Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Sweden plans to advance UN resolution condemning Israeli settlements, FM says

http://www.i24news.tv/en/news/intern...ements-fm-says

FM Wallstrom, who was warmly received in Ramallah, says 'Palestinians are beginning to lose hope'
    Swedish Foreign Minister Margot Wallstrom has said that her country plans to advance a UN Security Council resolution condemning Israeli settlements when it assumes the council presidency in January.

Wallstrom told Palestinian officials during a visit to Ramallah Friday that she had discussed the upcoming presidency with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and Foreign Minister Riyad al-Maliki, Swedish newspaper Expressen reported.

“We hope that it will be possible for the Security Council to adopt a resolution on the settlements,” she said, according to the report.

“Sweden’s policy aims to create a future in which Israel and Palestine can live side by side,” Wallstrom said, Expressen reported. “It is deeply worrying that young Palestinians are beginning to lose hope for the future after 50 years of occupation.”

While Wallstrom spent two days in the West Bank meeting Palestinian officials, the Israeli government refused to meet with her.

With no Israeli officials being willing to meet the envoy, who has on several occasions rankled Jerusalem with comments about Israeli policies, Wallström met solely with representatives of the Palestinian Authority.

This follows a request by the Swedish government last week to arrange meetings for Wallström with Netanyahu, who serves as Israel's foreign minister.

Israel's official explanation is scheduling conflicts, but a senior Foreign Ministry source told Israeli daily Haaretz that the true reason is disappointment with Sweden's stance on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the envoy's comments in particular.

“We reached the conclusion that there’s nobody to talk to and nothing to talk about,” the source told the newspaper.

Wallstrom has frequently been a vocal critic of Israeli policies. Last year for example, she called for an investigation into alleged extrajudicial killings of Palestinians. Israel's Foreign Ministry has said that Wallstrom was "giving support to terror and thus encouraging violence" and called her statements "irresponsible and delusional."

However, Swedish opposition leader Anna Kinberg Batra told Israeli lawmakers in September that the minister is opposed to the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement.

Sweden was the first Western European country to recognize a state of Palestine back in October 2014, a move that Israel strongly condemned.

Back in January 2015, Wallstrom said that Israel has angered close allies with its harsh response to her country’s decision to recognize a Palestinian state, adding that its criticism had “crossed the boundaries.”

“It has not only irritated us, but the Americans and everyone who has anything to do with them right now," she said at the time
    I don't see how anyone with integrity or a conscience could not support the Foreign Minister.
    Let's hope the world can come together and make a stand for what is right.

If a country breaks international law, blockades and occupies another country and enforces apartheid, the entire world needs to act against that country.
    Last edited by Tennis; 2016-12-19 at 04:39 PM.

Deleted
    LOL, good luck with that after Trump becomes president and Friedman the new ambassador. They'll probably dismantle Palestine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    LOL, good luck with that after Trump becomes president and Friedman the new ambassador. They'll probably dismantle Palestine.
    Fine by me.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Fine by me.
    And you think this doubling down will work how? Seriously asking this because are you expecting them to just bow down and say ''yes overlords''?

in the end any condemning Isreal will be meaningless if nobody actually punishes them, the saying barking dogs don't bite would be appropriate but just that in this case they aren't even barking.

I stand with Sweden against Israel who I understand to be committing crimes against humanity and genocide against the innocent Palestinian people.

Oh shit, Sweden is on the case now watch out Israel.

Well I think this makes sense. Sweden, like all Muslim nations, feels an obligation to oppose the existence of Israel.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-12-21 at 05:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    And you think this doubling down will work how? Seriously asking this because are you expecting them to just bow down and say ''yes overlords''?

in the end any condemning Isreal will be meaningless if nobody actually punishes them, the saying barking dogs don't bite would be appropriate but just that in this case they aren't even barking.
    Because this Palestine people keep referring to isn't actually a thing. And because Israel walks a rough road due to the fact it is quite literally surrounded by people who want them exterminated. Sweden and the UN can shove it. Europe has only had a taste of what terrorism looks like with its recent attacks. Israelis live that stuff every day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    Well I think this makes sense. Sweden, like all Muslim nations, feels an obligation to oppose the existence of Israel.
    Dammmmnnn. That rock was sunk and hit nothing but net on the way in. 10+
    MAGA

That biased hag actually thought that somebody is going to meet with her after her comments? truly delusional just like her country as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Israel has nukes and is backed by the entire US military.

This hilarious meme of Israel being this poor little oppressed state with no power surrounded by mean Muslims needs to die.
    Of course they have power. The fact they are still there and haven't been driven into the sea yet kinda reflects that. But still those Israelis live in a real 100% substantiated daily fear they they will become the next victim of a terror attack. If they have to get rough to safeguard themselves from extermination then that's fine by me.
    MAGA

Of course they have power. The fact they are still there and haven't been driven into the sea yet kinda reflects that. But still those Israelis live in a real 100% substantiated daily fear they they will become the next victim of a terror attack. If they have to get rough to safeguard themselves from extermination then that's fine by me.
    Well let's look at Israel neighbours. 2 have full peace treaty and love western military equipment too much to do anything. 2 others are full of internal issues they're not going to be a problem and Saudi who are too worried about Iran to care about Israel.

Then there is the Palestinian territories which are nternationally recognised as occupied territories, with population there dating back thousand + years. They shouldn't be told to gtfo of areas they've lived in for generations.

Because this Palestine people keep referring to isn't actually a thing. And because Israel walks a rough road due to the fact it is quite literally surrounded by people who want them exterminated. Sweden and the UN can shove it. Europe has only had a taste of what terrorism looks like with its recent attacks. Israelis live that stuff every day.

- - - Updated - - -

Dammmmnnn. That rock was sunk and hit nothing but net on the way in. 10+
    Gee, I wonder who destabilised the middle east...

I doubt you'd appreciate it if suddenly people moved into your house and kicked you out, because their great great grand parents used to live in that house. But who cares about that, "ancestral land" and all that.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-12-21 at 06:35 AM.

Infracted
    why so sensitive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Deleted
    0If they have to get rough to safeguard themselves from extermination then that's fine by me.
    So to safegrad themself they must build setlements on on occupied land.....

7+ Year Old Account
    jesus, I have been on this site too long, i agree with tennis on something. I mean its cold in canada but im sure hell hasnt frozen over

Deleted
    Hahahaha.

No.

Israel is the only nation that should be recognized, there is no Palestine.

- - - Updated - - -

Infracted
    Roflmao.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Gee, I wonder who destabilised the middle east...

I doubt you'd appreciate it if suddenly people moved into your house and kicked you out, because their great great grand parents used to live in that house. But who cares about that, "ancestral land" and all that.
    You think Israel is the reason the Middle East is the earths poop hole? Israel is probably the only reason their has been momentary periods of peace in that region when all the Muslim dominated countries banded together in their common hatred for Jews. The Middle East isn't going to be some beach paradise if Israel ever gets demolished.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    So to safegrad themself they must build setlements on on occupied land.....
    They are on their land they can build what they want.
    MAGA

We in Israel take the UN and Sweden very seriously. Honestly we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    The people you are calling "terrorists" are in fact "freedom-fighters", no amount of stabbings is going to change this.

why so sensitive?
    There are times when the infraction is totally worth it. This was one of those times.