better show them what they are looking at.
    Last edited by bowchikabow; 2016-12-17 at 11:22 PM.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Deleted
    Its very hard to tell atm.

I think its likely that TV will be best, as you need a specially tailored set to make GS work (Pref 100%+ mastery and 3x Frostb relics). That, adding to RoP + Fbolt nerf is not great. The legendarys don't synergies well with GS either - and nighthold set is prob better for TV (Though 2 set is good for GS!).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    He is also iLvL 892 and appears to have 40+Artifact level. I wouldn't necessarily use him as an exemplar.

There are only 82 Frost mage parses for M: Guarm as well... so again, maybe not the best example.

Better example might be: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...y=4&bracket=15

Since a lot of people that would be respeccing frost are probably not mythic geared... giving them heroic parses might better show them what they are looking at.
    Sub 3 min kills are not great to measure strengths of a spec, especially during the early nighthold phase.

its been quoted that GS Scales better than TV

Glacial spike does 1000% SP as dmg on ptr so the frostobolt nerf is somewhat mitigated by base dmg buff
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

having tried on live.. it definitely feels like our burst is no longer as high.... dmg seems to have dropped. is GS dead? what do u guys think?