T19 Simcraft Results

According to Simcraft for the next tier frost does the highest dps. I was thinking about going back to playing my mage but started out as fire because everyone was ranting and raving about the damage. If I'm not mistaken, fire has gotten or is about to get a nerf.

What will be the highest dps spec for 7.1.5? I'd ask for beyond that but no one is a mind reader.

Frost's aoe was terrible last time I tried it, way behind fire and arcane. Is that still the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Frost's aoe was terrible last time I tried it, way behind fire and arcane. Is that still the case?
    Yes, frost still lags. Frost isn't terrible at single target, but you have to get good procs and really it's not as nice as fire with how the play style of fire works. Everything has to happen perfectly, in a standing situation with frost, and a lot of the T19 damage relies on ice lance damage, so unless you're able to get a lot of procs, you're probably better off just playing fire still
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Deleted
    Why wouldn't you ask beyond 7.1.5? Because you would still have to be a mind reader in order to know the cookie cutter spec for 7.1.5 considering, allegedly, tuning is not done yet.

Those t19 sims on the homepage of simc is from the current patch. All that data is invalid for next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadpants View Post
    Why wouldn't you ask beyond 7.1.5? Because you would still have to be a mind reader in order to know the cookie cutter spec for 7.1.5 considering, allegedly, tuning is not done yet.

Angriest first post ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I don't think they're done tuning 7.1.5 yet and it likely won't be out until the end of Jan/beginning of Feb. I would wait until they're back to work after the holidays before worrying about it too much.
    They already announced the patch for 7.1.5 January 17th.

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    They haven't. They announced Nighthold on Jan 17th. The patch is likely before that (otherwise classes are re-balanced in the midst of a new raid).

Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...-release-date/

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    They said the target release for Nighthold is then. 7.1.5 and Nighthold aren't the same things.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ctee View Post
    According to Simcraft for the next tier frost does the highest dps.
    Simcraft website results do not use Nighthold gear and do not feature 7.1.5 changes, care to share wher you found your results?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Simcraft website results do not use Nighthold gear and do not feature 7.1.5 changes, care to share wher you found your results?
    He is looking for 7.1.5 answers while including t19 thread name so I would consider this irrelevant, because everyone is just gonna post things about different things.

Deleted
    Angriest first post ever.
    and yet extremely accurate. none of us knows how the class looks come 7.1.5 hence these sort of questions are pointless.

Deleted
    What will be the highest dps spec for 7.1.5?
    I don't think there is an answer to that question right now.
    Just wait until 7.1.5 goes live and after first week hotfix, maybe we can answer that.
    Ask again by the end of january.

Remeber that there is also a big difference between cleave fights/mass aoe fights/ST fights or turret mode/high mobility fights, or sustained dps fights or high burst of damages ....

Encounters design is something you have to consider.

If you ask that to know where you should spend your AP... i suggest you make all 3 weapons with all gold traits. Then upgrade each of them to 35 for the 5% dps buff. This way you cannot be f***ed.

For my mage, I have achieved 35 traits on fire. I am on arcane weapon now. I'll take care of the frost weapon at last, if necessary.
    Last edited by mmoc5be3929c9d; 2016-12-22 at 10:40 AM.