10+ Year Old Account

Calling all setup extraordinaire and creative people!

Hey guy.

For the last few days I have been grinding my teeth at the thought of how I could make my desk/setup more efficient and clean looking. I am asking some of your opinions on what you think I should do. The desks are an IKEA Galant and some cheap shit Amazon desk that basically has to stay the way it is, due to a damaged back corner. Anything you guys would suggest I change/buy would be sweet. Thanks guys!

Cheers!
    Roblivion
    4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI Z87 G45 - Silverstone AR03 - Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 OC - Antec 620W High Current Gamer

16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz - Samsung 840 250GB - 1TB WD Blue - ASUS VG248QE @ 144Hz - Fractal Design Define R4 - Windows 10 64-Bit - Logitech G-Pro
    Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Steelseries QCK Heavy - Hyper X Cloud II

10+ Year Old Account
    That's incredibly neat and tidy. Where's the cup, the discs, the keys and papers and random odds and ends? Mine is cluttered to fuck

Also, those monitors are miles apart, are they both hooked up to the PC? O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I would clean up the cabling, but that's personal preference. You can run it all along the underside of the desk with some basic hardware and zip tie them together to the point they need to branch off. I also like having my monitors closer together so it's just a glance between them as opposed to actual head movement. Makes keeping track of things like mumble and twitch somewhat easier.
    Thanks for the reply I definitely need to work on the management of the cables. I would like the PC on my desk but it's kind of hard to do. The two desks aren't perfectly flat with one another :/. The second monitor is for both my pc and consoles. I don't know how I'd move it closer to the other monitor. I'd really like too though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    That's incredibly neat and tidy. Where's the cup, the discs, the keys and papers and random odds and ends? Mine is cluttered to fuck

Also, those monitors are miles apart, are they both hooked up to the PC? O.o
    They are both hooked to the PC and also the one for my consoles. Idk how to move it closer to my other screen although I'd like to. The two desks aren't perfectly even at the top

I'm open for suggestions
    4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI Z87 G45 - Silverstone AR03 - Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 OC - Antec 620W High Current Gamer

16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz - Samsung 840 250GB - 1TB WD Blue - ASUS VG248QE @ 144Hz - Fractal Design Define R4 - Windows 10 64-Bit - Logitech G-Pro
    Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Steelseries QCK Heavy - Hyper X Cloud II

lol you would probably have a seizure of some sort if you saw my setup.

If i ever cared what my setup looked like id use these:
    https://www.amazon.com/Management-Sl...gement+sleeves

It's hard to get the aesthetic without looking at the entire room.

My professional interior designer says:
    1. Get rid of that santa thing holder your PS4 remote. It looks tacky and the colors don't match anything else.

2. Black on black looks bad and doesn't show enough contrast. Consider buying some placemats/runners for under your devices/on the tables.

3. I might run an old white bedsheet to the backs of the table to hide the wires, and also hide the table's horizontal steel bar things. It would make it look cleaner and make the black table tops pop.

4. The monitors don't need to be together, but your table has no symmetry at all. Symmetry makes things look nicer. Distribute everything nicer throughout the table.

5. Consider buying a rug for under the tables (and your chair). The light colored carpet against the white walls looks eh. (It's hard to tell if it's fine without seeing the whole room.)