Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    So basically you are pulling shit out of your ass that wants to fit your narrative. Obviously students were triggered in you opinion. But GOD FORBID, he might actually had other allegations attached. Let's dismiss those, while yelling "Triggered" so you can feel better.
    Pointing out that something isn't corroborated isn't dismissing it - its directly discussing it. If I wanted to dismiss that I wouldn't be responding to everybody thats talking to me about it.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Read closer.
    There's no proof. There's no complaint. Its just one administrator making claims.
    a "sexual relationship with a student" is not the same thing as "inappropriate touching". This isn't a criminal case, the guy got a written reprimand from his employer, the bar for evidence is much lower if not non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    a "sexual relationship with a student" is not the same thing as "inappropriate touching". This isn't a criminal case, the guy got a written reprimand from his employer, the bar for evidence is much lower if not non-existent.
    Sums up the whole point nicely. Well done.
    MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Then it further states that two students wanted to defend him, but the University did not interview them. So he has evidence to back him up that he was not acting inappropriately, but the University didn't want to consider that evidence.

i'm leaning on the University doing something wrong here. But I would still need to see more details.
    It states that he stated students wanted to defend him. They could have been bystanders, irrelevant to the situation, etc. I doubt they were the "victims" or else the university would have taken them seriously.

Shit article & shit thread though. Just a raging Trump supporter looking to get triggered by evil liberals.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    One linked article is an opinion piece from Kentuckyfuking.com???

I'm not home atm. Quick someone make a website: Ifuckmysisterinkentucky.com and write an opinion piece on what a pervert this professor might be.
    /facepalm

Its the website of a Kentucky newspaper that has existed since 1870.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexington_Herald-Leader
    MAGA

Yea unsubstantiated uncorroborated accusations from parties not involved. That University didn't even inform him that the allegation had been made till after the decided punishment. So if a sexual assault did occur then why weren't the police involved? If that's the case then it seems like this University is covering it up.
    Because it happened in China. Which police are they supposed to notify, again?

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Sexual assault isn't a legal issue?
    It's not like he's going to prison. It's like when you cheat on your homework. You can get expelled from the University but you're not going to jail.

Same thing here. This wasn't a court case, or a trial, or had any lawyers. It didn't go through our legal system. It was an internal conduct issue that determined he was acting with sexual misconduct. This decision appears to have been reached by the statements of several professors and the statements of the accused himself. I've worked at Universities. There's no court room, trial, etc. When a professor is accused of something like this, they do internal investigation. If there is a preponderance of evidence (i.e. most people thinks he probably did it), then action is taken.

Hope that clears up the confusion.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2016-12-20 at 07:57 PM.
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    It's not like he's going to prison. It's like when you cheat on your homework. You can get expelled from the University but you're not going to jail.

Same thing here. This wasn't a court case, or a trial, or had any lawyers. It didn't go through our legal system. It was an internal conduct issue that determined he was acting with sexual misconduct.

Hope that clears up the confusion.
    Seems to me that it would be unlikely that a University would let a sexual assault get swept under the rug IF one indeed actually occurred.

It seems far more likely, to me at least, that hypersensitive rape culture antics at at work here and while they know they cant make a criminal case out if it there is nothing stopping them from power tripping on it in house where evidence isn't a requirement.
    MAGA

Seems to me that it would be unlikely that a University would let a sexual assault get swept under the rug IF one indeed actually occurred.

It seems far more likely, to me at least, that hypersensitive rape culture antics at at work here and while they know they cant make a criminal case out if it there is nothing stopping them from power tripping on it in house where evidence isn't a requirement.
    Again, which police are they supposed to notify? It happened when the teacher was on a teaching trip in China. What American authorities do you think have jurisdiction of actions taken in China?

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Honestly, it is a pretty creepy song to sing to students.

However, there is context missing here. Was he on stage in front of them? Was he just walking down a hall singing it to himself? How was this presented?

Anyhow, here are the lyrics in case anyone is unfamiliar with the song.

