Deleted

ToV: Taint of the Sea debuff in 10m

Hello all,

so I just read over the latest nerfs to Helya and am wondering why there is still no mentioning of the problem with Taint of the Sea in 10m groups even on Normal.

I run with a decent group, but we are still young in this game (switched over from another shortly before Legion), so maybe that is the problem, but this mechanic is completely wrecking us. Everything else we could overcome by practise and adjustign tactics after a few wipes, but this feels like a stone wall.

We do not yet have many players, so more then 10-12 people in a raid is very rare. We do not have many healers, but we usually have 2 online for every raid. We do not have a Shadow Priest for mass dispells (well me, but I am healing).

So I wonder, how can we beat this mechanic with 2 healers and without a Shadow Priest? It seems impossible:

Every 8-10 seconds we get 3 Taints, we cleanse 2, but then need to wait 8 seconds for the 3rd, and just when we cleansed that, we get 3 new ones and one Cleanse is on CD now, so we need to heal through 2 Taints for several seconds. After that we would have to heal through 3 since both Cleanses are on CD...

Needless to say that this eats mana like crazy, pretty much draining our healers to 30-40% or so in the first bloody phase of the fight.

Yes, I could Mass Dispell, but that eats another big chunk of Mana and is on a 15 second CD, so at best it can hit every 2nd Taint. Also this would beg the question how a group without a priest can do the fight.

So either I am missing something very elementary or this fight is very unfairly scaled towards 10m groups (since 20m also get 3 Taints for 4 Healers...), yet it is not being changed apparently.

Any tips on how to deal with this are welcome, atm I just see no solution, other then asking someone to gear and gather AP for a healer for only 1 fight, which is really stupid.

unfortunatly ToV is VERY unfair to smaller groups >.>
    i can't really help you with the problem though since we usually run 3 healers for our group....

soooo yeah i think your best bet would be to run with 3 healers

Quote Originally Posted by Raiko View Post
    Every 8-10 seconds we get 3 Taints, we cleanse 2, but then need to wait 8 seconds for the 3rd, and just when we cleansed that, we get 3 new ones and one Cleanse is on CD now, so we need to heal through 2 Taints for several seconds. After that we would have to heal through 3 since both Cleanses are on CD...
    Do you have any logs about that? Because from all the logs I've looked at, Taints come at 13-14 seconds apart, so it's doable with 2 dispels (even if the scaling is stupid and shouldn't be like that in the first place).

10+ Year Old Account
    When we did it it was every 12 seconds with dispel cooldown being 8 seconds, on the dot if I remember reading my logs correctly.

Agreed
    Quite annoying that they are lowering the debuffs on Mythic but not in 10 man groups

Even if you just had 2 healers, the whole fight is going to be sketchy. I mean, I'm 881 paladin, and it feels like I could solo heal most things in EN heroic with some spot HoTs, probably same with guarm/odyn if I had like one more raid CD, and even we enjoy having 3 for a 12-13 person Helya because 2 just felt like it was too much damage unless everything went 100% perfect.

Props to your healers if they can do all 3 phases with 2 people, but there's not likely a way to reduce the dispels based on the # of a certain role in the raid, though I could be wrong.

Warlocks can dispell it aswell iirc, big dps loss tough.