Poll: Which genre would you like to see make a comeback?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Turn based stuff like ff1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Turn-based RPGs. (HoMM 3)
    That's turn based strategy.

I liked the simplicity of tiger heli, mega man 3, tetris, ghouls n' ghosts, zelda 1, and bomber man, didn't like their sequels.

2d platformers (mario bros, donkey kong country, streets of rage)
    2d side scroller shooters (darius twin)
    2d top down shooters (firepower 2000)
    turn based rpgs (ff games up till 10)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to adore the early/mid 90s space sim shooters prior to the current generations of aids infected hyper complex controls. I dont need to learn how to fly an actual goddamn space ship, i just want to be in space blowing shit up in the middle of a cool story.

I was stoked about Star Citizen right up until i got to actually play an early version, then i wrote it off completely. Le trash. Elite Dangerous is just flat out boring. That was before the devs started cash-grabbing.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-12-19 at 10:40 PM.

I made this thread on multiple other forums (as I usually do) and this has GOT to be some of WORST replies I have EVER seen.

I hope that a moderator will step in and close this trainwreck soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    I made this thread on multiple other forums (as I usually do) and this has GOT to be some of WORST replies I have EVER seen.

I hope that a moderator will step in and close this trainwreck soon.
    Please do elaborate...
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always been a platforming/adventure guy so I loved playing awesome sidescrollers like Metal Slug, Contra, Donkey Kong Country, and Super Mario World and many others that I can't think of at the moment. I also greatly miss those arcade shooters. The ones where you pick up the gun and shoot at the screen, man those were fucking awesome. One of my all time favorites was Time Crisis 2. Then the beat 'em up games. One of my all time favorites was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I really miss old-school RTS games where you control an unique faction, building your own base and army, and having to expand for more resources like in Command & Conquer and Warcraft. Aside from SC2 there isn't any other game thats being talked about, we've had GreyGoo for some time but now its like it doesn't even exist anymore. And the game itself is fine, staying very loyal to its genre and old C&C feel. This genre has basically been torn apart with all the subgenres, especially MOBA.

2D Platformer are a lot of fun, but other then Nintendo I don't see anyone making them these days.

Maybe not a genre on itself, but I miss FPS games that were solely about the singleplayer with some fun steampunkish story and combat. These days FPS just focus on multiplayer alone, even Overwatch which won GOTY a lot of times doesn't even have a singleplayer.

Should add 3D platformer since its pretty much been dead for over a decade. Out of the poll I voted RTS because I really liked CoH, WC3, SC, AoM, and AoE2.

Dunno why you put 2D platformer considering how modern indie games are like 90% 2D platformers.

Turn base RPGs like the old school Final Fantasy games.

10+ Year Old Account
    where is the party based crpg genre?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.