"California Girls"

Well East coast girls are hip
    I really dig those styles they wear
    And the Southern girls with the way they talk
    They knock me out when I'm down there

The Mid-West farmer's daughters really make you feel alright
    And the Northern girls with the way they kiss
    They keep their boyfriends warm at night
    <--Maybe this is what they are concerned about? Not sure.

I wish they all could be California
    I wish they all could be California girls

The West coast has the sunshine
    And the girls all get so tanned
    I dig a french bikini on Hawaii island
    Dolls by a palm tree in the sand

I been all around this great big world
    And I seen all kinds of girls
    Yeah, but I couldn't wait to get back in the states
    Back to the cutest girls in the world

I wish they all could be California girls

(Girls, girls, girls yeah I dig the)
    The David Lee Roth versions is even creepier than the Beach Boys'

Sexual misconduct =/= sexual assault.

Plus this happened in China. It's not like they can call the local Kentucky police to do something about it. And I doubt the Chinese would give a damn. They're not going to ask for extradition for something this small and silly.

And one last thing, it's very rare for the police to get involved if the victim does not come forward. In some states, they actually can't do anything unless the victim says something. Again we run into the problem of the potential victim being in CHINA.

That's why it's an internal issue not a police/legal issue. You can't have a professor getting all handsy and gropy every time they make a trip.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2016-12-20 at 08:01 PM.
    – C.S. Lewis

Yea unsubstantiated uncorroborated accusations from parties not involved. That University didn't even inform him that the allegation had been made till after the decided punishment. So if a sexual assault did occur then why weren't the police involved? If that's the case then it seems like this University is covering it up.
    The police aren't involved unless the person making the claim chooses to report it to the police.

And to address the updated post that says it wasn't reported by the students themselves but by other employees: that's standard procedure. Any employee that learns of potential sexual misconduct must report it to the Title IX office, regardless of what the potential victim wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Can we somehow cure ourselves of the epidemic of trivial bullshit that people like you flood this forum with every day?

This place has devolved into a cesspool of endless garbage bait posts.
    You could simply not read it, or not respond to it. When the topic sucks, the threads devolve in to discussion about other random things. You are not being harmed by the existence of a part of the internet you take no interest in.

I was always told this was a liberal problem. But apparently it now occurs in dark red Kentucky?

But more seriously, ignoring your clickbait, he probably got hit with sexual misconduct for this gem:

Just an FYI, Louisville and Lexington are fairly liberal, like most all other college towns, they vote blue. The rest of KY is strong red.
    Guess wich two counties on this map Louisville and lexington are in, http://www.politico.com/2016-electio...dent/kentucky/

Reports to police are up to the victim. If, as the update in your OP suggests, the girls wanted to defend the professor, then it's no surprise that no police report was filed. There's no conspiracy or power grab here. This is how the system itself was set up to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Just an FYI, Louisville and Lexington are fairly liberal, like most all other college towns, they vote blue. The rest of KY is strong red.
    Guess wich two counties on this map Louisville and lexington are in, http://www.politico.com/2016-electio...dent/kentucky/
    Yeah I'm aware. I'm not an idiot. It was a joke.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2016-12-20 at 08:06 PM.
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Again, which police are they supposed to notify? It happened when the teacher was on a teaching trip in China. What American authorities do you think have jurisdiction of actions taken in China?
    The US has been involved in prosecuting people, upon returning home, who commit sex crimes in other nations for a long time now.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't have a professor getting all handsy and gropy every time they make a trip.
    A sensible truth predicated on fact that something inappropriate actually happened.
    MAGA

Life at the bottom of the barrel must be worth it.

Yeah I'm aware. I'm not an idiot. It was a joke.
    My bad, I didn't realize how blue some of the traditional red states cities where til I watched the 2008 elections

Doesn't need to have a "sexual relationship" to have inappropriate touching.

If during the song he walked up to a group of girls and squeezed their boobs, pressed their nipples, spat on them.. and .. okay.. I'm done here.