I just can't understand why this class is so boring

Beastmastery should be all about controlling one or two beast pets, managing it's damage, supporting it's damage, you know, being a master of beasts your pet should be the main focus of the class... but all I do is punch the air for "kill command", spam the awful shout emote for Call Dire Beast, and shoot Zul Gurub-era snake heads out of my chest, because the bow/xbow/gun is always clipped through my head from shouting or punching the air... There's nothing to this spec...

Survival should be the PVP spec, setting a myriad of traps and luring your enemies into a minefield menagerie of dots, slows, knockbacks, knockdowns, stuns and dazes, all the while shooting off arrows or bullets charged with MORE dots and effects. Instead it's an awfully designed polearm-only melee spec with what feels more like grenades than traps. I mean if you want to go the PVE-viable melee route with this spec, change the description, remove traps from the spec completely and give it more options for a rotation rather than stack haste and blow it. That's Arcane's bit, and it's a lot more entertaining there.

Marksmanship should be all about playing the situation, picking from focused, powerful single shots in a rotation to build up to an enormous critical hit or a huge spread of arrows or rockets or whatever to lay a barrage from afar and above to deal with groups of lesser enemies. This spec should feel more like a ranged assassin sometimes than always a turret. At least this spec is somewhat flashy compared to the other two, but that doesn't excuse the ridiculousness of musket-age rifles/blunderbusses and hand-drawn crossbows/bows from firing hundreds of shots inside of a minute...

And let's be fair... since this is the only class in the game that viably uses ranged weapon types... this should have 3 VERY distinct, very entertaining specs. What we have is a train wreck that seems DESIGNED to be boring and pitifully boring at that.

Wtb blink strike baseline, and ffs fix hati movement speed... it moved like a goddamn grandma trying to cross the street during red light

Quote Originally Posted by Trapmastery View Post
    Wtb blink strike baseline, and ffs fix hati movement speed... it moved like a goddamn grandma trying to cross the street during red light
    I'm surprised you're the only reply so far after this amount of time. Then again I think it's a relief not to have my viewpoints shot at by the vicious people on this forum. :P

MM is sooo boring waiting for mark shot, they should make mark shot 12s cool down (can reduce by haste) imstead of random, this will make it similar to ret pal rotation and better than random pro on mark shot.

Overall the RNG on mark shot make MM most boring class to play.

It feel sooo boring to wait for this op spell to popup so I can shooooot my arrow. I mean when a experienced hunter hero aim at someone it should take fixed time(cooldown) to aim instead of random chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter is beyond boring this expansion, and Blizzard's "class fantasy" destroyed a majority of the player bases playstyles.

They continue to ignore valid feedback on forums and on twitter and their fix to the feedback that has been so overwhelming that they couldn't ignore it was "Its on a legendary now, gl fam"

And that is why i am now playing a rogue.. because it is much more fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarie View Post
    Hunter is beyond boring this expansion, and Blizzard's "class fantasy" destroyed a majority of the player bases playstyles.

They continue to ignore valid feedback on forums and on twitter and their fix to the feedback that has been so overwhelming that they couldn't ignore it was "Its on a legendary now, gl fam"

And that is why i am now playing a rogue.. because it is much more fun for me.

Honestly, as melee only player, sadly, i find survival most fun to play despite all controversy behind it currently. Rogues are good too, but thats it.
    Most of melee classes compose of gap closer's, build resources, open damage window, dump all, repeat. Survival just does it a bit differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Missionary Jacobus View Post
    I'm surprised you're the only reply so far after this amount of time. Then again I think it's a relief not to have my viewpoints shot at by the vicious people on this forum. :P
    You shouldnt be actually. Topic doesnt say much on its own, its a question that we went over and over again, next - holiday days and as last.. i presume hunters got tired. Honestly Hunter community is (was) one of the loudest out there, yet not much has changed in .5 patch so far.
    We havent expected huge reworks (we hoped for them tho) but what have they done is depressing so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

When people would have been much happier if they literally changed NOTHING when going into Legion you'd think they would realise they fucked up. Instead they opted for overwhelming denial and deflection.

We dont have 'pvp' specs anymore, its intended that every class can pvp.

cobras look lame imo, i think there is alot of lost potential, they could have stolen more from survival perhaps, animation polish would go a long way, perhaps spirit swoop could be something cool to add, but i get ya, though i imagine it would be hard to make pet control in leu of rotational abilities feel satisfying, the base pet controls are pretty horrible as it is

the rotation gets fun with titan's thunder, killer cobra, and qa'pla (dire beast reduces kill command by 3 seconds)

Deleted
    Irony that Surival is most fun of all hunter specs now : )

Deleted
    All you do is Wait for Procs. not very fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    All you do is Wait for Procs. not very fun.
    Not quite right if you have to move Then it's really challenging to keep your DPS up and manage your boost correctly. It's certainly more interesting to play than the other two. But I can understand that someone likes an easy mode.
    And I'm not talking about world content or PvP where Surv is blissful.
    For me MM/BM is really two buttons emptiness. They are just necessity for certain PvE encounters.

Legion is why Hunter is boring. We lost nearly all our utility including tranq shot, master's call, ranged traps, a root of any kind, etc.. Melee Survival was created and abilities / talents were just thrown everywhere half assed. Loss of fluidity in the rotation because cast on the move focus generation shots were removed ( imo ). Hati is a slow piece of crap and MM damage relies on Vunerable and procs.

I'm enjoying BM in M+s, the mobility is great especially against Volcanic. And it's very satisfying to drop a big Stampede for like 2mil+.

To be fair, the OP is not wrong that it is a mongoloid spec that you almost have to try to fuck up. But idk maybe I'm just a scrub now that I'm not raiding anymore and I like not having to focus on anything besides what's going on in the pulls/encounters.

I like what one of the hunters in my guild said.. BM should have been the melee spec, fighting up close with your pets. Survival is you and a pet and traps, just the two of you against the wilds, and Marks the no pet spec as is (mostly). At first i didn't agree cause i like BM but after leveling my alt hunter i do agree i think BM would be a better melee spec to fight along side your pets than survival is. :/
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by coood View Post
    Not quite right if you have to move Then it's really challenging to keep your DPS up and manage your boost correctly. It's certainly more interesting to play than the other two. But I can understand that someone likes an easy mode.
    And I'm not talking about world content or PvP where Surv is blissful.
    For me MM/BM is really two buttons emptiness. They are just necessity for certain PvE encounters.
    SV players mistake bloated and clunky for challenging.