Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How do we even aoe large packs in 7.1.5?

Currently we can sear a friendly melee on huge weak creature pulls like arcway slimes/rats, EoA crabs, VoW imps for like 30~40k DPS
    How do we even aoe them in 715? do we just go afk? :0

DoT up the highest health target and Mind Flay it.
    Talent Shadow Crash and use it instead.
    /cry or /dance in the corner, depending on how you're feeling.

Packs like the first pull in arcway will actually be a legitimate concern. You can't dot a target up, as they all have sub 1M hp. Shadow crash every 30 sec won't be enough. hmm

get carried by flame wreath same as now

Spec holy, use holy words until baby na'aru comes out, holy nova. Wait, suggesting that is going to get my world questing nerfed.... never mind.

What does that even matter? Other classes have short aoe bursts, that's fine.

I haven't even been worrying about aoe in Legion content, i've been thinking this whole time about what a pain in the ass it's going to be to clear old dungeons and raids without Mind Sear. Nothing except MoP/WoD/Legion content will live long enough to actually dot and aoe with mind flay. Anything older than that i'm figuring we'll have to just flat out spam SW: P on every pack instead of just using 1 button to aoe them like we can right now.

Unless Mind Flay still does aoe damage when there's no dots on the target, but I don't think that's actually a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritsurge View Post
    I haven't even been worrying about aoe in Legion content, i've been thinking this whole time about what a pain in the ass it's going to be to clear old dungeons and raids without Mind Sear. Nothing except MoP/WoD/Legion content will live long enough to actually dot and aoe with mind flay. Anything older than that i'm figuring we'll have to just flat out spam SW: P on every pack instead of just using 1 button to aoe them like we can right now.

Unless Mind Flay still does aoe damage when there's no dots on the target, but I don't think that's actually a thing.
    Spec holy and holy nova like a boss.

Shadow crash for old content, just grab everything and kill at once

We don't aoe. That's a wonderful blizzard's game design 404 since, well, forever.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

man this 7.1.5 AOE is worse than popping out of shadow form and holy nova lol,
    i thought nothing could be worse than popping out and nova, they did it

Dot the highest health baddy and flay the fuck out of it.

Honestly, we've never really had decent AoE burst and never were designed that way regardless. We're high sustained DPS, with us shining the longer a fight progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Dot the highest health baddy and flay the fuck out of it.

Honestly, we've never really had decent AoE burst and never were designed that way regardless. We're high sustained DPS, with us shining the longer a fight progresses.
    If I recall correctly, Mind Sear was fairly OK in WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    DoT up the highest health target and Mind Flay it.
    Talent Shadow Crash and use it instead.
    /cry or /dance in the corner, depending on how you're feeling.
    And when they all have the same (low) health?
    Then the target we dot up will always die first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    We don't aoe. That's a wonderful blizzard's game design 404 since, well, forever.
    Oh we will.
    Whenever there is some CC around we will AoE it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vained View Post
    If I recall correctly, Mind Sear was fairly OK in WotLK.
    Right, but I don't think you can consider it as burst AoE though, it was also pretty decent in MoP by that same metric.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    What does that even matter? Other classes have short aoe bursts, that's fine.
    because as it happens right now, nobody wants SPriests in, for example, high level mythic+. They're so bad in them it's not even funny, and I'm not even a priest saying this.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    because as it happens right now, nobody wants SPriests in, for example, high level mythic+. They're so bad in them it's not even funny, and I'm not even a priest saying this.
    Then watch a real sp doing a high level mythic. They doing twice as much damage as everyone else total. This thread is just for very low mythic steamrolls, where adds die faster than we can apply dots and in that case it's fine for us to not dominate on this as well.

Then watch a real sp doing a high level mythic. They doing twice as much damage as everyone else total. This thread is just for very low mythic steamrolls, where adds die faster than we can apply dots and in that case it's fine for us to not dominate on this as well.
    Twice...? My monk and my dh buddy do 550~800k overall dps consistently, I think spriests can only do similar dps at best.

Quote Originally Posted by danieltang34 View Post
    Twice...? My monk and my dh buddy do 550~800k overall dps consistently, I think spriests can only do similar dps at best.
    Would love to see someone doing 800k dps total in a high mythic level dungeon. Feel free to provide logs.

Would love to see someone doing 800k dps total in a high mythic level dungeon. Feel free to provide logs.
    More than easy when ur doing MoS+9 3 chest
    Depends how u define high level mythics