Deleted

Is there something wrong with unholy pvp?

I've recently tried again unholy on pvp with some flexible build including clawing shadows (because mages are cancer).

I've tried it on a battleground and seemed to do 0 damage, of course I was bursting those wounds, not just spamming CS but even so the damage was barely noticeable, the diseases are very weak dots that put no pressure, the pet gets two shotted and the archer pet is useless or bugged.

I played unholy during pre patch and it was pretty good in pvp. But now it seems like their template is very bad or there is some scaling issue. Its not even about mobility, the damage is not there. Is this a typical Blizzard "you have choice but please go frost" thing they do with every class when balancing?

Deleted
    unholy in BGs is a monster.
    In 2v2 it's decent with a disco priest (like every other dps class)
    in 3v3 it shines with affli/shadowpriest/ww monk.

there's nothing wrong with the spec unless u wanna go over 2k rating. you have two choices : a necro build or a damage one. in any case unholy doesn't have BIG numbers, it has a shit load of dmg split between 1000 abilities : disease, pet, SS split dmg, wounds, garg etc., it adds up and it does a lot of damage, I found no problem keeping damage numbers and pressure in 2v2, except for a DH that cleaves (which rarely happens).

In pvp you should always use all will serve because timmy tends to die, you lose 1 GCD to resummon him , they lose 3-4 to kill him, a fair trade. the archer isn't bugged and he does good damage. Unholy is also very tanky especially vs casters, our mobility is dogshit, that's about it.

A necro build is also extremely potent with the right partner. Dark simulacrum is also very powerful vs just about any CC spammer. All in all I find unholy powerful, balanced and very good in the right hands.

Your QQ thread screams : "make me OP blizz"

Quote Originally Posted by angmaar View Post

there's nothing wrong with the spec unless u wanna go over 2k rating. you have two choices : a necro build or a damage one. in any case unholy doesn't have BIG numbers, it has a shit load of dmg split between 1000 abilities : disease, pet, SS split dmg, wounds, garg etc., it adds up and it does a lot of damage, I found no problem keeping damage numbers and pressure in 2v2, except for a DH that cleaves (which rarely happens).

In pvp you should always use all will serve because timmy tends to die, you lose 1 GCD to resummon him , they lose 3-4 to kill him, a fair trade. the archer isn't bugged and he does good damage. Unholy is also very tanky especially vs casters, our mobility is dogshit, that's about it.

A necro build is also extremely potent with the right partner. Dark simulacrum is also very powerful vs just about any CC spammer. All in all I find unholy powerful, balanced and very good in the right hands.

Hi there!

I like to play unholy in battlegrounds, aside from all will serve, any other talent tips? I main unholy, but mostly stick to PvE.

Deleted

The last sentence was completely unnecessary as I'm not the kind of guy to FOTM. I play casually, I don't care for arena. I just think that unholy is clearly not as good as it was during pre patch. There is a reason why people play frost mostly.

- - - Updated - - -

And the archer pet is bugged or has atrocious AI, thats a fact, even against a practice target dummy it doesn't respond well and uses the AOE ability instead of its single target, unless it was patched recently
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2016-12-20 at 02:06 PM.

Deleted
    Nothing wrong, but not rewarding as Frost.

When you play Frost, you litteraly spam stuff until your target dies. You just don't give any moment to your target. You keep pushing them. You can't do that with UH as the spec is based on ramp up times and more CDs. You need to plan more and that takes much higher skill to achieve the same.

Basicly, it takes less from you as Frost. That means you shouldn't take the more bumpy road(esp. when you hit higher rankings). I expect this will last until the end of expansion, simple because of the nature on how they play.

I gotta admitt that, and im the biggest UH fan around.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-12-20 at 02:15 PM.

Nothing wrong with UH, but there are a few differences comparing to frost. While UH can have a higher burst when you pop everything on a target, after that your damage drops considerably, its not bad damage just much less, while frost has lesser CDs to worry about and a better sustained damage and better pressure even without it main dps CD.

Just spread aids on everything and spam Epidemic. Thats how you play UH in BGs, huge over all damage. I prefer the burst of fDKs though, just train a target (healers mostly) untill they die.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Unholy was at it's PVP peak in MoP in my opinion.

MoP Necrotic Strike made Unholy a force to be reckoned with.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Just spread aids on everything and spam Epidemic. Thats how you play UH in BGs, huge over all damage. I prefer the burst of fDKs though, just train a target (healers mostly) untill they die.
    Thats how bad or dumb ppl play unholy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    Unholy was at it's PVP peak in MoP in my opinion.

MoP Necrotic Strike made Unholy a force to be reckoned with.
    We still have Necrotic Strike.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but compare it to MoP necrotic strike.

Legion NS is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Well, he said he wanted to do damage, and that is a way to easely get top damage. If he wants to focus down single targets etc, it is indeed dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Can you please outline the different kinds of builds you would use in different setups?

Like abovementioned necro or damage one, what to use in bgs and arenas?

Not asking for like a full guide, just some basic outlines to get started.

standard for Arena PvP

All will serve (its basicly a the strongest DoT available and allows infinite ghoul resummons)
    Blighted Rune weapon (allows you to forgoe GCDs on FS and spam NS into kill target for burst windows)
    Clawing Shadows (cant get any crit for Cast and UF just doesnt work for PvP meta (high uptime))
    Asphyxiate (abom second grip is useful depending on the comp)
    Corpse Shield
    Necrosis
    Dark Arbiter (some prefer Soul reaper but its harder to burst 3 wound without cast like in PvE and sometimes u dont due to NS, also harder to get up wounds)

Gladiator's Medallion
    Sparring vs melee comps / hardiness vs caster comps
    Dark sim for arena / AMZ for RBGs
    Decomp vs Necrotic depends on your team
    Crypt fever
    Necrotic strike (Unholy mutation for BGs if u want)

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    standard for Arena PvP

All will serve (its basicly a the strongest DoT available and allows infinite ghoul resummons)
    Blighted Rune weapon (allows you to forgoe GCDs on FS and spam NS into kill target for burst windows)
    Clawing Shadows (cant get any crit for Cast and UF just doesnt work for PvP meta (high uptime))
    Asphyxiate (abom second grip is useful depending on the comp)
    Corpse Shield
    Necrosis
    Dark Arbiter (some prefer Soul reaper but its harder to burst 3 wound without cast like in PvE and sometimes u dont due to NS, also harder to get up wounds)

Gladiator's Medallion
    Sparring vs melee comps / hardiness vs caster comps
    Dark sim for arena / AMZ for RBGs
    Decomp vs Necrotic depends on your team
    Crypt fever
    Necrotic strike (Unholy mutation for BGs if u want)
    cheers for that writeup