Page 1 of 52
... LastLast

What's the point of flying half a year away from now?

The biggest pain in the ass in this game is doing shit zones like Suramar city where you have to walk on egg shells and RP that you're Solid Snake ever 5 seconds to avoid the "HNNNGHHH WHO GOEZ THERE?" "WHAT ARE YOU HIDING GUYZ" bullshit, but once we get our artifact power and upgrades and shit why would I ever want to return ehre anyway? Why would i even do daily quests anymore anyway, expect for your rare upgrade and what not?

Why not give us lfying now? It won't change anything most the world is dying in activity now anyway since people finally realize the world quest logo is just another fancy word for "more daily quests that sound different but aren't that different overall"

Hell even the exploration argument is moot since there's exploits to fly around just enough for you to see the unreachable places in the game, so even if i get flying i've already seen everything that i couldn't as a ground mount peasant.

Don't worry, they've said that they want you to "never be done with world quests" which means expect more random crap that costs resources in the future that you'll never have enough of, or something else to keep dangling to nudge you into doing content you wouldn't otherwise bother with.

Flying is just to ease the pain of never truly being able to leave WQs behind and forget about them.

Yeah the problem is world/daily quests are an outdated boring concept. Flying would just make it more bearable but the real problem is the concept of doing the same set of quests every day/week.

Fun fact : there were no daily quests in vanilla.

The whole thing about flying is bullshit anyways. They just want everything to take longer for you to do so that you pay your subscription fee for a longer amount of time.

Because the deva are butt hurt you don't want to traverse high mountain for an 840 item. Lul

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    RP that you're Solid Snake
    I lol'd.

Suramar is an ugly fucking city as well. It took me 45 fucking minutes to figure out how to get upstairs for that Warden boss earlier this week. That cock ass place deserved the shit that happened to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    They just want everything to take longer for you to do so that you pay your subscription fee for a longer amount of time.
    Accept this truth, and all your pain will go away. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I lol'd.

Suramar is an ugly fucking city as well. It took me 45 fucking minutes to figure out how to get upstairs for that Warden boss earlier this week. That cock ass place deserved the shit that happened to it.
    It is a maze indeed. But ugly? I disagree. The aesthetic of the architecture is fantastic. A nice change from horrific orcish buildings.

Yeah I can't stand Suramar. This whole thing where they have to gate flying behind a bunch of BS is just retarded at this point. All the people that cried for no flying that probably aren't even playing anymore.. Smh.

Did I miss a release date for Broken Shore / 7.2? Is it really six months away? Dang.

I've had Pathfinder I for weeks and I'd level alts right now but have been holding out for flying.

Guess I can let my sub lapse for a while.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Yeah the problem is world/daily quests are an outdated boring concept. Flying would just make it more bearable but the real problem is the concept of doing the same set of quests every day/week.

Yes there were in a sense, and it was much worse. If you raided, you were going to spend all your off-time farming mats for consumables.

also not everybody hates suramar with a fiery passion of a thousand suns xD
    i kind of like suramar how you need to be carefull (mostly anyway :P), the only part of Suramar i truly dislike is the elite part in the lower northern part of the city.

also i find it sooooo unfortunate that the decided to have fell portals/fire/influences spread over the city

The tears are delicious.
    Flying was/is shit and shouldve never been added.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lol'd.

It took you 45 minutes to locate some stairs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Flying won't help. There is massive lack of content in WoW, not because of actual lack of content, but because of game pace. Game is too fast. Everything is too convenient, lacks depths, lacks player involvement.

With flying it would take even less time. It won't solve problem of lack of things to do, it will only make problem worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    But game was completely different. It had different pace, making everything longer. It had more depth. Everything required player involvement. There was no need for filler content and time gating.

It took a lot of time to do a simple dungeon because of need to find group, game mechanics that required players to cooperate, mechanics that slowed down pace. 1 dungeon run a day was a day well spent.

Now same amount content is done in 10-15 minutes. No downtime, no cooperation, no player involvement, nothing exciting to remember. Its like fast junk food joint.

I thought Suramar City was great. Exploring it and being careful of guards is a lot more engaging than flying over it and going back to afking in Dalaran.

7+ Year Old Account
    I lol'd.

45 Minutes? After I realized it wasn't apparent where it was, it took me more like 45 seconds to google that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    It took you 45 minutes to locate some stairs?
    YES. I thought it might be that grapple point but wasn't, then i thought there was something somewhere since I was already deeper into the city for the meter world quest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    It is a maze indeed. But ugly? I disagree. The aesthetic of the architecture is fantastic. A nice change from horrific orcish buildings.
    Meh, i like Orc architecture. I liked my garrison. It was what it was suppose to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Flying won't help. There is massive lack of content in WoW, not because of actual lack of content, but because of game pace. Game is too fast. Everything is too convenient, lacks depths, lacks player involvement.

With flying it would take even less time. It won't solve problem of lack of things to do, it will only make problem worse.

But game was completely different. It had different pace, making everything longer. It had more depth. Everything required player involvement. There was no need for filler content and time gating.

It took a lot of time to do a simple dungeon because of need to find group, game mechanics that required players to cooperate, mechanics that slowed down pace. 1 dungeon run a day was a day well spent.

Now same amount content is done in 10-15 minutes. No downtime, no cooperation, no player involvement, nothing exciting to remember. Its like fast junk food joint.
    It changed because people complained. And there isn't a "lack of content"
    People want to be able to consume all the content immediately. They also want to ignore 90% of the content too. It's really really strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    The whole thing about flying is bullshit anyways. They just want everything to take longer for you to do so that you pay your subscription fee for a longer amount of time.
    How is it different than movies, where action is like 20% and the rest is nonsense filler?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    It changed because people complained. And there isn't a "lack of content"
    People want to be able to consume all the content immediately. They also want to ignore 90% of the content too. It's really really strange.
    Yeah.
    People want:
    -neverending content
    -to consume all content NOW (cause fk gating)
    -content that caters to them specifically (and are very picky about it)

Its impossible to please everyone.