Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Not exactly true, because he just likes being back in the spotlight as if he isn't just another washed up old fuck. Has no bearing whatsoever on whether the movie will be any good.

Need I remind you of this?
    Wp sir

Alien skull n all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I have no idea who the other one is but Harrison Ford is not guarantee of quality, he's been part of many terrible movies
    Ryan Gosling is a good actor who typically does not accept shallow roles. He acts just as well with his body language and mannerisms as he does with dialogue. You should consider checking out the movie "Drive". Just don't go in expecting an action packed thrill ride. It's more of a moody, almost dreamlike and atmospheric film, and he's great in it.

7+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Not exactly true, because he just likes being back in the spotlight as if he isn't just another washed up old fuck. Has no bearing whatsoever on whether the movie will be any good.

Need I remind you of this?
    The Movie was fine except for Shia & the Monkey Scene

You People react like there was never any stupid Stuff in the first 3 Movies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post

Surviving a nuclear blast in a fridge? And then surviving the blunt force trauma of being launched across the desert in said fridge?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Hello world. This is how false equivalence looks like.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Surviving a nuclear blast in a fridge? And then surviving the blunt force trauma of being launched across the desert in said fridge?
    Movie 1-3 says Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Movie 1-3 says Hi
    Convincing argument, Junior.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Jumping out of a crashing airplane and landing on a inflatable raft to then ride through the mountains called and said nah, fridge is far fetched. There are a couple segments in Doom that are way out there when it comes to real life physics. Take the bridge scene, the mine kart scene.

The opening boat scene in Last Crusade where he just leaps off into a storm in what appears to be the ocean. Raiders probably has the fewest far fetched scenes, you know despite the arc opening closing your eyes being enough not to be fried by the Arc, which I get is part of the myth of the arc or whatever, but lets not pretend Jones hasn't defied physics and blunt force trauma before. Use of the Whip. The guy crashes a decent amount of planes and cars and just up and runs off.

While Skull is the worst, the worst parts are the shit CGI, Shia, the Monkeys, and lastly the fridge scene which is really just more over the top. The story is also the least engaging of all of them. It is just generally a poor movie and a poor ending for Indy.

OT: Super pumped for this as it isn't a reboot. I'm glad Deckard may not be a replicant, despite Scott. Glad Gossling is in on this as I enjoy him and feel he'll suit the franchise with his acting. Looks good so far from an atmosphere perspective. Hope it keeps true to a Cyber Punk nature and doesn't go full on action flick.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2016-12-22 at 07:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Blade runner still connected or in the same universe as the Alien franchise?

This shit had my hype boner getting stroked vigorously when I saw Denis Villeneuve is directing. Sicario, Arrival, Prisoners...all fuckin' brilliant.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Convincing argument, Junior.
    So what kid.. if you dont get i that 1-3 have the same bullshit than thats your problem.

but ALIENS and nuclear blast fridge

Deleted
    Teaser trailer, Trailer 2 comes this Monday..

some generic action sound/music for trailers...me not like..

old soundtrack, good quality sounds I guess
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-05-06 at 06:41 PM.

I think this is a movie that may have been best left alone...

It'll be interesting if this somehow turns out to be a huge financial success, but I fear the nostalgia of the original may set the bar for success too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I think this is a movie that may have been best left alone...

It'll be interesting if this somehow turns out to be a huge financial success, but I fear the nostalgia of the original may set the bar for success too high.
    The original isnt going anywhere. People expecting a good film is a good thing. If it doesn't live up to the lofty heights of the original thats ok as long as its not too far down into bargin bin territory

Still baffeled that they chose Gosling, he's better suited for romantic comedies and chick flicks, can't portray depth at all.
    Last edited by Waynhim; 2017-05-08 at 06:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    Still baffeled that they chose Gosling, he's better suited for romantic comedies and chick flicks, can't portray depth at all.
    Did you see Drive?

Deleted

Hmmm. The trailer is growing on me, my faith lies with Villeneuve.

The Good:

Harrison Ford
    Villeneuve

The Bad

I wish the trailer music was more rooted in either Vangelis or cyberpunk, but well it's only a trailer

Daryl Hannah and Sean Young were outstanding in the original. The new ladys have some big ass expectations to fill.

I guess Jared Leto is the villain, but the first time I watched the trailer, I even forgot he was in it. So I'm not really convinced of his ability to villainy.

Please, let the love story make sense and not just be there, because romance needs to be in a movie like seatbelts in a car. Then again, Villeneuve is not gushy about emotional displays and in the first/original Blade Runner, the love story between Deckhard and Rachael was a vehicel to show us who he really is.

Deleted
    Spoiler from the Blade Runner that never ended into the movie. Can be found from the extras on of the Blue Rays:

When Roy Batty went to see mr. Tyrell and cracked his skull open, he found out that Eldon Tyrell was a replicant also.
    Then he went a few floors up to see something, disturbing. There was some sort of capsule with Eldon Tyrell inside it.

Deleted
    I wish the trailer music was more rooted in either Vangelis or cyberpunk, but well it's only a trailer
    Weird, I loved the vibe of the music in the trailer. That good old retro vibe it has, fits the trailer perfectly.

I guess Jared Leto is the villain, but the first time I watched the trailer, I even forgot he was in it. So I'm not really convinced of his ability to villainy.
    True, but then again he only has like 6 seconds of screentime in the trailer, and I guess he'll be working from the backlines most of the movie so.