[Books] Malazan Book of the Fallen

So I just finished The Crippled God and was looking for more. I was thinking of picking up the Kharkanas trilogy next, but was wondering if the other books Erickson wrote are related to the Malazan universe (the books like Blood Follows etc). Also, I saw there are a set of books written by Ian Esslemont called Novels of the Malazan Empire, are these books a lot like Erickson? A reason I really enjoyed MBotF is his world building, he is amazing at it. Would you say the same for Esslemont?

Also, I'd love to hear opinions on other series I should read (already have read ASOIAF, Witcher series, God Speaker).
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

If you like world building, read Brandon Sanderson.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've read all the book related to MbotF and loved them all. There's not much difference between Ian Esslemont and Erickson. You'll notice it but the books are just as good as the core series.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should look into the Prince of Nothing series & the Aspect-Emperor series by R. Scott Bakker. He has very heavy philosophical undertones and takes from Malazan Book of the Fallen, LotR/Hobbit, and Dune. It's one of the best stories I've experienced, but it's insanely dense, especially in the beginning. That said it really smooths out after the first book and has a fucking amazing world with really unique and interesting characters, monsters, and scenarios.
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2016-12-18 at 04:39 AM.