Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Movie] Blade Runner 2049

So, I got banned for bumping the old BR2 thread, even though new info allows doing that..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1856101/
    http://twitter.com/hashtag/bladerunner2049?src=hash

Now this is how you make hype with a website!
    http://roadto2049.bladerunnermovie.com/

http://www.scified.com/news/blade-ru...date-announced
    Blade Runner 2049 trailer runtime and release date announced!

As we continue to hold out for the highly anticipated teaser trailer for Ridley Scott's Alien: Covenant which is expected to drop before Christmas, sci-fi fans can look forward to another anticipated trailer to air this month - the first trailer for Denis Villeneuve's Blade Runner sequel, Blade Runner 2049!

Consumer Protection BC have just classified the trailer and released its runtime, which clocks in at just over 1 1/2 minutes. The trailer is expected to be attached to PASSENGERS, but may also preview with select Rogue One: A Star Wars Story screenings.
    latest news
    http://uproxx.com/movies/blade-runne...licant-status/

‘Blade Runner 2049’ Isn’t Going To Bother Addressing Deckard’s Replicant Status.

#BLADE RUNNER
    JILL PANTOZZI

If you were hoping Blade Runner 2049 would address the long-argued “Is Decakrd a replicant?” question, you’re out of luck. Turns out director Denis Villeneuve (Sicario) isn’t planning to get into that at all, which should make for some interesting interviews with Harrison Ford down the road I’m sure.

Villeneuve is directing this sequel coming straight off his work on Arrival with a script and story by Hampton Fancher, Michael Green, and Ridley Scott. Set for a October 6, 2017 release, the film will star a returning Ford as Rick Deckard, Ryan Gosling, Robin Wright, Jared Leto, Mackenzie Davis, Dave Bautista, and more. When Halt and Catch Fire’s Davis was added to the cast I theorized she could be playing a Pris model considering her dramatic resemblance to original star Daryl Hannah but that didn’t help me come to terms with how they would address Ford/Deckard’s aging if he is, as Scott has attested, a replicant.

After seeing Blade Runner for the first time I was surprised to learn anyone thought Deckard was a replicant as I didn’t actually take anything remotely like that from the film. It was a while later I found out Scott’s Director’s Cut actually tried to make sense of this and even later when someone finally got him to say, “He is definitely a replicant.” So why wouldn’t the sequel address this?
    I wonder if they can recreate the look of the old movie, or at least the feel of it..
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-09-08 at 08:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

oooo this looks like it might be good, i love the original bladerunner... i hope they keep the same type of music from the original

Deleted
    Cannot hold excitement. Bladerunner is one of the great gods of Sci-Fi. MUST HAVE.

This one has "unecessary sequel to cash in" written all over it, despite the appealing director and cast. Movies like Blade Runner do not need sequels, they work far better as one offs that leaves the future ambiguous and free for intrepetation.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

There was already a thread on this. You shouldn't make duplicate threads.

────────────────────────────── ────
    ────────────██████████──────── ────
    ────────███████████████████─── ────
    ──────███████████████████████─ ────
    ────██████████████████████████ ────
    ───█████████████▀──────────▀██ █───
    ──█████████████──────────────█ ██──
    ─████████████────────────────█ ███─
    ─██████████─────────────────── ███─
    ██████████▀─────────────────── ████
    ████████▀───────────────────── ████
    ██████▀─────────────────────── ─███
    █████──▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄────▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄─ ─███
    █████────▄▄▄▄▄────────▄▄▄▄▄─── ─███
    █████──▄▀───▄██▄────▄▀───▄██▄─ ─███
    █████──▀▄───▀▀█▀────▀▄───▀▀█▀─ ─███
    █▀──█────▀▀▀▀▀────────▀▀▀▀▀─── ─███
    █───█───────────────────────── ─█─█
    █────────────────────▄──────── ───█
    █───────────▄▀────────▀▄────── ───█
    ▀█─▄█───────▀▄─▀██──██──────── ───█
    ─▀██────────────────────────── ──██
    ──██────▄▀▀──────█─█──────▀▀▄─ ─██─
    ───█──────█▀▄────▀─▀────▄▀█─── ─█──
    ───█──────▀──▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀──▀─── ─█──
    ───▀█───────────────────────── █▀──
    ────▀█───────────────────────█ ▀───
    ─────▀█─────────────────────█▀ ────
    ──────▀█───────────────────█▀─ ────
    ───────▀█─────────────────█▀── ────
    ────────▀█───▄───────▄───█▀─── ────
    ─────────▀█▄──▀▄▄▄▄▄▀──▄█▀──── ────
    ───────────▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀────── ────

-Infracted-
    Last edited by Sykol; 2016-12-19 at 08:49 PM.

Deleted
    Grace's reaction

Blade Runner 2049 Trailer Reaction
    Beyond The Trailer
    Dec 19, 2016
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvhqdF9meuM

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    This one has "unecessary sequel to cash in" written all over it, despite the appealing director and cast. Movies like Blade Runner do not need sequels, they work far better as one offs that leaves the future ambiguous and free for intrepetation.
    Ridley Scott doesnt strike me as the "Cash Cow" type otherwise he would still be doing gladiator sequels.

Plus getting Ryan Gosling AND Harrison Ford? The script must be good.

I am excite.

7+ Year Old Account
    This thread just told me this exists, i cannot contain my hype

the trailer proves deckard isnt a replicant either cause he aged so much : P
    Last edited by monkmastaeq; 2016-12-20 at 08:35 AM.

"Things were simpler then"

Nice reference to the jump in technology with filming sci fi and what I assume will be a theme in the film with more sophisticated replicates sounds good already.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Harrison Ford? The script must be good.
    I have no idea who the other one is but Harrison Ford is not guarantee of quality, he's been part of many terrible movies :P

As far as Ridley Scott goes, he's not invincible either. Not all of his movies have been great, he also has quite some below the belt performances in movie making.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    I have no idea who the other one is but Harrison Ford is not guarantee of quality, he's been part of many terrible movies :P

As far as Ridley Scott goes, he's not invincible either. Not all of his movies have been great, he also has quite some below the belt performances in movie making.
    Ridley Scott is only the producer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Ridley Scott is only the producer.
    I do know that, your point being?

Deleted
    I do know that, your point being?
    That it's not the same point as Harrison not guaranteeing quality - This isn't Ridleys movie. I'm glad it isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Queue he-man OH YEAH.gif

Old man Harrison Ford is a good sign. How many movies do you see him in these days? He's just taken one MASSIVE star wars cheque. Gotta be a good project to draw him out of his mansion

It's been 35 years since the last one. I hope this movie is getting made because they actually have an interesting story to tell. Not because Harrison is getting old and nostalgia.

Old man Harrison Ford is a good sign. How many movies do you see him in these days? He's just taken one MASSIVE star wars cheque. Gotta be a good project to draw him out of his mansion
    Not sure what you're talking about. He's been making movies pretty regularly. It's not like he's ever 'gone away.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Not exactly true, because he just likes being back in the spotlight as if he isn't just another washed up old fuck. Has no bearing whatsoever on whether the movie will be any good.

Need I remind you of this?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Yeah Harrison Ford has been making movies pretty steadily.