Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    No, but did Uber give any reason why I should trust their "investigation" either?
    What reason would they have to lie? So they con everyone into thinking their cars are super duper safe. They release the cars and all of the sudden accidents out the wazoo. Now they're getting sued by everybody and their mother and under investigation.

Do you guys just think they're going to release 1 ton death traps on the road that are prone to fail?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Do you guys just think they're going to release 1 ton death traps on the road that are prone to fail?
    Honestly, if they could, they would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Honestly, if they could, they would.
    Sure I guess and then lose everything after they've paid out all the settlements, fines, and would never recover from the bad PR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Do you pay a significantly cheaper price using a driverless car service?
    at the moment i dont think it would be cheaper, but in the future hopefully, it should be cheaper and safer.
    dragonmaw - EU

Sure I guess and then lose everything after they've paid out all the settlements, fines, and would never recover from the bad PR.
    You give too much credit to the average person who is only concerned with themselves and their pocket book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    You give too much credit to the average person who is only concerned with themselves and their pocket book.
    I've no doubts that companies/businesses like Uber are only out for themselves and the bottom line but the shitstorm they would be putting themselves in by fabricating stories about self driving safety and then releasing them to the public.. there wouldn't be any recovering from it. There's being short sighted with your money but that play would just be downright insanity.

I've no doubts that companies/businesses like Uber are only out for themselves and the bottom line but the shitstorm they would be putting themselves in by fabricating stories about self driving safety and then releasing them to the public.. there wouldn't be any recovering from it. There's being short sighted with your money but that play would just be downright insanity.
    Yeah, I was attempting a more broad comment on humans being shitty rather than this particular incident.

I've already pointed and laughed at the luddites.