Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Fire Mage Mythic Raid DPS Help

Just looking for help with where I can increase my dps because I am quite below what simcraft states I should be doing. From what I can tell, My opener dps is on point but as the fight progresses my dps just slowly drops below where I should be. Simcraft states I should be able to sustain about 418k dps the last time I checked.

Armory: Magache on Arthas
    Logs: /reports/rxPXkQjp7BHmAqh3
    /reports/WKpqgNyAcLzRrTV3#type=damage-done

Can't post URLs because new account.

Deleted
    simcrafts should always be taken with a grain of salt as they are generally not that precise and should only really be used to get stat weights.

Deleted
    Write a letter to santa for better legendaries.

I nearly cried when i saw you have Belovir and arans. So sad t.t

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    simcrafts should always be taken with a grain of salt as they are generally not that precise and should only really be used to get stat weights.
    Simcraft is actually a pretty close representation of your practical output, which seems a wee bit low considering your gear.

I'm assuming these logs were made by someone in the portal group at dragons?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    I don't think you understand how simulations and statistics work. 418k is the average of the n amount of simulations and is in fact very precise. One or two bad tries below this threshhold (given similar circumstances as the simcraft scenario) shouldn't be too much of a dealbreaker, but if you can never make it over what you're simming to, then there's definitely something wrong. Especially as many use 450 sec combat duration as their norm and measure up against an ursoc fight which is usually only half the duration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwazz View Post
    I don't think you understand how simulations and statistics work. 418k is the average of the n amount of simulations and is in fact very precise. One or two bad tries below this threshhold (given similar circumstances as the simcraft scenario) shouldn't be too much of a dealbreaker, but if you can never make it over what you're simming to, then there's definitely something wrong. Especially as many use 450 sec combat duration as their norm and measure up against an ursoc fight which is usually only half the duration.
    i dont think you get simcrafts' shortcomings, simcrafts is great at simulating fights in optimal situations that never actually happen in game on fights that doesnt exists in game as a player that has god-like reactions which no person has hence why you should only really use it for statsweights bcoz the represented simulation (patchwerk fights) generally doesnt exist anymore but you're right, it is a somewhat accurate representation of ST potential and nothing more, you should never ever compare your simcraft dps with your in-game dps due to the aforementioned reasons.

Well, of course there is no boss where you can just stand there und cast, but i like to compare my ST ingame dps to my simcraft dps. It's of course just a number generated by a tool with godlike reactions but sometimes i beat it, sometimes i don't. If i don't i know why, if i do i know why too.

Other options like add cleave and stuff like that are just too random and i use it just for statweights though.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they were. I pulled 480k on dragons on details addon but logs won't reflect that. I just find I need the stars to align to pull proper numbers otherwise I get screwed with movement.