Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    Indeed. I've just applied for Swedish citizenship, i'll forever be English though. Any kid i have that's born in Sweden will be half English as well.

I've read some retarded shite these last few pages.
    But your kid will be more Swedish than English IF it is born and raised here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Sure they can, but it doesn't make what I said any less valid. You should be concerned about the persons mental health over the method of killing.

Why does it matter if someone is shot or stabbed to death? Dead is dead. Most gun deaths in the USA are from gang violence, that has nothing to do with the legality of weapons. Criminals will be criminals.
    Because the odds of getting killed by a knife wielder are lower?

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Because the odds of getting killed by a knife wielder are lower?
    But again that isn't the issue, it's the person holding the knife or the gun is the issue in all scenarios.

Also it really depends on the determination. If someone comes at me with a knife and I'm unarmed and not trained in self defense, I'm going to die if they want me dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    A lot of people do. Now shut the fuck up.
    Your ancestral ethnicity is meaningless beyond being something to be personally interested in.

- - - Updated - - -

Also it really depends on the determination. If someone comes at me with a knife and I'm unarmed and not trained in self defense, I'm going to die if they want me dead.
    Completely untrue. There are infinitely more ways to defend oneself against a wielded knife than a drawn gun at range. Take into account the basic concepts of physical size and strength, both of which are rendered meaningless by guns at range, but can easily mean overpowering a knife-wielding assailant.

If a scrawny teenager tries to kill a 6'+ grown man who is aware of what's happening with a knife it's very likely that the teen will fail to kill the man and be disarmed through the sheer difference in strength. If that scrawny teenager tries to kill the same man with a gun at range, the man is likely going to get shot and killed.

There is a reason that guns are the weapon of choice for criminals - they are the best equalizers. They give the most power, and they can give it to the weakest of people.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-12-21 at 12:54 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmithc777 View Post
    I remember a time on this forum when Swedish posters were exactly like Canadian posters are now.

Fast forward nearly 10 years and you dont hear a pipsqueak from a Swede regarding immigration.

Immigration = Great for the economy..........but a bad experience for the individual?

It really does make me wonder how Canada will turn out.

Im from London and personally feel immigration has had a majority negative impact. Although im sure it has been "great for the economy".
    Reminds me of the last time I went to Canada to visit my cousins. For an entire week the first page of the news was about a gunfight between Jamaican and Haitian gangs. Since I'm also from the Caribbean the shame was real.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Completely untrue. There are infinitely more ways to defend oneself against a wielded knife than a drawn gun at range. Take into account the basic concepts of physical size and strength, both of which are rendered meaningless by guns at range, but can easily mean overpowering a knife-wielding assailant.
    I never said it was impossible, but personally I don't know krav maga so I don't know if I would be able to win that fight.. Also you're comparing two very differently powered people. An average adult male with a knife vs an average adult male without a knife isn't a fair fight.

If a scrawny teenager tries to kill a 6'+ grown man who is aware of what's happening with a knife it's very likely that the teen will fail to kill the man and be disarmed through the sheer difference in strength. If that scrawny teenager tries to kill the same man with a gun at range, the man is likely going to get shot and killed.
    If you have to make imbalanced scenarios for the person to win, then you know your argument is flimsy at best.

There is a reason that guns are the weapon of choice for criminals - they are the best equalizers. They give the most power, and they can give it to the weakest of people.
    And again banning guns doesn't take guns away from criminals, so it doesn't matter.

I agree that guns are a better killing tool, Knives are better killing tools than pencils too, my arguement is guns alone aren't dangerous, it's the people using them.

I do support stricter laws to keep guns away from unstable people and criminals.
    I don't support disarming law abiding citizens.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-12-21 at 01:09 AM.

But again that isn't the issue, it's the person holding the knife or the gun is the issue in all scenarios.

Yes it is the issue.

You can't know what a person is like, psychological tests don't mean shit.

But you know what a weapon is like. You know a gun makes it easy peasy to kill someone. So you fucking ban guns.

If someone comes at me with a knife and I'm unarmed and not trained in self defense, I'm going to die if they want me dead.
    No, not really. You can run.

It's pretty hard to run with a knife and stab someone while running. A guy with a knife also can't take on a group of people if they fight back. Pistol, very much possible.

With a pistol, you can just shoot the running person.

Yes it is the issue.

You can't know what a person is like, psychological tests don't mean shit.

But you know what a weapon is like. You know a gun makes it easy peasy to kill someone. So you fucking ban guns.
    Again the vast majority of gun deaths come from gangs, not random passion killings. So banning guns doesn't stop the majority.
    No, not really. You can run.
    For how long? How determined is the person with the knife?
    It's pretty hard to run with a knife and stab someone while running. A guy with a knife also can't take on a group of people if they fight back. Pistol, very much possible.
    What happens when they catch up or you can't run any more?
    With a pistol, you can just shoot the running person.
    What happens when they catch up or you can't run any more?

Thank you for not responding to the last part of my post, it's easier to perpetuate your narrative when you exclude half of my statement.

Maybe we could all learn something from the high population countries that have the lowest rates of violent crime.

Again the vast majority of gun deaths come from gangs, not random passion killings. So banning guns doesn't stop the majority.
    I doubt Europe has gang issues like the US has so that's irrelevant.

For how long? How determined is the person with the knife?
    Quite a bit. Long enough that you run into help.

One guy with a knife isn't that hard to take on by a group of people.

You're using ifs or buts but the simple fact here is that it's much easier to kill with a gun. It also has no practical use, while a knife has plenty. Guns were just made to kill people.

Hey look, another reasonable post stating the truth with the OP being banned.

Ho and the second post agreeing with him is also banned.

Nice.

I'll just post that here for the Americans (and Canadians) in deny of the reality over here :

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    Hey look, another reasonable post stating the truth with the OP being banned.]
    What truth? This self produced chart has been at the same level for the past 15 years. There is no increased levels of fear amongst people in Sweden. But then you don't actually care about the truth do you? Rather have some bullshit narrative to push.

(p.s if the OP doesn't want to get banned he should probably stop calling other nations "savages that need to be ended.")

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    a kebab pizza on your lap.
    Can confirm that kebab pizza has won me over.

Deleted
    It doesn't matter if Sweden is one of the safest countries in the world as long as people feel unsafe then facts don't matter, right? God. The rightfeelers are at it again with their fragile feelings.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel the headline is incorrect. Because it is only some of the population (about 20-25%) and not all swedes.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Oh, you poor naive fool. Gully Man, that's how it starts.

"I'll forever be English", they say. "It's just citizenship!". But then... the Swedish happen. You don't notice it at first - why would you? It's the little things. Perhaps just go out for a fika every once in a while. After all, "When in Rome(...)", right? But it doesn't end there. It never ends there. It becomes a weekly thing. Daily. You become hooked. "I'm still in control", you'll say, as you stuff your mouth with that last bit of chokladboll, "I can quit whenever I like!".

Days become weeks, weeks become months and before you know it you're sitting at the snack bar outside IKEA noming discount meatballs having just purchased a bookcase you can neither pronounce nor know how to assemble, pondering whether or not you can politely cancel your fika with Erik Karlsson from ICA so you can sit at home watching Bingolotto in your underwear with a kebab pizza on your lap.

@Xanjori was a Brit once.

Was.
    I have a love/hate relationship with fika. I do like a bit of cake, but i've put on about an extra 8kg since moving to Sweden.....

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Can confirm that kebab pizza has won me over.
    It's great. Not so great when you tell people back in England and they think you're an absolute wrong'un.
    Last edited by Gully Man; 2016-12-21 at 12:39 PM.

we on the south europe are proud of your Northern Europe system and countries please dont let fear destroy this .... Always remember fear is the worst enemy

if you dont conquer you fears you will become like us and then theres no hope........

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said it was impossible, but personally I don't know krav maga so I don't know if I would be able to win that fight.. Also you're comparing two very differently powered people. An average adult male with a knife vs an average adult male without a knife isn't a fair fight.
    You gave a blanket statement and i refuted it with hypothetical examples. That they were mismatched examples was entirely the point, because it demonstrated how incorrect you were.

You didn't clarify anything about the nature of the attacker or the victim. The fact is that even a paraplegic with a gun can still kill someone easily, while they cannot do the same with a knife. Guns can inflict damage more easily, from a safer range, even by people who are physically frail.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-12-21 at 05:19 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

You gave a blanket statement and i refuted it with hypothetical examples. That they were mismatched examples was entirely the point, because it demonstrated how incorrect you were.
    If a newborn baby tried to kill me I could defend myself.

You proved me wrong by strawmanning? You can't be serious.

You didn't clarify anything about the nature of the attacker or the victim. The fact is that even a paraplegic with a gun can still kill someone easily, while they cannot do the same with a knife. Guns can inflict damage more easily, from a safer range, even by people who are physically frail.
    Yet knives can still kill people. Again the issue is the person not the weapon. If the paraplegic peron was in a motorized scooter I wouldnt be able to out run him if he had a knife anyways. Ban mobility scooters.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-12-21 at 06:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    I have a love/hate relationship with fika. I do like a bit of cake, but i've put on about an extra 8kg since moving to Sweden.....
    You know Sweden have excellent sporting facilities, you should find a sport that you enjoy. Only to shock foreign readers, submachine gun shooting is a recognized sport in Sweden, its a relic of the Cold War.